Faggets, tell me a good anime i should watch

Started by shadowDOESrock, January 15, 2013, 12:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 20, 2013, 12:03:46 PM

Based on Trailers & and the Description @ MAL. Ehh...
It looks really cheesy and based on the description generic as well. Though, i have heard that its only the description that makes it seem "ehh."

Also, what is the deal with Sword Art Online? Why is everyone jizzing about it? Seems to me to be a bad .hack rip-off.
The descriptions don't and can't do Magi any justice, I suggest you at least watch the first 2-5 episodes.

And what I like about Sword Art Online personally is that it seems to be the only anime out right now with a romance story that:
1.One of them doesn't die
2.The story doesn't go THE END when they hook up
3.They get together rather early
4.It's cute
Also I find the animation amazing and the characters are likeable.
But that's just me.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 20, 2013, 07:50:29 PM
I only watched S1 of SAO is S2 good too?
I haven't been up to date due to moving reasons, but I haven't have any incentive to go back to it because the point where I left, it looked like the anime was becoming pretty stupid and overstaying it's welcome.
Love interest went AWOL
Incest
Random douchebag to turn everything emo
Harem

I really don't want to watch S2, it looks stupid.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

MewFan1337

I like trains.

Supersonic196

Season two of SAO is nowhere near as good as season 1. You could probably just not watch season two... you wouldn't miss much.. :T

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Supersonic196 on January 21, 2013, 10:26:24 AM
Season two of SAO is nowhere near as good as season 1. You could probably just not watch season two... you wouldn't miss much.. :T
That's what I thought.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Saw that the composer Shrio Sagisu (Bleach, Evangelion, Berserk, Casshern) is writing the OST for Magi.
I suddenly want to watch Magi.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 29, 2013, 08:32:04 AM
Saw that the composer Shrio Sagisu (Bleach, Evangelion, Berserk, Casshern) is writing the OST for Magi.
I'm suddenly want to watch Magi.

oh dear got the music is beautiful ;3;
like I've told my friends, it's a little slow for the first few episodes (but it sets the setting of the story, especially the first 4-5 episodes and you meet kind of important characters in the next few eps), but it gets really good around the balbadd arc (like...8 or so eps in?)

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 29, 2013, 05:18:14 PM
oh dear got the music is beautiful ;3;
like I've told my friends, it's a little slow for the first few episodes (but it sets the setting of the story, especially the first 4-5 episodes and you meet kind of important characters in the next few eps), but it gets really good around the balbadd arc (like...8 or so eps in?)

Weeeeell, i boosted through all the 16 Episodes. Lol.

Hmm, it seems to be good. Great Animation and Music, as well as Art.
Then we go to Story & Characters... i think every possible cliché is mashed together here.
However, similar to Bleach, those clichés have been freshend up with the unique setting and (somewhat unique) storytelling that Magi has, as well as Characters you actually care about thanks to the great writing- even when some Characters are really generic.
Though, there are some inconsitensies.

Now, on the other hand there are things were i just burst out laughing because of it silly it was.

Like Kicking Tigers in the Face.
Like Elephant-Man.
Like the King of Balbadd.
Like how that Old Tribe Woman got shot with an Arrow.
Like that thing from Return of the Jedi being addicted to Wine.

Because of that, i'm still really mixed about it. It doesnt seem like this is a Double Season Show though and more of a Fulltime-Show.
So, i'm waiting with really deciding.

That aside, Judal is one sexy bastard.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 30, 2013, 03:34:12 AM
Weeeeell, i boosted through all the 16 Episodes. Lol.

Hmm, it seems to be good. Great Animation and Music, as well as Art.
Then we go to Story & Characters... i think every possible cliché is mashed together here.
However, similar to Bleach, those clichés have been freshend up with the unique setting and (somewhat unique) storytelling that Magi has, as well as Characters you actually care about thanks to the great writing- even when some Characters are really generic.
Though, there are some inconsitensies.

Now, on the other hand there are things were i just burst out laughing because of it silly it was.

Like Kicking Tigers in the Face.
Like Elephant-Man.
Like the King of Balbadd.
Like how that Old Tribe Woman got shot with an Arrow.
Like that thing from Return of the Jedi being addicted to Wine.

Because of that, i'm still really mixed about it. It doesnt seem like this is a Double Season Show though and more of a Fulltime-Show.
So, i'm waiting with really deciding.

That aside, Judal is one sexy bastard.
Ignoring that last comment because that will skew my entire post (I'll save that one for last ok)

Yeah, there are some inconsistencies, especially between the anime and the manga, but I've rather enjoyed both c:
The kicking the tigers in the face, yeah I feel that was slightly overdone, but hey, Morgiana IS a Fanalis.
The elephant man is kinda...silly.  I think he's a supposed to be a dungeon monster (the Kou empire has dungeon monsters in their army)
Abhmad is dumb.  He's just a big dumb.  The design could be a little better but whatever.
At least Alibaba got the good genes of the family.
I cried about granny.  I watched that episode AGAIN last night w/ Carter dsalkfjsdlk
The desert monster?  Ahhhh, it was kinda funny but hey.  It's a desert monster c:

The show, if I recall, is going to have 24-ish episodes?  Something around that, I think, but if they follow the trend of about 4 chapters of the manga an episode, that's only half of what's released NOW.  We're on like 198 in the manga.  They would have to cut out a lot, which actually can be done, if you cut out the BS chapters of the Sindria arc.

NOW for the last comment:
Judal is an asshole, but he's a sexy asshole and im really really mad he doesn't have more screen time at the moment.  He gets a little more later on, but still fadskljflsdkjfklsd

Hakudamashi

Judal fcing sucks, he gets his ass kicked everytime he shows up.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

Quote from: windlessusher on January 30, 2013, 12:57:00 PM
Judal fcing sucks, he gets his ass kicked everytime he shows up.
arrogance, really.  if he'd put that aside, he'd be more dangerous.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 30, 2013, 03:24:05 PM
arrogance, really.  if he'd put that aside, he'd be more dangerous.
But until he does, he's just a joke to me...
"Hey look, I'm a badass threatening villain", *gets roflstomped*
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

Quote from: windlessusher on January 30, 2013, 04:00:57 PM
But until he does, he's just a joke to me...
"Hey look, I'm a badass threatening villain", *gets roflstomped*
basically.  he's hilariously bad, but i just love him.  i love his personality over everything though like
idk
there's just something about it that makes me smile like an idiot