Sonic Zone Game Night 2014

Started by Elija2, June 05, 2014, 03:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

So I'm trying to set up a date and time when we can all play some multiplayer games together as a loving community. Currently I'm just trying to form a list of online multiplayer games that people own, so if you're interested then tell us what games you have and what platform you own them on.

Suggested Games
Mario Kart Wii CTGP (Wii) - Elija2, jkid, Hakudamashi
Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - Elija2, jkid, SmashFinale, Bom
Sonic Racing Transformed (PC) - Elija2, Hakudamashi, Kyo, NiGHTS, Tana
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3) - Hakudamashi, Kyo, NiGHTS
Hawken (PC) - Hakudamashi, Kyo, Elija2
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) - Elija2, Kyo
Binary Domain (PC) - Elija2, Kyo
Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) - Elija2, Kyo, Hakudamashi, Tana
Red Orchestra 2 (PC) - Elija2, Kyo
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) - Elija2, Hakudamashi, SmashFinale, Bom
Team Fortress 2 (PC) - Elija2, Ioshyriku
Tekken Revolution (PS3) - Hakudamashi, NiGHTS
Steel Diver: Sub Wars (3DS) - Elija2
Persona 4: Arena (PS3) - Kona-Chan, Hakudamashi
Code of Princess (3DS) - SmashFinale, Hakudamashi
Pokemon XY (3DS) - NiGHTS, Elija2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3) - NiGHTS
Skullgirls (PS3) - NiGHTS
Skullgirls (PC) - NiGHTS
Guilty Gear Isuka (PC) - NiGHTS
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3) - NiGHTS
League of Legends (PC) - NiGHTS
Pokemon TGC (PC) - Hakudamashi
Saints Row: The Third (PC) - Elija2, Kyo
Burnout Paradise (PC) - Elija2, Tana
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3/Vita) - Bom
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3/Vita) - Bom

If anyone has any more suggestions (preferably not another karting game) then let me know. We'll hopefully be playing multiple games in one night so even if you don't own every game on the list you should still be able to play something with us.

I know not many people still post on the forums, but if we get some of the chatbox regulars to join in then we would still have a decent number of people playing. I'd rather it not just be two people playing against each other because that's hardly a community game night.

Hakudamashi

Well, there's always those F2P games like DoA5 Ultimate on PS3, or Hawken on PC.

And I also has CTGP.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

I got Transformed on PC, DoA5U on PS3 and Hawken on PeeCee.
So, there's that.

Elija2

I added those games to the OP. I've never played Hawken before but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Would any of you guys be willing to play Team Fortress 2? That's another F2P game.

And okay, I know this is a weird suggestion, but what about Steel Diver: Sub Wars for 3DS? It's technically a F2P game (although they recently added a restriction to free players that forces them to pay 2 Play Coins for every online match) so everyone with a 3DS could play it. Just throwing it out there.

But I don't want to restrict this to F2P games so I guess I'll make a list of every other multiplayer game I have in the off-chance that someone else has one of them:

3DS Games
Luigi's Mansion 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations

PC Games
Binary Domain
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Left 4 Dead 2
Monaco
Red Orchestra 2
Renegade Ops

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on June 06, 2014, 07:05:20 AM
I added those games to the OP. I've never played Hawken before but I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Would any of you guys be willing to play Team Fortress 2? That's another F2P game.

And okay, I know this is a weird suggestion, but what about Steel Diver: Sub Wars for 3DS? It's technically a F2P game (although they recently added a restriction to free players that forces them to pay 2 Play Coins for every online match) so everyone with a 3DS could play it. Just throwing it out there.

But I don't want to restrict this to F2P games so I guess I'll make a list of every other multiplayer game I have in the off-chance that someone else has one of them:

3DS Games
Luigi's Mansion 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations

PC Games
Binary Domain
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Left 4 Dead 2
Monaco
Red Orchestra 2
Renegade Ops

I got Resi Revelations, Binary Domain, L4D2 and Red Orchestra 2.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 06, 2014, 07:20:31 AM
I got Resi Revelations, Binary Domain, L4D2 and Red Orchestra 2.

You got Revelations on 3DS and the rest on PC? Alright, I'll add them to the list.

Hakudamashi

I has Kid Icarus Uprising(which sad sack of shit doesn't?) and Left 4 Dead 2

I'll be willing to try Steel Diver if everyone's willing to put up with Tekken Revolution.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I updated the list with more games.

Only four people have expressed interest in this so far which is kind of disappointing. It would be nice if we had Jonathan's support to make this something bigger.

Anyway, maybe now we should start trying to settle on a date(s). Is next weekend a good time for everyone? Maybe we could make this a weekly thing?

I'm still open to game suggestions though.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on June 07, 2014, 02:34:51 PM
Only four people have expressed interest in this so far which is kind of disappointing. It would be nice if we had Jonathan's support to make this something bigger.

We're literally the only ones still using the forum, with the occasional Ninja.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on June 07, 2014, 03:10:01 PM
We're literally the only ones still using the forum, with the occasional Ninja.

I see a bunch of people still use the chatbox though. I guess they just never check the actual forums.

Hakudamashi

I'd prefer if this was weekly thing, it'd help me forget about life.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on June 07, 2014, 04:48:25 PM
I'd prefer if this was weekly thing, it'd help me forget about life.

Making it weekly is totally possible, but we'd probably only be able to play the most popular games like Sonic Racing Transformed. I'd rather it not just be one game though. Maybe one week we can play one game and then the next week a different game. It's just that right now we have so few people interested that it kind of defeats the point of setting anything up.

dreamcasthime

I dunno if anybody has it, but I have Persona 4:Arena on PS3

SmashFinale

Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Code of Princess (me and haku pretty much)

Elija2

Added those games to the list.

Again, what days would you guys be able to play? I'm thinking that Friday or Saturday would be the best day for everyone.