The Consumer... Doesn't Matter Anymore?

Started by Hakudamashi, March 13, 2012, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 26, 2012, 12:58:34 AM
What was in the case in pulp fiction?
Did you had to ask the director to change the ending so that we get answers?
Was the ending good though? I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard this comparison before. And it seems like people liked that ending. Should the creators of the work be satisfied if a large percentage of their fanbase dislikes a part of their work? A lot of people, myself included, only want the ending of Mass Effect 3 expanded upon. Nothing has to be removed. Sense can be made of the ending, but only if this is not the real ending.

ME3 has 17 endings. 16 of them end with Shepard dead. 1 of them does not. And if the ending is what everyone thinks it is, then the game isn't over yet.

Did Pulp Fiction end with a cliffhanger ending that you could only see the rest of if you paid to see it a second time?

ME3 is the end of Shepard's story. Bioware has said that repeatedly. There may be more Mass Effect, but no more Shepard. But the one ending where Shepard lives, the one ending where the possibility for success is still available, does not conclude Shepard's story. Every other ending does, but if those endings are correct, then if there IS another Mass Effect game, it will either be set in the distant past or distant future since the Mass Relays being destroyed isolates everyone in the galaxy from each other.

So, going by the fact that Shepard's story is not over (the game says as much after the credits) and 3 is Shepard's last game AND anything to the contrary will be so far removed from the current ME lore that it may as well not be Mass Effect anymore (this isn't like Star Wars's Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far Away), we know that the ending WILL be changed via DLC. Again, the game says as much after the credits and has since been confirmed by Bioware.

That means Bioware sold everyone unfinished copies of the game. The ending is not in the current game. No, the consumer does not matter anymore. They only exist to squeeze money out of. Their opinions are meaningless. Bioware says they are working on additional content to address the issues people have with the game, but I know, you know, EVERYONE knows that they obviously planned it all. They might even already have the ending done and are just waiting to release it, teasing us all along the way.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 30, 2012, 12:36:21 AM
i was hoping that atleast with CC i can understand what hes saying, but i still cant.
Seriously, what's not to understand? We're being ripped off, plain and simple.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on March 30, 2012, 04:43:27 PM
Seriously, what's not to understand? We're being ripped off, plain and simple.

no, i mean, i literally do not understand what hes saying becaue of that voice morphing.

Supersonic196

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 04, 2012, 01:57:53 AM
no, i mean, i literally do not understand what hes saying becaue of that voice morphing.
This.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 30, 2012, 12:36:21 AM
i was hoping that atleast with CC i can understand what hes saying, but i still cant.
Quote from: supersonic196 on April 04, 2012, 03:08:25 AM
This.
You two both have terrible ears.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.