Ruby/Sapphire Remakes?

Started by Dracoslythe, April 29, 2012, 10:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I'd rather the first "canon" PKMN game on the 3DS not be a remake...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SuperSonic23

It'll happen. I mean, come on! Look at FireRed and Leafgreen (Red and Green remakes) for GBA and HeartGold and SoulSilver (Gold and Silver remakes) for NDS. It's bound to happen. But, not for 3DS. Most likely for NDS.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

TheGameNinja

No, Black 2 and White 2 will almost certainly be the last Pokemon games on the DS.

SuperSonic23

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 29, 2012, 02:22:23 PM
No, Black 2 and White 2 will almost certainly be the last Pokemon games on the DS.

At least quote my post. But, okay, if you say so.
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Tanassy

>Remake
Do not want

>New game set in the same region
Yes.

Do it right, Dev. Do it right.

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 29, 2012, 02:53:36 PM
>Remake
Do not want

>New game set in the same region
Yes.

Do it right, Dev. Do it right.
No.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on April 29, 2012, 02:58:28 PM
No.
I'm up for a remake, and then an original game.
We just got B&W, and B&W 2 is coming soon.

Elija2

Worst Pokemon generation ever.

That is all.

Tanassy

Why a remake though? It's the same fucking game... remade. Why not just have a game set in the same region? A sequel? Something like that?

Remakes are boring, especially remakes of RPGs. You might as well just play the original.. Give me one good reason why a remake is better than a new game.

Don't give me connectivity bullshit.. it'd work EXACTLY the same in a sequel

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 29, 2012, 06:39:02 PM
Why a remake though? It's the same fucking game... remade. Why not just have a game set in the same region? A sequel? Something like that?

Remakes are boring, especially remakes of RPGs. You might as well just play the original.. Give me one good reason why a remake is better than a new game.

Don't give me connectivity bullshit.. it'd work EXACTLY the same in a sequel
1. It's like a patch for a game we loved a long time ago. Updated graphics. Updated Pokedex. Seeing the region from a different perspective. Simply seeing how the game would look if it came out today is always awesome.

2. A sequel would demand a lot more and fans would beg for sequels to other regions too. In the end it's a lot easier on the plot to do a remake because we don't have to worry about characters being left out or bullshit sub plots to pull them in.

3. Wern't you the one telling me that every story should end with one game because the entire story should have already been told? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm really asking because I know the makers of Bit Trip said that and someone here decided that it was the absolute truth and yelled at me because I already have series planned with 3+ games involved.

4. It gives newer players the chance to experience the older games in a way they'll more easily recognize.

5. There's a better chance for older features to return. I, for one, am really excited about R/S's Secret Base feature to make a comeback and I hope record swap returns with wifi. I'm not saying they couldn't bring that back in a sequel, it's just more likely now because they don't have a really obvious reason to omit it.

6. Like I stated before. Why R/S and not a sequel to R/B or S/G? I know Gamefreak has been breaking tradition lately but they can expect an uproar if they fuck this one up.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

1. A patch doesn't call for a full-price purchase.

2. Remakes are lazy, and fans who "demand" are fags.

3. No, I said that a story should be "Complete" within one game, with a satisfying and legitimate ending- whether it's expandable or not.

4. It also makes the older players play through a story they already know about, which means that half the fanbase who actually play the games for a unique experience rather than just the mechanics and collection aspect of the game, will not be impressed, myself included. Too much work for barely any true appreciation.

5. Set it in the same region- whether it's a sequel or just spiritual- and you have the chance of bringing back old features, AND improving them/ making new ones, within the lore and progression of the game.

6. Why indeed. Well, G/S got an entirely altered experience AND a whole chunk of features added in via HG/SS.. even THAT was good enough. R/B have been remade before (Which bored the fuck out of me). And the "Demand" for a game set in this region is the highest anyway.

And I don't think the creators of the second most popular franchise of all time are worried about "Fucking up", ever. If someone has the nerve to sell two different versions of the same game, then shit, they can do anything and get away with it. Whether or not the game sucked, the fans would lap up like 5 copies each anyway.. and it's better to fail trying something new than to pour out the same boring shit twice more than the three times you've already done it.

But really.. Wouldn't you rather experience something new, while enjoying the features you loved..? Wouldn't you rather be on the edge of you seat about what's going to happen rather than pre-building your team before you've even started a match, because you already know exactly what you're up against?
Or would you really rather play something you've already played again just to see a few pretty enhancements?

jkid101094

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on April 29, 2012, 10:39:48 PM
Or would you really rather play something you've already played again just to see a few pretty enhancements?
This.

Like you said, HG/SS got enough enhancements to make it worthwhile so I have no doubt that game freak will do this one right. and yes, the patch would be worth $40 in my eyes because GBA games can't be patched. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I still say remakes are stupid.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.