Dragonball: Xenoverse

Started by shadowDOESrock, June 10, 2014, 02:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

This is developed by Dimps, so at least we know it's not going to suck.

TheGameNinja

Gameplay looks ok for a DBZ game. But why does everyone have to look so shiny :U

Hakudamashi

next gen Tenkaichi game
Get hype.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 10, 2014, 02:46:15 PM
Gameplay looks ok for a DBZ game. But why does everyone have to look so shiny :U

Dragonball's artstyle has kinda become that shiny...
After GT finally using some proper shading almost all Media afterwards used this shiny style

shadowDOESrock

Screeeeenshoooots...
Game will have its own story lineeee...
Trunks and... Mystery Fighter... come back from the future to change... thiiiiings...

QuoteAfter announcing the upcoming Dragon Ball: Xenoverse video game coming to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft at this year's E3 in Los Angeles, Bandai Namco Games is proud to reveal new details on the mysterious character that has excited Dragon Ball fans all over the world!

In Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, the mysterious fighter will be allowed to blast his way into multiple famous battles from Dragon Ball's illustrious history! Thanks this, gamers will be presented with an unpredictable 'DRAGON BALL' experience; perhaps rewriting DRAGON BALL history as we know it! However, numerous questions still remain unanswered, such as: Who is this mysterious stranger wearing the scouter? What is the story behind this new character and why is he talking to Trunks? What is the purpose behind this mysterious room?

Many more secrets will be unveiled over the coming weeks and months as we move ever closer to launching Dragon Ball: Xenoverse... The Future of Dragon Ball promises to be exciting for fans!

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

Original Story? Like...Eradicate the Saiyans?

I'm already hyped, if Mystery Fighter is a CAF then I'm even more hyped. I want my female Super Saiyan already.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Leading rumors are that it's a custom character, meaning character creation, or that it's Super Saiyan God Future Gohan from one of Trunks's timelines where he apparently didn't die.

jkid101094

It would certainly explain why the Trunks in this game looks so different, but Super Saiyan God? You play with this guy during the fight with Nappa so wouldn't that just be extremely broken? Logically he could just flick Nappa and Vegeta from that point in time and they'd fucking disintegrate.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on June 23, 2014, 10:21:13 PM
Leading rumors are that it's a custom character, meaning character creation, or that it's Super Saiyan God Future Gohan from one of Trunks's timelines where he apparently didn't die.

Well, I truly hope it's SSG Gohan and not some random new character.
Can't just throw in another Saiyan at that level...

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 23, 2014, 10:30:32 PM
It would certainly explain why the Trunks in this game looks so different, but Super Saiyan God? You play with this guy during the fight with Nappa so wouldn't that just be extremely broken? Logically he could just flick Nappa and Vegeta from that point in time and they'd fucking disintegrate.

The Dragonball series isnt very known for... logic. Though I wouldnt be surprised one of the plot points was that Goku can't die (because something happens in the future) and with a SSJ God early on they can just defeat all the major enemies easily.

Anyway, I hope Dimps incorperates some kind of overworld... The whole "Telling a proper story" whilst there are only fights and cutscenes never really worked out.

jkid101094

I wouldn't be surprised if both timelines in the game are different from the main series, actually. Then they'd be free to do some crazy shit. I wanna see Hatchiyack and Frieza do the Fusion Dance.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

It's like Dimps is taking their crazy What-If scenarios from the Budokai games and going full force with it.

get hyped.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

StaticVoltage

In all respect dbz has become a great franchise but after raging blast came out it kinda became repetitive. I hope the new game incorporates budokai 3's fighting system cause it was way better than ultimate tenkaichi's rock paper scissors system
"If i could be a fruit, i would end up eating myself"-Duck

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock