Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 01, 2012, 01:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on May 02, 2012, 06:29:14 PM
DirectX 11 wants a word with you... he said you're a retard for not reading kyo's entire post.
Yeahyeahyeah, that's the PC ver., but what about the consoles?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 03, 2012, 10:22:44 AM

CoD has to run at 60fps - thats why the graphics arent as advanced as, lets say.. battlefield 3.

But there should be better lightning & reflections on consoles this time around.
they're also using a new way to texture things, similar to what the unreal engine (i think) does with overlaying textures.

so yes, there will be an overall graphical improvement - not alot, but noticeable. You'll know you'll play a new CoD - not like with MW3.
On PC on the other hand the improvements will be more noticeable this time around generally in every way.

sonicman0

people are bitching that they want something new to cod. now they're bitching about this being too futuristic.

shadowDOESrock

Earlier today, Amazon UK told MCV that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 pre-orders were three times higher than its predecessor, Black Ops, two years ago. Now, thats just for England. Joystiq went asking Amazon USA, if the pre-orders are also that high overseas.

Amazon US replied with;
"Pre-orders from day one of Black Ops 2 were more than ten times the amount of pre-orders for the first Black Ops on its first day of availability," Amazon US told Joystiq this afternoon.

Now, dont forget there is also all the other gaming retailers...

Black Ops 2 thus is on its way to be the most pre-ordered game in existence.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 03, 2012, 11:55:34 AM
Earlier today, Amazon UK told MCV that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 pre-orders were three times higher than its predecessor, Black Ops, two years ago. Now, thats just for England. Joystiq went asking Amazon USA, if the pre-orders are also that high overseas.

Amazon US replied with;
"Pre-orders from day one of Black Ops 2 were more than ten times the amount of pre-orders for the first Black Ops on its first day of availability," Amazon US told Joystiq this afternoon.

Now, dont forget there is also all the other gaming retailers...

Black Ops 2 thus is on its way to be the most pre-ordered game in existence.
I don't understand people, the more they hate a franchise, the more they want to support it, while actually good games like Skullgirls(I'm still cranky dammit) don't get nearly as much support...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on May 03, 2012, 10:22:44 AM

Don't expect much.. this is still Gen. 7

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on May 03, 2012, 02:34:12 PM
Don't expect much.. this is still Gen. 7
Wasn't expecting a complete overhaul, just show some evolution from MW3
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

It seems Treyarch and David S. Goyer are working on creating a memorable villain this time around.
One that can compete with David S. Goyer's Joker from 'The Dark Knight'
He wont just want to take over the world, he will have proper reason.
And you will get to know those in the mission that take place in the past.

That is pretty ambitious - a villain as good as goyer's joker.

Goyer is currently also writing the story for the Superman & Godzilla Reboots - he was also responsible for the story in the new batman movies.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 04, 2012, 08:13:28 AM
It seems Treyarch and David S. Goyer are working on creating a memorable villain this time around.
One that can compete with David S. Goyer's Joker from 'The Dark Knight'
He wont just want to take over the world, he will have proper reason.
And you will get to know those in the mission that take place in the past.

That is pretty ambitious - a villain as good as goyer's joker.

Goyer is currently also writing the story for the Superman & Godzilla Reboots - he was also responsible for the story in the new batman movies.
Just when the world was finally sick of CoD, they pull this sh*t out to get us excited again.
Props
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

People die. Well, fuck.

and the horses make sense now.

Jazz Nova

I'm liking this. It's actually shaping up to be... good.
AND NO MORE RAIL SHOOTING! Or a good degree less.

A very ambitious game, if I may say so myself. I'll actually keep an eye on this.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Tanassy

Ambitious, yes..

..But ridiculous. There's no way their choice system is going to work, and given that it does, it will be a very far cry from CoD.. whatever meaning is left in that name anyway. Betcha it'll be fun this time around though. given now they have a plausable setting for their "Over the top" style gameplay and unrealistic, superhuman mechanics.

I won't bother explaining myself.. but on a semi-related note, but I'll also leave this here, because I think it's interesting.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/rant-black-ops-2-chooses-someone-who-failed-the-call-of-duty/

And yes, I know this is a video game.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on May 05, 2012, 07:58:02 AM
Ambitious, yes..

..But ridiculous. There's no way their choice system is going to work, and given that it does, it will be a very far cry from CoD.

Explain.

Tanassy

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Iris Sapphire on May 05, 2012, 05:36:59 PM

I still dont know why the choice system should fail nor why you quoted that atrocious article rant.