SonicZone Orchestral

Started by xSalashawty, June 19, 2012, 01:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSalashawty

Well, I was listening to classical music when the sudden idea hit me - a medley composed by us.
We have a lot of musicians on this site, so I figured why not? We all have our talents and styles with an instrument. (including vocals)
I thought of a couple ways of doing this:
(1) If you're familiar with the MEPs that circulate youtube's amv/gmv, you'll get this. We'll all have our parts (let's say, a minute?) where we have to go and play our own original composition.
(2) A few people may team up - preferably the people who don't have an instrument, can't record their performance, and/or have a wonderful music ear - and conduct a composition for us. Now, if we want YOU to compose our music but you don't think you can do it because of lack of musical intellect, go ahead and listen to a few classical pieces and look up a tutorial. Heck, even consult some of us with Skype/MSN and ask us for tips!

The problems I can see with this are the quality and some people's schedules. If this is the case,[(3)] we can all just submit our own compositions and have a program transcribe the comps and put it together.

I'm really looking forward to this if we can do it. As of what I know, the instruments that we have are the piano/keyboard and guitar.
Thoughts?

Are you lookin' at me fruitcake? I don't need a date.
Click me.

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: xSalashawty on June 19, 2012, 01:30:58 PM
Well, I was listening to classical music when the sudden idea hit me - a medley composed by us.
We have a lot of musicians on this site, so I figured why not? We all have our talents and styles with an instrument. (including vocals)
I thought of a couple ways of doing this:
(1) If you're familiar with the MEPs that circulate youtube's amv/gmv, you'll get this. We'll all have our parts (let's say, a minute?) where we have to go and play our own original composition.
(2) A few people may team up - preferably the people who don't have an instrument, can't record their performance, and/or have a wonderful music ear - and conduct a composition for us. Now, if we want YOU to compose our music but you don't think you can do it because of lack of musical intellect, go ahead and listen to a few classical pieces and look up a tutorial. Heck, even consult some of us with Skype/MSN and ask us for tips!

The problems I can see with this are the quality and some people's schedules. If this is the case,[(3)] we can all just submit our own compositions and have a program transcribe the comps and put it together.

I'm really looking forward to this if we can do it. As of what I know, the instruments that we have are the piano/keyboard and guitar.
Thoughts?

I think this is a great idea! I have some silly songs on guitar I've messed around with, never got a hold to do anything with them. Then again, you've heard me play on skype, you can barely hear it, and I use a head set. So I don't know how I'll get around to recording, like you said, that'll be a big problem.

I know I can sing, well, I guess. I absolutely hate my voice, but I can try and do some singing xD As for any other instrument, I don't have any others.

3 Electric Guitars (two in standard tuning, one in a D type tuning)

2 acoustics (one in a D type tuning and one in standard)

1 Fender resonator (used for a lot of blues songs, it's just a guitar that resonates)

Voice/singing (Fuck the whole modern type of singing, I do choral and just a regular singing voice, I don't do none of that whining singing shit a lot of people do now. It's gross, singing that way.)

Just thought I should list what I have C: you know, just in case.

FlashTheHedgehog123

This sounds like a great idea. This site is full of people that have talent, so why not?
Hello!

xSalashawty

I'm glad to see you're all up for the idea! C:
Update on the available instruments: Piano/keyboard/synths, acoustic guitar (D/Standard), electric guitar (D/standard), and vocal chords.

Click me.

Super Sonic Boom

Good idea - if this does take off, just don't forget to put it in the right section under one topic.
I think it would be in the Your Music/Art category.

xSalashawty

Quote from: Chris Silvano on June 21, 2012, 07:38:28 AM
Good idea - if this does take off, just don't forget to put it in the right section under one topic.
I think it would be in the Your Music/Art category.
Oh, I forgot about that section. Sorry about that. :P

Click me.