Super Mario Bros 4 (Wii U)

Started by Gilly, April 20, 2012, 05:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilly

Super Mario Bros. 4 is coming for the upcoming Nintendo 'Wii U' console. You heard it from me first ;)

shadowDOESrock

Yeah, well - i thought Super Mario World was Super Mario Bros 4.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 20, 2012, 08:34:36 PM
Yeah, well - i thought Super Mario World was Super Mario Bros 4.
In Japan it was and the only proof we have of this game is a site name registered by Nintendo. The name can change at any time.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 20, 2012, 10:37:32 PM
In Japan it was and the only proof we have of this game is a site name registered by Nintendo. The name can change at any time.

Note that it was SuperMario4.com and not SuperMarioBros4.com that Nintendo registered. As we all know, Mario platformers usually come in two different flavours – the 2D platformers (the Super Mario Bros. series) and the 3D adventures (the Super Mario series). Maybe that means Super Mario 4 will be the next big 3D adventure, the proper sequel to Super Mario Galaxy? Think it through, using the tried-and-tested Pokemon generation convention – if Super Mario 64 was the first generation, Super Mario Sunshine was the second and Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were the third, then it makes sense that Super Mario 4 is the working title for the fourth generation, the first 3D Mario adventure on Wii U.

or maybe its just a Super Mario World Remake.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 21, 2012, 12:46:21 AM
Note that it was SuperMario4.com and not SuperMarioBros4.com that Nintendo registered. As we all know, Mario platformers usually come in two different flavours – the 2D platformers (the Super Mario Bros. series) and the 3D adventures (the Super Mario series). Maybe that means Super Mario 4 will be the next big 3D adventure, the proper sequel to Super Mario Galaxy? Think it through, using the tried-and-tested Pokemon generation convention – if Super Mario 64 was the first generation, Super Mario Sunshine was the second and Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were the third, then it makes sense that Super Mario 4 is the working title for the fourth generation, the first 3D Mario adventure on Wii U.

or maybe its just a Super Mario World Remake.
It does make sense but Super Mario 3D Land excluded the bros. extension too. By your logic that should be the 4th generation. =P

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 21, 2012, 12:59:08 AM
It does make sense but Super Mario 3D Land excluded the bros. extension too. By your logic that should be the 4th generation. =P

Well, that one was more like Super Mario Galaxy if you ask me.
Same Models n' all.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 21, 2012, 01:53:47 AM
Well, that one was more like Super Mario Galaxy if you ask me.
Same Models n' all.
But not same gameplay and isn't that what really matters? =P

To be honest, though, I considered 3D land to be more of a New Super Mario Bros. Wii sequel.

Post Merge: April 21, 2012, 02:07:33 PM

EVERYONE IN THIS TOPIC IS WRONG.

The game is New Super Mario Bros. 2. It is NOT for Wii U, but for 3DS.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/New+Super+Mario+Bros2/news.asp?c=40188

Some people are skeptical of the image, but the game itself is confirmed.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Are they tring to confuse the living hell outta me? i mean there already is a sequel for NSMB. why name this 2?

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 21, 2012, 09:18:04 AM
Are they tring to confuse the living hell outta me? i mean there already is a sequel for NSMB. why name this 2?
Because it would be even more confusing to name it three. Besides, this is a sequel to the DS game, not the Wii one. The Wii one might get it's own sequel.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Gilly

WELP if this is wrong, that'd be the reason I own a Sonic site and not a Mario site.

Supersonic196

John's right jkid. However it hasn't been 100% confirmed.

Nintendo has however told us that they're working on a 2D Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U based around the "Mario Experience" demo presented at E3 last year. Also they've registered the domain supermario4.com

So it could be another NSMB for WiiU, but it would make more sense to do a SMB4 considering that they're working on NSMB 2 for the 3DS at the moment.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on April 21, 2012, 01:14:50 PM
John's right jkid. However it hasn't been 100% confirmed.
I still don't get what he meant but OK.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 21, 2012, 02:01:18 AM
But not same gameplay and isn't that what really matters? =P

To be honest, though, I considered 3D land to be more of a New Super Mario Bros. Wii sequel.

Post Merge: April 21, 2012, 02:07:33 PM

EVERYONE IN THIS TOPIC IS WRONG.

The game is New Super Mario Bros. 2. It is NOT for Wii U, but for 3DS.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/New+Super+Mario+Bros2/news.asp?c=40188

Some people are skeptical of the image, but the game itself is confirmed.

you silly, let me get this straight for you:

New Super Mario Bros. Mii comes for Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes for 3DS
plus an 'unannounced' Super Mario 4 title for Wii U. 

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 21, 2012, 11:03:17 PM
you silly, let me get this straight for you:

New Super Mario Bros. Mii comes for Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes for 3DS
plus an 'unannounced' Super Mario 4 title for Wii U. 
And you know this how?

Also that first one was a demo.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.