I Don't Understand Why I Buy Games Anymore...

Started by jkid101094, January 19, 2012, 07:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

I feel you, bro...
I bought the game when it came out and now they're like "Oh, we're pulling a nice thing here and re-releasing the game with all the DLC :3"

Tanassy

Uh hello... it's totally not like the game's fairly old now or anything </sarcasm>

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:00:39 AM
Uh hello... it's totally not like the game's fairly old now or anything </sarcasm>

Uh hello it's not like I bought their game early so I could get shunned out of getting free DLC.

Seriously, it's like they're giving their fans the middle finger.

"Oh, hey, you didn't care about our game enough to buy it? Well here, have all the DLC our fans paid good money for for absolutely free."

Also, its only two years old, Tana.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 19, 2012, 10:07:37 AM
Uh hello it's not like I bought their game early so I could get shunned out of getting free DLC.

Seriously, it's like they're giving their fans the middle finger.

"Oh, hey, you didn't care about our game enough to buy it? Well here, have all the DLC our fans paid good money for for absolutely free."

Also, its only two years old, Tana.
Corporate capitalism! yay.

Tanassy

Two years old, for a game, is old.

They do it to get more sales, and also to pick up people who 1) weren't sure about the game at release (like me) and people who don't like to pay extra money for game content (like me)

It's actually a good idea, and you're only butthurt if you paid for the game and "suddenly", are not satisfied with what you payed for. It's bullshit that you're even complaining about this.. I don't complain when this happens- I go "Oh good for you guys! Now more people will play this game and enjoy it and not have to pay as much as I did" Think about it, two years. It's not like it's a half-decent game they're doing it for, half a year after release, at half the price. it's a good game with plenty of content and  it's two years old. This is what makes games age well. If you can't see that, well that's your own problem.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:20:50 AM
Two years old, for a game, is old.

They do it to get more sales, and also to pick up people who 1) weren't sure about the game at release (like me) and people who don't like to pay extra money for game content (like me)

It's actually a good idea, and you're only butthurt if you paid for the game and "suddenly", are not satisfied with what you payed for. It's bullshit that you're even complaining about this.. I don't complain when this happens- I go "Oh good for you guys! Now more people will play this game and enjoy it and not have to pay as much as I did" Think about it, two years. It's not like it's a half-decent game they're doing it for, half a year after release, at half the price. it's a good game with plenty of content and  it's two years old. This is what makes games age well. If you can't see that, well that's your own problem.
It's not that I'm butthurt that I'm not getting it, it's that it's unfair that people who don't support the franchise get more for nothing. When Nintendo made the internet channel free they let me download a free NES game to compensate. When they reduced the price of the 3DS they gave you 10 free games, half of which were exclusive. It just ticks me off that they're pretty much saying, "Oh, you bought they game early? You actually CARE about the franchise? Haha, sad for you."

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Unless you bought it digitally I doubt there'd be any way for you to get any sort of compensation. Which would then make it unfair for retail purchasers, especially console users.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:29:43 AM
Unless you bought it digitally I doubt there'd be any way for you to get any sort of compensation. Which would then make it unfair for retail purchasers, especially console users.
Exactly. You might be able to just walk in and pay the $60 for the game and get everything but I need to either buy a game I already paid for or ask my mom for her credit card and buy everything that comes on the disc and to me that isn't fair at all.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

It's be nice if retailers would give you decent deals on trading the game in, but I guess that's also a lot to ask for.

I think we both make fair points. Like I said, it helps the game sell, and age well. Getting a re-release after 2 years is actually pretty cool. It might encourage me to pick up the game, that way Jeexx can stop pestering me to play it.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:34:49 AM
It's be nice if retailers would give you decent deals on trading the game in, but I guess that's also a lot to ask for.

I think we both make fair points. Like I said, it helps the game sell, and age well. Getting a re-release after 2 years is actually pretty cool. It might encourage me to pick up the game, that way Jeexx can stop pestering me to play it.
It would be nice if they'd just kill the price of the DLC, but then we'd hear people that could actually afford THAT bitching. It's a never ending cycle.

Edit:
If the DLC was exclusive to the disc it would still be outrageous, but I'd be more inclined to get it seeing as it's an actual extension rather than just free shit.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Come to think of it, even just cutting the price of the DLC would make bucketloads of sense. Unless that's what you meant as opposed to making it free.. Then again I don't know how much that shit costs anyway.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on January 19, 2012, 10:50:36 AM
Come to think of it, even just cutting the price of the DLC would make bucketloads of sense. Unless that's what you meant as opposed to making it free.. Then again I don't know how much that shit costs anyway.

Apparently $8 a piece from what I've read so the price of the DLC is almost the price of the disc anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

I really don't like DLC... at all... I'm fine with patches, but when you charge for something that could've been included in the vanilla game it seems like they pushed the game out before it was done.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 19, 2012, 11:04:15 AM
I really don't like DLC... at all... I'm fine with patches, but when you charge for something that could've been included in the vanilla game it seems like they pushed the game out before it was done.
Well, it generally costs money to make the DLC too, I would assume.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.