Dragonball: Xenoverse

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 10, 2014, 02:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: KotakuAsked about the relation between Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Dragon Ball Online the producer, Masayuki Hirano, rather than giving a stonewall template response or a shady denial, offered a surprisingly honest answer.

"Dragon Ball Online is a completely separate game. Online is an MMORPG, and for [Dragon Ball Xenoverse] we have made an action game. But that's a very good question. There are some areas where we are using elements [from Dragon Ball Online] in terms of things like characters and world setting."

According to Kotaku's Toshi Nakamura the game [at least the demo] is fun too... unlike most of the last-gen dragonaball games.

Hakudamashi

The only last gen Dragonball game I own is Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 20, 2014, 02:30:26 AM
The only last gen Dragonball game I own is Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

That's a PS2 Game that was ported onto Wii - technically not a last-gen game.

last-gen DB Games are

Burst Limit
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
Raging Blast
Raging Blast 2
Ultimate Tenkaichi
for Kinect
Battle of Z

Basically, they get progressivly worse.

Also

Quote from: Press ReleaseDragon Ball Xenoverse - Exclusive characters to join the cast!

After revealing a much appreciated Avatar feature, Bandai Namco Games continues to pave its road towards freshness with the announcement of 4 new characters to join Dragon Ball Xenoverse universe along with new features for the Avatar!

Ever heard of Mira, Towa, TokiToki and Supreme Kai of Time? All of those new characters will have a major importance in :

• Mira, the artificial creature trying to be the strongest creature in the universe, and Towa, a dark scientist coming from a demonic world, seem to be up to no good... They are currently planning to change the Dragon Ball universe as we know it. Just like the evil magician Babidi in the past, they are trying to gather as much "Kiri" as possible. For what purpose...? Only Supreme of Kai Time knows.

After discovering their plans, Trunks was looking for someone worthy enough to take on those new foes and stumbled upon YOU, the player.

• The Supreme Kai of time looks like a child but is far from being this young... Indeed, 75 000 000 years ago, this deity showed up for the first time and seems closely tied with the bird called TokiToki! Behind the disturbed and weirdly acting birdie, lies a very powerful life-form that can produce time!

As the main heroes of the game, all the players' Avatars will have to be perfectly trained to take on those huge challenges... To do so, gamers will have to carefully choose which Original character they want to have as a "Master"! All the skillset and training patterns will vary depending on which Master (Goku, Vegeta, etc.) gamers have chosen! The "Master System" goes even further than that: the Avatar's sensei can be changed and will be intervening on the battlefield during the battles!

jkid101094

Beta Character Customization. We get a least 8 slots to use so I am excited.

Post Merge: September 21, 2014, 03:17:07 AM

Over 7 hours of Xenoverse gameplay.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 20, 2014, 03:23:15 PM

Beta Character Customization. We get a least 8 slots to use so I am excited.

Yeahhh... I have the same issue with this was with UT.
Your characters are all going to look like FC, since you can only chose elements from existing characters.

They should've learned from the Soul Calibur team...

or this

jkid101094

Kyo, the game is only in beta form. They could easily add new stuff.

Post Merge: September 21, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 21, 2014, 01:08:38 AM
or this

ALL OF MY MONEY.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2014, 01:11:25 AM
Kyo, the game is only in beta form. They could easily add new stuff.

I know, but still...
I also hope the music is just placeholder... They're using their Bust Limit OST.
Game looks really awesome otherwise OwO

also this happened & they're all randoms.

jkid101094

I don't like how much like an MMO it looks but if I can spend as little time around other players as possible I think I'll be fine.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2014, 03:29:49 AM
I don't like how much like an MMO it looks but if I can spend as little time around other players as possible I think I'll be fine.

It's only the hub world that's like this. I'm sure for story mode It'll be different.

jkid101094

I was under the impression that the story mode was contained within' the Hub World...

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Crystal Candy on September 20, 2014, 03:50:36 AM
That's a PS2 Game that was ported onto Wii - technically not a last-gen game.
And that sir, is exactly the point =)
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

First interesting DBZ game in a long time.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 21, 2014, 03:40:55 AM
I was under the impression that the story mode was contained within' the Hub World...

Ah, is that so? I thought it'd be two seperate ones...

Quote from: TheGameNinja on September 21, 2014, 10:47:38 AM
First interesting DBZ game in a long time.

A very, very long time.

Well, new trailer explaining a bit more

Hakudamashi

I may have to get the PC ver., cause I don't think I can wait until I get a PS4.

And I'm curious as to how much of the history you can change, like, can I make Gotenks not be a cocky little shit and kill Buu early?

Also, I thought the DragonBall universe worked on alternate timeline logic?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 22, 2014, 04:20:53 AM
And I'm curious as to how much of the history you can change, like, can I make Gotenks not be a cocky little shit and kill Buu early?

I don't think you have a choice on the characters' actions.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 22, 2014, 04:20:53 AM
Also, I thought the DragonBall universe worked on alternate timeline logic?

It does. That's why this works.
Everything that happened in Z still happens.