Fire Emblem 13 to Have Paid DLC.

Started by jkid101094, January 01, 2012, 05:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

This was posted on GoW awhile back, but I forgot to post it here.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169068

Basically this will be the first Nintendo game to feature paid DLC. And you know what else? It basically confirms DLC for Wii U AND 3DS. And with Smash 4 coming up...

KTNXBAI. Off to grind up some cash so I can pig out on Smash DLC.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I though nintendo was against making people pay for DLC?

jkid101094

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on January 01, 2012, 06:38:38 AM
I though nintendo was against making people pay for DLC?
Apparently not.

People kept asking so the Big N delivered.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Now if only they gave free game demos...

And whatever it is they're gonna put in the DLC, why not just include it in the game? If they go overboard with it like Capcom because they know people will buy it regardless, and they're games become more and more lazy and lackluster because of it, then... f*ck.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

I was always under the impression Nintendo didn't believe in suppliying extra content for a price... I can't remember where I read that.

shadowDOESrock

Welcome to the World, it was only a matter of time.

Besides, Nintendo usually makes no DLC at all.

Post Merge: January 01, 2012, 11:32:24 AM

Quote from: windlessusher on January 01, 2012, 07:14:21 AM
Now if only they gave free game demos...

And whatever it is they're gonna put in the DLC, why not just include it in the game? If they go overboard with it like Capcom because they know people will buy it regardless, and they're games become more and more lazy and lackluster because of it, then... f*ck.

DLC's Items are additional and arent required, like AT ALL.

So if you really want that random crap- you go pay for it.

SmashFinale

Shouldn't this be in news and current events in the gaming section?

Tanassy

'When you pay for a game, you should get the entire game, with additional content being a free download unless it's some massive new expansion.' This is what Nintendo USED to believe.. especially when they announced that the 3DS could support DLC. Now they throw that out the windo and go, "yup, we're gonna ask for more money like every other company we bagged before, when we said they were doing the wrong thing."

Personally I have no problem with Paid DLC, I just don't buy it. But when Nintendo goes "We do not support this".... well, it was Reggie who said it after all. Bloody tosser.

SmashFinale

i like DLC. i dont like preplanned DLC

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 01, 2012, 10:37:35 AM
i like DLC. i dont like preplanned DLC
The fact that some content doesn't get a polish before release is fine, but when it's actually planned it is extremely annoying... So I'm with you there.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on January 01, 2012, 10:31:38 AM
Personally I have no problem with Paid DLC, I just don't buy it.

yeah right bro, tell that to yer hairdresser.

Super Sonic Boom

DLC is touchy for me - free DLC, give me it and I'll deal with it.
Paid DLC - I need to weigh the cost verses expansion and gameplay and worthiness of my money.

SmashFinale

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy