Cliffy B. is a Cunt and Reggie is a GOD

Started by Hakudamashi, June 17, 2013, 03:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Wait, what about the third party exclusives that the Wii had?
Sure it's hardware was significantly less powerful, so rather than getting ports, didn't the Wii just games new games all together? Like Sonic Unleashed and Spider Man 3, and they weren't better or worse, just different.

And when third parties didn't port games to the Wii, they just made a Wii exclusive game, like Sin and Punishment, Disney Epic Mickey, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, etc.

Where'd the third party support go?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 21, 2013, 09:36:48 AM
Sure it's hardware was significantly less powerful, so rather than getting ports, didn't the Wii just games new games all together? Like Sonic Unleashed and Spider Man 3, and they weren't better or worse, just different.

And when third parties didn't port games to the Wii, they just made a Wii exclusive game, like Sin and Punishment, Disney Epic Mickey, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, etc.

The Wii was the best-selling console of that generation so of course it got third-party support, but unlike the other consoles the majority of it was bad to mediocre. Very few developers actually tried to make worthwhile games for the Wii, and instead they developed their best games for the PS360. Many ignored the Wii altogether.

The Wii U is not successful, so at the moment it is getting very little third-party support and when the next-generation consoles are out it will likely continue to get little third-party support.

And I would consider Sonic Unleashed, Spider Man 3, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, and every other half-assed port to be inferior to their PS360 counterparts.

Also Sin & Punishment isn't third party.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on June 21, 2013, 09:36:48 AM

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on June 21, 2013, 10:00:38 AM
The Wii was the best-selling console of that generation so of course it got third-party support, but unlike the other consoles the majority of it was bad to mediocre. Very few developers actually tried to make worthwhile games for the Wii, and instead they developed their best games for the PS360. Many ignored the Wii altogether.
But isn't that just developer laziness?

The Wii U is not successful, so at the moment it is getting very little third-party support and when the next-generation consoles are out it will likely continue to get little third-party support.
Well, that's more cause of Nintendo's poor marketing right?

And I would consider Sonic Unleashed, Spider Man 3, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, and every other half-assed port to be inferior to their PS360 counterparts.
I'll agree with those other ones, but not Sonic Unleashed, I'll debate you on that. And even if they were "inferior", they were still good games in their own right.

Also Sin & Punishment isn't third party.
You're right. For some reason I was thinking it was published by SEGA... Or is it Conduit I'm thinking of...

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 21, 2013, 10:09:02 AM

Ha, PSOne outsold the Wii

But wouldn't that be due more to Nintendo's bad marketing?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Sega & Ubi always stuck with Ninty.
Conduit was Sega.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Actually it doesnt.
Right after the DC died, they basically stuck wth Nintendo.
Minus the Xbox game deal.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 21, 2013, 10:40:07 AM
Actually it doesnt.
Right after the DC died, they basically stuck wth Nintendo.
Minus the Xbox game deal.
Is that why Sonic Generations wasn't on Wii?
Still pretty f*cked up.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on June 21, 2013, 10:17:05 AM
But isn't that just developer laziness?

Kinda. I do believe that if developers actually put effort into their Wii games and marketed them well, they would have had some success.

Well, that's more cause of Nintendo's poor marketing right?

Maybe. I think Nintendo got lucky with the Wii, but since the Wii U is both weaker than its competitors and unappealing to the casual market, it's gonna bomb.

I'll agree with those other ones, but not Sonic Unleashed, I'll debate you on that. And even if they were "inferior", they were still good games in their own right.

Yeah, Sonic Unleashed Wii did have effort put into it, but it was still inferior to the PS360 versions. On a weaker console though, what do you expect?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

The Xbox was at some point (allegedly) going to play Dreamcast games. The only reason it (allegedly) didn't happen was because Xbox wouldn't agree to letting the Dreamcast games use the Xbox's internet features.

Hakudamashi

Wasn't there one point in time where it was said that the Xbox was the spiritually successor to the Dreamcast?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

i remember reading in GameInformer that Dreamcast makers came to microsoft proposing a game console for the original xbox.