Guitar Hero Aerosmith
3 (7.9%)
Rock Band
12 (31.6%)
Guitar Hero: World Tour
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Spex1992

Does anyone here play any of the Guitar Hero games or Rock Band? I personally love all of them, but I hate the Rock Band guitar. If anyone plays Guitar Hero III online on the Wii, I'll post my friend code tomorrow. Anyway, use this thread to discuss anything pertaining to Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

If you need help, please leave me a PM

Takama94

Guitar Hero 2 was the best one hands down it had the best track list in my opinion and it also had the best DLC.

Gilly

i think guitar hero iii is the best by far i love that game.

Luma

I go for rockband because of the drums, aldoh I like GH 3 equally, but GH Aerosmith is an abomination

Spex1992

Quote from: AkatsukiSonic on August 10, 2008, 11:25:27 PM
I go for rockband because of the drums, aldoh I like GH 3 equally, but GH Aerosmith is an abomination

I agree with you about Rock Band, the drums really make it great, but I've never played Aerosmith yet, and I really don't plan on it. On another note, which do you think will be better, Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour. I'm leaning towards World Tour for the guitar/bass oriented songs, while I think Rock Band will have more well balanced songs, although I think the music studio in World Tour is going to be pretty awesome. Also, the drum set looks pretty nice for World Tour, I mean come on Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Travis Barker (Blink 182), and Stewart Copeland (The Police) all helped design and test it!

Luma

To be honest, Rock Band has sad note stuff...it has When you Were Young just like Guitar Hero 3 but in Rock Band at the beginning u just hit one color notes while in Guitar Hero it was like 3 notes for the same thing

But the drums are awesome, they just didn't spend much time on the guitar

And really, dont play Aerosmith.. Tilting your guitar for Star Power doesn't work most of the time..Sometimes you hit a note but the guitar just doesn't get it which makes it nearly impossible to get 100% and the game has lag sometimes which makes you miss notes.

I don't really like Chad Smith, doh :P
To be honest I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers =P

JohnDoe

i say guitar hero 2 because well although guitar hero 3 is frickin awesome, they got lazy with everything. in GH2 red octane did covers themselves, were as GH3 all they did was redo the guitar tracks

Luma

True, Guitar Hero 2 was the best in its series when it came  to putting a lot of effort in it, but i prefer the songs in Guitar Hero 3

Andrew

I'm not allowed to have an opinion here because i've only played GH3 but what i've seen of rockband isn't that good. Yeah you get the extra buttons for "frett tapping" but that doesn't make it any better than GH3.
When I see the rage is building and I know there is no stopping me from changing into what is almost pure.  I try to rationalize what this is all for.

Luma

Andrew when it comes to the guitar, Guitar Hero is better but Rock Band makes up all that because the drums are awesome and so are the note charts for them, Chosen by users Rock Band (usually) wins the fight, ofcourse, that is untill Guitar Hero 4 releases.

SONiC

my favorite is guitar hero 1
SONiC Is Stuck In Sonic 3,To Save Him,go play Sonic 3!

Sonix779

I got Guitar Hero 3 and Rockband Guitar heros better rockbands just a rip off game only thing they made themselves is the drums :(EVIL EVIL

Spex1992

Rock Band is not a ripoff simply because it is made by Harmonix, the company that originally designed and created Guitar Hero. The rights to Guitar Hero were bought by Activision, all Red Octane does is design the guitar and publish the game. Activision is responsible for the "laziness" shown in Guitar Hero 3 as well as the soundtrack choices and gameplay differences. In Harmonix case, they are simply continuing with what they started, but since the rights to Guitar Hero were bought out, they had to change some things.

Dracoslythe

I'd have to say that my favorite was either Guitar Hero 2 or 3.  I've not played much of any of the other ones, but I have played enough to see if I liked them or not.

Indiman

No offense guys but wtf how is GH better than RB just cuz of the song list? wow RB has a mic and drums and guitar while guitar hero has well... guitar.  >:(