The Closest Thing to a Mega Man Game; Cloudbuilt

Started by shadowDOESrock, May 01, 2013, 09:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Isn't that like, the point of all Sonic Team games? And you're a fan of two of 'em.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on March 26, 2014, 10:07:29 AM
Isn't that like, the point of all Sonic Team games? And you're a fan of two of 'em.

Only two?

This game looks to have much less content than most 3D Sonic games. Only around 20 levels with no optional missions or objectives. And I don't play Sonic games to beat my best times, I play them because they're (sometimes) just fun to play. This game looks to be fun too, but the lack of content makes me hesitant to take the plunge.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Looks really fun, Kinda like how I immagined the classic megaman games to play in 3D. but for some reason I don't like games that have you breeze through the levels.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Ioshyriku on March 27, 2014, 07:11:46 AM
but for some reason I don't like games that have you breeze through the levels.

You dont have to breeze through the levels.
Well, as much as in a Sonic Game. It uses a similar ranking system.

Point is, you can just play it to overcome the challenging levels and to unveil the story behind the main character.
Admittely, the Story here is done differently than in most games and is something some might hate.

Quote from: Ioshyriku on March 27, 2014, 07:11:46 AM
Looks really fun, Kinda like how I immagined the classic megaman games to play in 3D.

I know, right?

Quote from: Elija2 on March 26, 2014, 10:27:55 AM
This game looks to have much less content than most 3D Sonic games. Only around 20 levels with no optional missions or objectives. And I don't play Sonic games to beat my best times, I play them because they're (sometimes) just fun to play. This game looks to be fun too, but the lack of content makes me hesitant to take the plunge.

Needs Team Deathmatch and Horde Mode to be worth it.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 27, 2014, 07:56:51 AM
Needs Team Deathmatch and Horde Mode to be worth it.

Yeah, just like the Sonic games have.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on March 27, 2014, 08:07:36 AM
Yeah, just like the Sonic games have.

They actually have.

I, for one, don't need Multiplayer to enjoy a game. I value a game by the fun.

Hakudamashi

All them bottomless pits scare me tho.

"If Mirrors Edge and Sonic decided that they wanted to have a baby but then megaman x was upset cause he always wanted to have a baby with mirrors edge so he inserted nano machines to make the baby a bit more like him this game is what you would end up with!"

Well then.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 27, 2014, 08:29:28 AM
They actually have.

I, for one, don't need Multiplayer to enjoy a game. I value a game by the fun.

What Sonic game has Team Deathmatch or Horde Mode?

I'm not even talking about multiplayer, I'm talking about stuff like extra missions, collectibles, or even the Chao Garden. All that stuff adds replay value but Cloudbuilt has none of that (not that I was expecting a Chao Garden).

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on March 27, 2014, 08:42:55 AM
What Sonic game has Team Deathmatch or Horde Mode?

I'm not even talking about multiplayer, I'm talking about stuff like extra missions, collectibles, or even the Chao Garden. All that stuff adds replay value but Cloudbuilt has none of that (not that I was expecting a Chao Garden).

Well, each stage has an item you can find and try to reach.
And there's multiple modes for each level like one-hit death, collect all orbs, unlimited boost mode

Also its really cheap

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on March 27, 2014, 08:56:30 AM
Well, each stage has an item you can find and try to reach.
And there's multiple modes for each level like one-hit death, collect all orbs, unlimited boost mode

Also its really cheap

I guess that's pretty good.

And 20 bucks is cheap? I guess Humble Bundles have spoiled me because I'm so used to getting indie games for a couple dollars. I still might get the game eventually once it's cheaper, but I'll probably forget about it once Hover comes out.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on March 27, 2014, 09:05:42 AM
I guess that's pretty good.

And 20 bucks is cheap? I guess Humble Bundles have spoiled me because I'm so used to getting indie games for a couple dollars. I still might get the game eventually once it's cheaper, but I'll probably forget about it once Hover comes out.
I betcha you won't.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on March 27, 2014, 09:17:13 AM
I bought Guacamelee! in a Humble Bundle.
I meant you won't forget it...
Cause it'll probably be talked about alot, and you won't escape it.
Cause this "Megaman Drought" is still a thing.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay