I'm Pissy Again.

Started by Hakudamashi, July 17, 2013, 09:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

okay, first of all

The sales expectation set for Darkstalkers Ressurection was probably the bar to check if its worth to make a new Darkstalkers.

Obviously it wasnt worth to make new full-fledged Darkstalkers.

And finally Capcom never used to word "failure" - they said "did not perform as well as we would have liked to perform".
That is dissapointment not a failure.

And finally financial failure =/= failure
Games like Mirrors Edge that bombed at the start have proven that If your game is good enough and gains popularity it gets another chance.

Hakudamashi

Hmph
If you can be on the top of the charts and still not be up to the standard, then I think something's wrong.

But I guess I'm the minority.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Something that a lot of people buy isn't automatically a good game.

I thought we all learned that when Sonic 06 sold over 2,000,000 copies.

Hakudamashi

Butitwasagoodgame*grumble*
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Hakudamashi

Ok, that's your opinion.
What's this I'm hearing about Metro Last Light was made using 10% of the cost of regular overbudgeted AAA games?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 29, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
Ok, that's your opinion.
What's this I'm hearing about Metro Last Light was made using 10% of the cost of regular overbudgeted AAA games?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558062

AAA games arent overbudgeted. There are just the higher standards.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 29, 2013, 07:31:06 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558062

AAA games arent overbudgeted. There are just the higher standards.
Well, where does all that extra money go?
Cause from what I've played, it feels just as good, if not better than any other AAA 3rd party game I've played.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 29, 2013, 08:11:34 AM
Well, where does all that extra money go?

That is kinda self-explanatory.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 29, 2013, 08:36:52 AM
That is kinda self-explanatory.
Then I guess it's not going into anything I care about.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Look, if a game doesnt sell well its to 85% the publishers or developers fault.

If you release your brand-new IP Binary Domain the same day as the Blockbuster Mass Effect 3 and expect it to sell...
Its your own damn fault.

If you release your brand-new IP Mirrors Edge the same month as the Blockbusters Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Call of Duty World at War and Far Cry 2 and expect it to sell...
Its your own damn fault.

Hakudamashi

If you release a half assed bare bones port of a 2 year old game on a new console and expect it to sell, then someone needs to get fired.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 29, 2013, 04:24:58 PM
If you release a half assed bare bones port of a 2 year old game on a new console and expect it to sell, then someone needs to get fired.

If you expect to get quality third-party games on a system that no one bought...

Tanassy

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 29, 2013, 06:16:06 AM
Ok, that's your opinion.

The staff of that game had poor conditions and practically chose to slave over that game.

AAA games aren't overbudgeted.. all that budget goes towards the massive teams that make those kinds of game, and the amount of content they create. Creating all those cool set-pieces, creating large areas,  hundreds of thousands of different sound effects, voice acting, artists, programmers. It's all about the scale of a game- and while Metro Last Light was a great looking AAA quality game with a great engine, and some really good assets, it was also a fairly narrow, linear game, with a lot of attention to detail but in very tightly packed areas. It also lacked decent voice actors to be fair..

It's easy to put all those variables together and understand why it was so inexpensive. A project driven by passion in a company that suffered far too many difficulties, especially financially. It's a miracle that game even came out.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 29, 2013, 08:48:21 PM
If you expect to get quality third-party games on a system that no one bought...
Halo?
Besides, I wasn't expecting any 3rd party support, especially any good ones, cause that sh*t doesn't come at launch, ever, the best you can hope for is a quality 2nd Party Game.
But how did they expect Mass Effect 3 to sell on the Wii U? I fail to see the logic.
Quote from: Iris Sapphire on July 30, 2013, 01:14:08 AM
The staff of that game had poor conditions and practically chose to slave over that game.

AAA games aren't overbudgeted.. all that budget goes towards the massive teams that make those kinds of game, and the amount of content they create. Creating all those cool set-pieces, creating large areas,  hundreds of thousands of different sound effects, voice acting, artists, programmers. It's all about the scale of a game- and while Metro Last Light was a great looking AAA quality game with a great engine, and some really good assets, it was also a fairly narrow, linear game, with a lot of attention to detail but in very tightly packed areas. It also lacked decent voice actors to be fair..

It's easy to put all those variables together and understand why it was so inexpensive. A project driven by passion in a company that suffered far too many difficulties, especially financially. It's a miracle that game even came out.
Soo, they're putting alot of money into things I don't take notice of... fantastic.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay