The Legendary Chronicles of Whisps. Yes, it's supposed to sound cliche. (DEBUG)

Started by jkid101094, February 23, 2012, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Since everyone is all crazy over RPGMVX I figured I'd revive an old parody game of mine since I felt like making a standard RPG. Basically you choose the name, sex, class and element of four characters. Throughout the game these four characters are asked to defeat "whisps". Basically my excuse for not having an overworld sprite of the bosses. After defeating the whisp they have to collect a single shard from each of the seven world crystals. I know it sounds cliche and that's because it's supposed to. I'm going to try parodying several games. I already have ideas for a KS, Pheonix Wright and even a 999/Maro Party crossover scene.

I probably won't finish this but in case I do I want help debugging the "character creator" at the intro. Basically I'm hoping you guys will test out the script for me. Just play the game as stated and make your four characters. Once you done just leave the name, class, element and sex of your four characters in a post and tell me if you saw anything odd. Pictures would be wonderful as would videos.

You will not advance further than the character creator, though, even though there are more maps. Once you activate the event to create the three side characters you're stuck there. I didn't fix that on purpose.

Also yes, I know. The descriptions of players 3 and 4 are the same. I'll fix that too.

Thank you, guys!

Also, for those wondering about the KS stage in Brawl. I still don't know what to do with that. I'm thinking about it, though.

VITAL EDIT: When I was deleting stuff to make the game file smaller I deleted a few things I needed. The game will not run without them so I've included the missing files. It should be obvious where to put them if you have ever installed Minecraft mods.

Downloads:

Game:

Download V0.1

Patches:

V0.1 Sound Patch

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 07:48:08 AM
Thankies. Nice to know you're willing to help me with my bullshit.
x3
I figured I might be able to learn something about VX by studying a game by someone who uses it :3

EDIT~

Woah... This is actually REALLY good. I half expected a joke RPG, that's the only thing I've ever used VX for.
Anyways, Impressive stuff here.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 24, 2012, 07:50:50 AM
x3
I figured I might be able to learn something about VX by studying a game by someone who uses it :3
If you're a beginner that just wants to learn the basics of eventing in VX then I think you've come to the right place. This game will contain some of the most advanced stuff I've done yet. x3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 07:57:47 AM
If you're a beginner that just wants to learn the basics of eventing in VX then I think you've come to the right place. This game will contain some of the most advanced stuff I've done yet. x3
I'm far from a beginner. However I barely ever use VX. I was quite surprised to see this project is like a legit JRPG. I didn't think VX could make something of this quality.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 24, 2012, 08:04:00 AM
I'm far from a beginner. However I barely ever use VX. I was quite surprised to see this project is like a legit JRPG. I didn't think VX could make something of this quality.
In VX, I meant. If you're surprised with this then you have seen NOTHING. xD

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 08:15:31 AM
In VX, I meant. If you're surprised with this then you have seen NOTHING. xD
Apparently not. I'd always thought of VX as the cheap alternative to actual code. I guess it's quite possible to make an impressive game with it though x3

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 24, 2012, 08:18:52 AM
Apparently not. I'd always thought of VX as the cheap alternative to actual code. I guess it's quite possible to make an impressive game with it though x3
*cough* *cough*

It's XP, not VX but you get the point.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 08:26:01 AM
*cough* *cough*

It's XP, not VX but you get the point.
I like top down better. That 3d looks really awkward.... :I

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 24, 2012, 08:36:01 AM
I like top down better. That 3d looks really awkward.... :I

But you get the point, right? RPGM doesn't get enough credit for what it really is.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 08:48:08 AM
But you get the point, right? RPGM doesn't get enough credit for what it really is.
Yes I do. While it's not the most flexible thing in the world, It does what it was made for REALLY well.

jkid101094

Question time, kiddies. Would you like me to just leave the base as is and post specific patches that you can apply? Or have the big updates downloadable as a whole and only use patches for things like grammar fixes and such?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 09:47:35 AM
Question time, kiddies. Would you like me to just leave the base as is and post specific patches that you can apply? Or have the big updates downloadable as a whole and only use patches for things like grammar fixes and such?
I'd use patches If I were you. :P

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 24, 2012, 10:01:15 AM
I'd use patches If I were you. :P
My thinking was that patches would be more of a hassle to dl because there would be more of them. You'd probably have to install them in a certain order too when it came to maps and stuff. Every map is saved as it's own file.

Thinking about it now I might just do the first one. While patches are faster they're more annoying to do for all of us. :U

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.