Shantae:Risky's Revenge

Started by Hakudamashi, December 13, 2013, 06:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 14, 2013, 05:31:28 AM
Well know I'm glad I never played that game for the sake of it letting down my expectations.
Play it anyway.
Besides, I said I haven't beaten it yet, maybe I'll end up liking Guacamelee more as a whole.

I think my only complaint is the length. There are literally only five bosses and then the game ends.
Metroid isn't much better in that regard.

Really wish Half Genie-Hero would have gotten more support.
Maybe if it didn't kickstart at the same time as Mighty No. 9...

So I finished the game, and I was right, my first impressions were great, but overall I still think Guacamelee is the best thing ever, but more on that some other time, cause I'm confused on something.

Spoiler
At the end of the game, Shantae gets her magic stolen and is now a full human. In the next game, Pirate's Curse, she's going to adjust to being a human. So how come she has her magic in Half Genie Hero? Is it an origin story or a sequel? And if it is a sequel, isn't it spoiling that she gets her magic back, especially since Pirate's Curse isn't out yet?
[close]
[/color]
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on December 15, 2013, 07:17:57 PM
Spoiler
At the end of the game, Shantae gets her magic stolen and is now a full human. In the next game, Pirate's Curse, she's going to adjust to being a human. So how come she has her magic in Half Genie Hero? Is it an origin story or a sequel? And if it is a sequel, isn't it spoiling that she gets her magic back, especially since Pirate's Curse isn't out yet?
[close]
Wind, if you want to do spoilers you have to use;
[color=transparent]Spoiler Here[/color]

I just use spoiler tags to mark the spoiler for other people. Otherwise you wouldn't know it's there.

Also I would have found it harder to believe she didn't get her magic back at the end of Pirate's Curse.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 15, 2013, 08:04:20 PM
Also I would have found it harder to believe she didn't get her magic back at the end of Pirate's Curse.
Regardless, Half Genie Hero leaves me with questions. The story synopsis on their kickstarter page suggests it's an origin story, but those extra stories from the stretch goals suggest otherwise...

Or maybe they shoulda started this kickstarter AFTER Pirate's Curse release...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay