Cliffy B. is a Cunt and Reggie is a GOD

Started by Hakudamashi, June 17, 2013, 03:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

And I repeat, I blame the corporations for steering this "vast majority" of people into thinking this way, to prefer quantity over quality, graphics over gameplay, and to believing that sales within the first week are the end-all be-all difinitive answer to whether something is good or not.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 08:35:15 AM
And I repeat, I blame the corporations for steering this "vast majority" of people into thinking this way, to prefer quantity over quality, graphics over gameplay, and to believing that sales within the first week are the end-all be-all difinitive answer to whether something is good or not.

Very few people actually think this way. Have you ever met someone who said "I'd prefer a bunch of shitty games over a few good ones" or "Despite hating the gameplay of this game, I enjoy it because it has good graphics"? I doubt it. The fact is that both the PS4 and XBONE will have a higher quantity of quality games than the Wii U ever will, and many of those games will have both great graphics and great gameplay. It's not wise to think that what will happen next generation will be any different than what happened this past generation, except this time the Wii U won't be the most successful system.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2013, 10:09:42 AM
The fact is that both the PS4 and XBONE will have a higher quantity of quality games than the Wii U ever wil
I sincerely doubt this.

When I look back at the systems I got, I look at how many of their games I actually go back to every now and then that isn't a fighting game, games that were great when I played it on purchase, and are still great years after. For my PSONE, PS2, PSP, PC, there's only a handful that I don't play once or twice then never again, but on my N64, Wii, NDS, and the few games I have on my 3DS, I replay all of them, except the ones I got as gifts cause I didn't want 'em in the first place.

I'm talking about the type of quality in a game that makes it timeless and replaying no matter when it's played or many times it's played, especially games that don't become "obsolete" once the new version comes out.

Unless we're talking about different kinds of "quality" here...

Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2013, 10:09:42 AM
Very few people actually think this way. Have you ever met someone who said "I'd prefer a bunch of shitty games over a few good ones" or "Despite hating the gameplay of this game, I enjoy it because it has good graphics"? I doubt it.
No, I've never met anyone, or read a post of anyone who has said those words specifically, however, the context I recieve from most people when it comes to being anti-Nintendo is that they prefer consoles that has multiple continuous supply of games coming to it, some may be good, some may be bad, but from the context that I have gathered from what I read is that people tend to be more "comfortable" knowing that many much games will be sitting there waiting for them if they choose to end up getting said console.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 10:25:28 AM
I sincerely doubt this.

When I look back at the systems I got, I look at how many of their games I actually go back to every now and then that isn't a fighting game, games that were great when I played it on purchase, and are still great years after. For my PSONE, PS2, PSP, PC, there's only a handful that I don't play once or twice then never again, but on my N64, Wii, NDS, and the few games I have on my 3DS, I replay all of them, except the ones I got as gifts cause I didn't want 'em in the first place.

I'm talking about the type of quality in a game that makes it timeless and replaying no matter when it's played or many times it's played, especially games that don't become "obsolete" once the new version comes out.

Unless we're talking about different kinds of "quality" here...

Quality is subjective. You may not find GTA or Bioshock or whatever to be timeless, but others do. And either way, people aren't going to avoid a game just because it will be horribly outdated in 10 years or because they'll only play through it once. I'm not going to play 999 ever again, but I'm still glad I was able to experience it the one time.

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 10:25:28 AM
No, I've never met anyone, or read a post of anyone who has said those words specifically, however, the context I recieve from most people when it comes to being anti-Nintendo is that they prefer consoles that has multiple continuous supply of games coming to it, some may be good, some may be bad, but from the context that I have gathered from what I read is that people tend to be more "comfortable" knowing that many much games will be sitting there waiting for them if they choose to end up getting said console.

That's absurd. Nobody is gonna choose one console over another because "it has a few more bad games going for it." It doesn't matter how many bad games a console has, it only matters how many good games it has. That's what people care about. The XBONE and PS4 will have more good games than the Wii U ever will because they have the third-party support of a bunch of talented developers.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2013, 12:02:09 PM
That's absurd. Nobody is gonna choose one console over another because "it has a few more bad games going for it." It doesn't matter how many bad games a console has, it only matters how many good games it has. That's what people care about. The XBONE and PS4 will have more good games than the Wii U ever will because they have the third-party support of a bunch of talented developers.

There's a bit of a difference there. A large majority of the best games on either the Xbone or PS4 will be available, and nearly identical, on both of those consoles. The Wii U will have more good games that are exclusive/different enough to argue for them over versions on other consoles. You can get an Xbone, PS4, or gaming PC and your experience will be largely the same when it comes to major releases. Then again, that can be both a positive or negative for the Wii U depending on the circumstance in question.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 18, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Words I agree with.
Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2013, 12:02:09 PM
That's what people care about. The XBONE and PS4 will have more good games than the Wii U ever will because they have the third-party support of a bunch of talented developers.
Are you implying that indie developers and Nintendo's own developers aren't talented?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 18, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
There's a bit of a difference there. A large majority of the best games on either the Xbone or PS4 will be available, and nearly identical, on both of those consoles. The Wii U will have more good games that are exclusive/different enough to argue for them over versions on other consoles. You can get an Xbone, PS4, or gaming PC and your experience will be largely the same when it comes to major releases. Then again, that can be both a positive or negative for the Wii U depending on the circumstance in question.

Many people cannot afford more than one console, so they wouldn't settle on a Wii U.

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 02:55:11 PM
Are you implying that indie developers and Nintendo's own developers aren't talented?

No, but they're not enough. Especially when most indie games are also available on other platforms.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 18, 2013, 03:16:40 PM
Many people cannot afford more than one console, so they wouldn't settle on a Wii U.

No, but they're not enough. Especially when most indie games are also available on other platforms.
Ugh, I just don't get it...
Is it that Nintendo doesn't make enough? They don't make them fast enough?

I honestly just don't get how Nintendo can be the loser with the many diverse exclusive IPs they have...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 18, 2013, 03:29:26 PM
Ugh, I just don't get it...
Is it that Nintendo doesn't make enough? They don't make them fast enough?

I honestly just don't get how Nintendo can be the loser with the many diverse exclusive IPs they have...

Third-Party Games.
The Lack of Third-Party Games.
Nintendo's first-party line up is just fine.

If all the 360/PS3 Games of this year were coming out on Wii U, the console would be doing fairly better- but Nintendo fails to talk and strike deals with Publishers.

Hakudamashi

You mean the same publishers who stop at nothing to impose these ugly DRM restrictions that Nintendo wants nothing to do with?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 02:52:49 AM
You mean the same publishers who stop at nothing to impose these ugly DRM restrictions that Nintendo wants nothing to do with?

So, this little system called the PlayStation 4...

Hakudamashi

So what you're saying that the difference between Nintendo and Sony is that Sony goes out of their way to persuade Third-party developers to support their console, while Nintendo has a bunch of neat ideas and hope the Third-party developers come to them?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 04:51:35 AM
So what you're saying that the difference between Nintendo and Sony is that Sony goes out of their way to persuade Third-party developers to support their console, while Nintendo has a bunch of neat ideas and hope the Third-party developers come to them?

eyup

Hakudamashi

And Microsoft just buys them out and hope they stay.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 19, 2013, 05:07:23 AM
And Microsoft just buys them out and hope they stay.

Microsoft actually isnt doing anything majorly different
Aside from, you know, restrictions for everyone.