Main Menu

Mass Effect 3

Started by TheGameNinja, March 05, 2012, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

If Bioware did this on purpose. If the end of the game, everything after Harbinger hits you with its beam, is a hallucination brought on by indoctrination...

If the very end, the Starchild, the choices, the conversations, are all an attempt to INDOCTRINATE THE PLAYER... bravo, that's amazing. One of the greatest accomplishments in gaming because it 100% works.

Otherwise... no, I hope this is true. It would be great. The alternative is... suckish.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 14, 2012, 07:53:10 PM
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9727423/1

If Bioware did this on purpose. If the end of the game, everything after Harbinger hits you with its beam, is a hallucination brought on by indoctrination...

If the very end, the Starchild, the choices, the conversations, are all an attempt to INDOCTRINATE THE PLAYER... bravo, that's amazing. One of the greatest accomplishments in gaming because it 100% works.

Otherwise... no, I hope this is true. It would be great. The alternative is... suckish.
SPOILERS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2c34325FAAAAAAAAOAA
If all this time... making the paragon options blue and renegade options red, all a trick to make sure YOU kill humanity.. that f*cking GENIUS
If that were the case... that means the game didn't really "end" and this is just some cliffhanger for Mass Effect 4 =/
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Just played the new endings. The plot holes have been filled, so I'm happy. Here's some thoughts:

Destroy: Shep still lives, triumphant music plays over ending

Control: Shep dies, his consciousness creates a new AI, grim music plays over the ending (sounds similar to the game over tune), Shep's eyes show indoctrination

Synthesis: Shep dies, same music as destroy plays (I think), Shep's eyes show indoctrination, synthesis is just wrong and creepy

Refuse: HARBINGER IS THE STARCHILD, INDOCTRINATION IS TRUE, the ending suggests that your cycle falls but that the next defeats the Reapers because of you but I do not believe this is true

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 27, 2012, 12:07:42 AM
Just played the new endings. The plot holes have been filled, so I'm happy. Here's some thoughts:

Destroy: Shep still lives, triumphant music plays over ending

Control: Shep dies, his consciousness creates a new AI, grim music plays over the ending (sounds similar to the game over tune), Shep's eyes show indoctrination

Synthesis: Shep dies, same music as destroy plays (I think), Shep's eyes show indoctrination, synthesis is just wrong and creepy

Refuse: HARBINGER IS THE STARCHILD, INDOCTRINATION IS TRUE, the ending suggests that your cycle falls but that the next defeats the Reapers because of you but I do not believe this is true
The game would've sold out 1000 times over if these were the endings in the first place...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on July 31, 2012, 01:53:39 PM
The game would've sold out 1000 times over if these were the endings in the first place...
Wind... do you not remember the anticipation for this game?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on July 31, 2012, 02:03:25 PM
Wind... do you not remember the anticipation for this game?
Yeah, what of it?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 01, 2012, 10:42:50 AM
They sold. Well.
Quote from: windlessusher on July 31, 2012, 01:53:39 PM
F*ck, I would've bought this and Mass Effect 2 and played them both as a single playthrough
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay