Main Menu

Skullgirls

Started by jkid101094, February 06, 2012, 07:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 18, 2012, 02:27:54 PM
I have been told that this one would be the best 2D fighting game after Arcana Heart 3 & SFxT - currently downloading the demo to see what the fuzz is all about.
You're going to be dissapointed if you're going into it with such high expectations
As I said, the game's great...
Quote from: windlessusher on April 18, 2012, 01:15:28 PM
But of course, even though I love this game, it does have it's problems, and I have my nitpicks, but I'll speak of those some other time...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

The demo is taking me more than an hour to download. This shit better be worth it.

Post Merge: April 19, 2012, 01:53:35 AM

To my surprise I enjoyed that more than I should have. The demo only gives you two characters but while it isn't exactly easy to pull off big combos it doesn't seem too overly complicated either. I doubt I could play online and win (I always fucking lose online. >.<) I also LOVE how you can customize your assists. To be honest of all the games I've played that's the first time I've seen the option to do that and it just amazes me. I'm not exactly sure it's worth the buy, though. I'll have to think about it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Why exactly is this the first fighting game ever to have custom assists? This baffles me
And I agree on the combos. Watching all those pre-launch gameplay videos, I was scared at how complicated it must be to pull off all those crazy stuff, but to my surprise it is alot easier than it looks.

And don't even worry about the online...for now. Everyone is still in the "learning stage" of what works and what doesn't, so fighting online, even when I lose, is still alot of fun. But that's probably just me...

So jkid, Filia or Cerebella?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 19, 2012, 08:03:20 AM
Why exactly is this the first fighting game ever to have custom assists? This baffles me
And I agree on the combos. Watching all those pre-launch gameplay videos, I was scared at how complicated it must be to pull off all those crazy stuff, but to my surprise it is alot easier than it looks.

And don't even worry about the online...for now. Everyone is still in the "learning stage" of what works and what doesn't, so fighting online, even when I lose, is still alot of fun. But that's probably just me...

So jkid, Filia or Cerebella?
Well you could potentially use it to spam a very strong attack. I don't think assists cost anything to use, do they?

As for the girls I really don't have a preference yet. I like them both. If I buy the game I do want to learn to use Parasoul, though. Also, I HATE fighting people who spam projectiles like the computer. The only two characters they give you don't seem to have any and it makes it near impossible to close in for a kill.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 19, 2012, 10:37:39 AM
Well you could potentially use it to spam a very strong attack. I don't think assists cost anything to use, do they?

As for the girls I really don't have a preference yet. I like them both. If I buy the game I do want to learn to use Parasoul, though. Also, I HATE fighting people who spam projectiles like the computer. The only two characters they give you don't seem to have any and it makes it near impossible to close in for a kill.
Assists don't cost anything, but they do have an approximate 3 second cooldown period.

And bro, f*ck the computer.
And Filia and Cerebella do have a move to deal with projectiles. Well, Filia has 1, but Cerebella has 2...

If spammy cpu grind your gears, ten you're gonna HATE the story mode final boss ='(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 19, 2012, 11:33:18 AM
If spammy cpu grind your gears, ten you're gonna HATE the story mode final boss ='(
If that's the case I'll stick to their Mugen characters.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 19, 2012, 11:51:45 AM
If that's the case I'll stick to their Mugen characters.
I long for the day when developers learn that just because it's the final boss doesn't mean it has to be CHEAP.
There's a thin line between rewardingly difficult and FRUSTRATINGLY CHEAP. Doesn't distract me from the game as a whole, but damn is it annoying...

EDIT:
So yeah, after I swallowed my pride and put it to "Sleepwalker" difficulty after realising you get NOTHING for beating it on higher difficulties(except bragging rights I guess), I finally beat all 8 story modes.
And damn... some pretty exciting stuff take place...

I dunno about you guys, but these seem to be some of the better told stories I've seen in a while... except Parasoul's, her's was just stupid -_-"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 20, 2012, 02:59:24 PM
So yeah, after I swallowed my pride and put it to "Sleepwalker" difficulty after realising you get NOTHING for beating it on higher difficulties(except bragging rights I guess), I finally beat all 8 story modes.
And damn... some pretty exciting stuff take place...

I dunno about you guys, but these seem to be some of the better told stories I've seen in a while... except Parasoul's, her's was just stupid -_-"
I assume you're either easily impressed or have never played Twisted Metal.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 20, 2012, 05:02:49 PM
I assume you're either easily impressed or have never played Twisted Metal.
Both are true.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 20, 2012, 07:19:14 PM
Both are true.
Go play that shit. It's amazing.

Also, for those of you who are on the ropes about this game consider this; you can make the girls cosplay as Vocaloids. I'm not fucking joking.

And I'm not sure why people like Peacock so damned much. Her voice, her design, her move set and her goddamned "garbage day" reference set a new standard in "fucking annoying".

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 22, 2012, 07:44:10 AM
Go play that shit. It's amazing.

Also, for those of you who are on the ropes about this game consider this; you can make the girls cosplay as Vocaloids. I'm not fucking joking.

And I'm not sure why people like Peacock so damned much. Her voice, her design, her move set and her goddamned "garbage day" reference set a new standard in "fucking annoying".
Go play Peacock's story mode, and then you'll understand how awesome she is... character wise anyway... also he's Mike Z's(the creator of the game) favourite, so I guess most people are just riding a bandwagon...

And not only are there Vocaloid references, but also Darkstalkers, Wolverine, and a buch of other animes n' whatnot, like turning Valentine into a Konoha ninja... I sh*t you not.

And yes jkid, one of these days I WILL buy and play the sh*t outta Twisted Metal.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 22, 2012, 07:51:25 AM
Go play Peacock's story mode, and then you'll understand how awesome she is... character wise anyway... also he's Mike Z's(the creator of the game) favourite, so I guess most people are just riding a bandwagon...

And not only are there Vocaloid references, but also Darkstalkers, Wolverine, and a buch of other animes n' whatnot, like turning Valentine into a Konoha ninja... I sh*t you not.

And yes jkid, one of these days I WILL buy and play the sh*t outta Twisted Metal.
I hate bandwagons. Besides, I like Parasoul. =P

You forgot Kneesocks. I'm not the only one here that likes P&S.

Black is my favorite. I haven't played the new one but most of the other games are awesome...excluding 3 and 4. Never touch those.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 22, 2012, 08:15:38 AM
I hate bandwagons. Besides, I like Parasoul. =P

Black is my favorite. I haven't played the new one but most of the other games are awesome...excluding 3 and 4. Never touch those.
Yeah Parasoul is cool... her sister on the other hand >_>

I was planning on getting the new Twisted Metal, but I keep hearing Black is the best one...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 22, 2012, 08:33:09 AM
Yeah Parasoul is cool... her sister on the other hand >_>

I was planning on getting the new Twisted Metal, but I keep hearing Black is the best one...
Parasoul has a sister?

And it is if you like the darkness of the story. If you just like dark humor then I think 2 or Head On would be the best.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay