Pushmo is charming fun on the 3DS

Started by Supersonic196, December 31, 2011, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

So I've just purchased Pushmo on 3DS, and I must say, this is a rather large game for $7.50 USD

I'm only on world 1, but observing the menu, I've got a looooooooooooooooong way to go.
Based on the engine for Super Mario 3D Land, Nintendo has once again managed to deliver a quirky game with as much charm as challenge. The result is Pushmo, a fantastically simplistic puzzle platformer developed by Nintendo's Intelligent Systems division.

The game starts out stupidly easy, as most modern day Nintendo games do, but quickly ramps up the challenge in later levels, and there are a LOT of levels, I've passed the first 18 tutorial levels and world 1 has challenged me a few times. (unlike the first 8 worlds in SM3DL)
You can even make your own if you'd like.

The game's artstyle is rather appealing, simple yet defined, and the colors really come out with 3D turned on.
The soundtrack is equally good, combining sound effects and bloops from the 8 bit era, and combining it with some easy listening, both soothing and motivating. Can't believe I just wrote that...

There's not much else to say about Pushmo, just putting it out there that if you're looking for a good collection of brain teasers at a rather affordable price, Pushmo is a great choice.

jkid101094

A friend of mine has it. I've looked it up and it looks cute. I want to try is along with Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Mighty Switch Force.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 31, 2011, 05:52:35 PM
A friend of mine has it. I've looked it up and it looks cute.
It's adorable :3
But it's quite hard in some parts.

Scratch that, It's a fantastic challenge that can and will frustrate impatient gamers, however, all it takes is some logic and contemplation.
If you can get your thoughts into a process of "I'm here. I need to be there to progress. What can I do to make that a reality?"
You can get more enjoyment out of this game. I really wasn't expecting something this deep. Don't be fooled by it's cutesy appearance.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on December 31, 2011, 06:31:57 PM
It's adorable :3
But it's quite hard in some parts.

Scratch that, It's a fantastic challenge that can and will frustrate impatient gamers, however, all it takes is some logic and contemplation.
If you can get your thoughts into a process of "I'm here. I need to be there to progress. What can I do to make that a reality?"
You can get more enjoyment out of this game. I really wasn't expecting something this deep. Don't be fooled by it's cutesy appearance.
I like those kinds of games. I'll see what Club Nintendo offers me before I actually buy it, though. Why pay when you can get it for free?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 01, 2012, 08:26:22 PM
Why pay when you can get it for free?

I like supporting in innovation with my money, but seeing as Nintendo has money shooting out of every crack in their wall, getting it for free doesn't sound too bad.

Although if they see people will pay for stuff like this they'll probably make more like it.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 02, 2012, 05:49:57 AM
I like supporting in innovation with my money, but seeing as Nintendo has money shooting out of every crack in their wall, getting it for free doesn't sound too bad.

Although if they see people will pay for stuff like this they'll probably make more like it.

Agreed! If they make more - they shouldn't mess with a formula that works.
I've seen trailers and some gameplay of this - it's an interesting concept for a platformer.
If it's free, snag it up. If it becomes something that has a price on it and you feel strongly about it - buy it!
Supporting developers and "innovation with my [your] money" can go a long way for a supportive and great fanbase and franchise.

Supersonic196

I made a shoe.
You can play this puzzle by scanning the QR code to the right.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 02, 2012, 05:49:57 AM

No, no, no.

I meant Club Nintendo. CN has been putting out games you can buy with coins you get for registering products. They swap out their line up every month. I'll gladly pay for Pushmo, but why spend more money when I can pay with what I've already spent?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 02, 2012, 08:17:26 AM
No, no, no.

I meant Club Nintendo. CN has been putting out games you can buy with coins you get for registering products. They swap out their line up every month. I'll gladly pay for Pushmo, but why spend more money when I can pay with what I've already spent?

I knew that, I just meant give them more of your money x3

jkid101094

Ah, fuck it. I don't want to wait. I convinced mom to hand over her card. I might get Pushmo and Mighty Switch Force. I might wait on Risky's Revenge.

Post Merge: January 02, 2012, 03:03:49 PM

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 02, 2012, 06:01:08 AM
I made a shoe.
You can play this puzzle by scanning the QR code to the right.
Your pushmo is apparently too advanced for me. :U

Post Merge: January 02, 2012, 04:33:57 PM

I was sad because I wasn't able to play your Pushmo, so I made this:

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 02, 2012, 09:31:00 AM
Ah, fuck it. I don't want to wait. I convinced mom to hand over her card. I might get Pushmo and Mighty Switch Force. I might wait on Risky's Revenge.

I take it you're enjoying this. You've been playing all day :3

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 02, 2012, 04:39:49 PM
I take it you're enjoying this. You've been playing all day :3
Been trying. xD

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 02, 2012, 08:17:26 AM
No, no, no.

Oh yeah - forgot about that. He makes a good point.