What's So Great About the Xbox 360 Anyway? >=U

Started by Hakudamashi, May 06, 2012, 12:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 03:16:59 PM
And i've never even heard of a controller where the buttons are numbered. o,o
That's weird....they used to be in every game store before 2005.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 06, 2012, 03:20:37 PM

I always played with mouse & keyboard. I never bought PC (gaming) accessories... 'cause PC.
Infact, i didnt give a fuck 'bout PC Gaming till Crysis came along... 'cause PC.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on May 06, 2012, 03:20:37 PM
This, so how did the Xbox360 controller become the standard for a console that isn't the Xbox360? The PC had their own numbered controllers that worked perfectly and were just as customisable as the keyboard & mouse controls, why change it to a controller that is soooooooo restricting?

Those PC contollers also came in whatever shape you wanted so that you literally could play game how you wanted.
This is the one I have

This is tthe one that's selling now...

all my rage

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 03:16:59 PM
'Cause PC Sales - 'Cause PC Ports - 'Cause PC Multiplayer - 'Cause PC DRM - 'Cause PC Release Dates
'Cause its easier to organize everything for one platform
So like the Xbox360 is the most popular and preferred console because it's the cheapest, and easiest to work with? That would've sit well with me, if it wasn't for the fact that it's expensive on the consumers in the long run... if you want to play online that is...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 03:29:20 PM
This, so how did the Xbox360 controller become the standard for a console that isn't the Xbox360? The PC had their own numbered controllers that worked perfectly and were just as customisable as the keyboard & mouse controls, why change it to a controller that is soooooooo restricting?

Those PC contollers also came in whatever shape you wanted so that you literally could play game how you wanted.
This is the one I have

This is tthe one that's selling now...

all my rage
So like the Xbox360 is the most popular and preferred console because it's the cheapest, and easiest to work with? That would've sit well with me, if it wasn't for the fact that it's expensive on the consumers in the long run... if you want to play online that is...

The 50 bucks per year are totally worth it.
I, to this date, did not regret once going into the store for a PS3 and then coming out with the Xbox 360 instead.

And using the xbox controller makes porting easier since they simply can use the console layout
and also enforces the control-scheme to the way the game was ment to be played with a controller.

in theory, its still customizable, but no one gives a fuck anymore. Well... you do.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 03:40:14 PM
The 50 bucks per year are totally worth it.
I, to this date, did not regret once going into the store for a PS3 and then coming out with the Xbox 360 instead.
What do you get for spending $50 per yer year for Xbox Live vs. spending $50 per year for PS+?

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 03:40:14 PM
And using the xbox controller makes porting easier since they simply can use the console layout
and also enforces the control-scheme to the way the game was ment to be played with a controller.
So they demoted a feature that made PC gaming amazing on account of being lazy? f*ck modern game devs.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 03:46:25 PM
So they demoted a feature that made PC gaming amazing on account of being lazy? f*ck modern game devs.
they made PC gaming better and easier with that.

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 03:46:25 PM
What do you get for spending $50 per yer year for Xbox Live vs. spending $50 per year for PS+?

It gives me absolutely nothing different.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 03:55:14 PM
all i know is that PS+ gives you free downloadable games here and then and that it exists since 2010.
It's 2 free full PS3 games, some mini games, and a few PSOne classics, every month, among a whole bunch of other stuff.

they made PC gaming better and easier with that.
How does taking away freedom of customisation and being forced to a strict button layout(that I dislike personally) makes PC gaming "better"?

It gives me absolutely nothing different.
So you also get free Xbox games every month?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 04:02:24 PM
It's 2 free full PS3 games, some mini games, and a few PSOne classics, every month, among a whole bunch of other stuff.
How does taking away freedom of customisation and being forced to a strict button layout(that I dislike personally) makes PC gaming "better"?
So you also get free Xbox games every month?

the first thing, is a matter of opinion. i like to pick up and play. on the other hand, i've never been a fan of pc gaming. 'cause pc gaming.

---------------
ultimately, its the exact same content aside from the free games (prices can drop to as low to 240 points, though) atleast since PS+ was introduced - aside from cross-game chat, video-chat, tv, youtube, last.fm, a music marketplace (not sure if the PS3 has that, i know sony has their own service for that though) and two different movie marketplaces, twitter & werent down for a month.

Oh, and we dont have PlayStation Home & a Browser. lol.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 04:22:57 PM
the first thing, is a matter of opinion. i like to pick up and play. on the other hand, i've never been a fan of pc gaming. 'cause pc gaming.
Then why not have both options? Have the fully customisable PC gamepad AND the Xbox360 controller? The PC ver. of [Prototype] did it...

ultimately, its the exact same content aside from the free games (prices can drop to as low to 240 points, though) atleast since PS+ was introduced - aside from cross-game chat, video-chat, tv, youtube, last.fm, a music marketplace (not sure if the PS3 has that, i know sony has their own service for that though) and two different movie marketplaces, twitter & werent down for a month.
However, when the Xbox live subscription ends, you lose all online privledges till you pay $50, however once the PS+ subscription ends, you only lose all the free sh*t, that's quite a deciding factor for the console of choice... for me at least.

Oh, and we dont have PlayStation Home & a Browser. lol.
Yeah well our browser is a piece of sh*t, so don't even count that >.>
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 04:47:23 PM
Then why not have both options? Have the fully customisable PC gamepad AND the Xbox360 controller? The PC ver. of [Prototype] did it...
However, when the Xbox live subscription ends, you lose all online privledges till you pay $50, however once the PS+ subscription ends, you only lose all the free sh*t, that's quite a deciding factor for the console of choice... for me at least.
Yeah well our browser is a piece of sh*t, so don't even count that >.>

'Cause they want their game to played with their design 'cause thats how they designed it.

And unless you are poor, neither xbox live nor playstation+ should be a problem.
with xbox live you are just better connected with your friends, without having them in your living room.
playstation+ you get free things that you cant keep.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 04:57:48 PM
'Cause they want their game to played with their design 'cause thats how they designed it.
How does giving another option for your fans to enjoy your game ruin their design? Unless their design is to restrict player choice as much as possible...

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 04:57:48 PM
And unless you are poor, neither xbox live nor playstation+ should be a problem.
with xbox live you are just better connected with your friends, without having them in your living room.
playstation+ you get free things that you cant keep.
I'm not poor, but it's still a problem, because not only do I not have a credit card of my own to buy it online, but the cards themselves don't sell in my country, thus the only way for me to get one is to beg my brother around Christmas time, meaning, since the subscription lasts 12 months, worst case scenario I either have to go a whole year or one week(providing he feels generous on Christmas day)without it. With PS+ all I'm losing is things I got for free, so there's no right to complain, but with Xbox, I can never do anything online...

And what do you mean by "better connected with friends"?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 05:17:00 PM
How does giving another option for your fans to enjoy your game ruin their design? Unless their design is to restrict player choice as much as possible...
I'm not poor, but it's still a problem, because not only do I not have a credit card of my own to buy it online, but the cards themselves don't sell in my country, thus the only way for me to get one is to beg my brother around Christmas time, meaning, since the subscription lasts 12 months, worst case scenario I either have to go a whole year or one week(providing he feels generous on Christmas day)without it. With PS+ all I'm losing is things I got for free, so there's no right to complain, but with Xbox, I can never do anything online...

And what do you mean by "better connected with friends"?

now you are pulling words out my mouth that never i said. i never said it 'ruins' their design. i'm saying that they want their game to be played with the control scheme(s) they came up with it, 'cause thats the way it was ment to be played.

i could be wrong and they're just lazy - who knows. but anyways.

and with better connected with friends i mean,
one can watch TV, one can watch a movie, one can play a game, one can listen to music, two play call of duty -
yet everyone can be in one (video) chat and talk together.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
now you are pulling words out my mouth that never i said. i never said it 'ruins' their design. i'm saying that they want their game to be played with the control scheme(s) they came up with it, 'cause thats the way it was ment to be played.
So, why not have that ALONG with the ability to customise the controls how you feel like?
i could be wrong and they're just lazy - who knows.
I think it is laziness
and with better connected with friends i mean,
one can watch TV, one can watch a movie, one can play a game, one can listen to music, two play call of duty -
yet everyone can be in one (video) chat and talk together.
I don't think I have the kind of friends to make use of that feature, and besides, isn't that what smart phones are for?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 06, 2012, 05:54:00 PM
I don't think I have the kind of friends to make use of that feature, and besides, isn't that what smart phones are for?

Xbox Live costs way less than a night-long phone-call or night-long data consumption.

There is skype on pc - however, leaning back with a kinect or that small lightweight headset is just more comfortable, in my opinion at least.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 06, 2012, 05:59:26 PM
however, leaning back with a kinect or that small lightweight headset is just more comfortable, in my opinion at least.
If I recall, you could do that with the PS3, but the downside was you could'n't do anything else while it was on...I think...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay