Do You Think PS3 Graphics Are Better Than Xbox360's?

Started by ShadowRulz, March 28, 2009, 10:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2009, 02:32:00 PM
Then I must be blind,cause I see no difference  :-\
They both look realistic to me
I think that I'm blind too.
In fact, this message was typed by an interpreter. XD
Seriously, though, I don't see too much difference...depends on the game really.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Florin06

Both consoles are very good i check their atributes and they are both very good!

Super Empra

Quote from: Aorokusho on April 09, 2009, 12:23:53 PM
Put them both in HD, and play their respective games that have the best graphics (PS3=Metal Gear Solid 4. 360: Gears of War or any recent FPS) and you will see the difference.

Then PS3 would win because Killzone 2 easily beats any 360 game in graphics. But its not really a fair way of comparing them.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

carocca1

a have a wii but is not the better graphic is good but not like the ps3 or xbox360
how do i put an image here ????

Kristomaster

The graphics varies very from which game producer the game is actually from, and there are certain requirements for the graphics sometimes (a good driver maybe is needed and some other times there is something else). But still, it mostly depends on the game producers.
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

shadowinhell2269

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2009, 02:32:00 PM
Then I must be blind,cause I see no difference  :-\
They both look realistic to me
Same here their is no difference

skyrus5150

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

XtheHedgehog

ok i did a little studyin

[from "How stuff Works]
The PS3 "Processing Element" of the Cell is a 3.2-GHz PowerPC core equipped with 512 KB of L2 cache. The PowerPC core is a type of microprocessor similar to the one you would find running the Apple G5. It's a powerful processor on its own and could easily run a computer by itself; but in the Cell, the PowerPC core is not the sole processor. Instead, it's more of a "managing processor." It delegates processing to the eight other processors on the chip, the Synergistic Processing Elements.

Xenon is a CPU that is used in the Xbox 360 game console. The processor, internally codenamed "Waternoose" by IBM[1] and "XCPU" by Microsoft, is based on IBM's PowerPC instruction set architecture, consisting of three independent processor cores on a single die. These cores are slightly modified versions of the PPE in the Cell processor which was designed specifically for the PlayStation 3.[2][3] Each core has two symmetric hardware threads (SMT), for a total of six hardware threads available to games. Each individual core also includes 32 KiB of L1 instruction cache and 32 KiB of L1 data cache.

i did a little more in depth studying and i came out with this result:

Playstation 3 was built for graphics and realistic gameplay
Xbox 360 was built for downloadable content and straight down FUN gaming

but in my opinion 360 is the best XD

Super Empra

Quote from: XtheHedgehog on May 19, 2009, 10:10:23 AM

[from "How stuff Works]
The PS3 "Processing Element" of the Cell is a 3.2-GHz PowerPC core equipped with 512 KB of L2 cache. The PowerPC core is a type of microprocessor similar to the one you would find running the Apple G5. It's a powerful processor on its own and could easily run a computer by itself; but in the Cell, the PowerPC core is not the sole processor. Instead, it's more of a "managing processor." It delegates processing to the eight other processors on the chip, the Synergistic Processing Elements.

Xenon is a CPU that is used in the Xbox 360 game console. The processor, internally codenamed "Waternoose" by IBM[1] and "XCPU" by Microsoft, is based on IBM's PowerPC instruction set architecture, consisting of three independent processor cores on a single die. These cores are slightly modified versions of the PPE in the Cell processor which was designed specifically for the PlayStation 3.[2][3] Each core has two symmetric hardware threads (SMT), for a total of six hardware threads available to games. Each individual core also includes 32 KiB of L1 instruction cache and 32 KiB of L1 data cache.

The cell is a confusing CPU and devs still haven't fully used the power. Thats why i think the 360's CPU is better.

Skyle369

Ps3 is more better!
Everything in PS3 looks so realistic (For me).

annoyinglad

Quote from: Skyle369 on May 19, 2009, 09:42:57 PM
Ps3 is more better!
Everything in PS3 looks so realistic (For me).

More better? nvm...

I personally think the PS3 is CAPABLE of better graphics, due to the power of the cell processor. It's just that with Multi-Platform games, no developer makes separate versions for PS3 and 360. As for exclusives, No PS3 game developer ever spent too much time on graphics, they notice that PS3 needs more games with great gameplay before they work on graphics.

Quote from: XtheHedgehog on May 19, 2009, 10:10:23 AM

[from "How stuff Works]

Have you even ever touched a PS3? Most people that say that stuff haven't ever used the other system. Both are just as good as eachother at downloadable content and as for "FUN", that's dependant on the GAME DEVELOPER, not the system itself. Ever try playing Monopoly with a 360 or PS3? It's not fun, they take FOREVER to roll the dice... The games are what make them fun, not the processors. So if you wanna talk about fun, talk about the actual games, not the systems power itself.

LighttheHedgehog

The better graphics in the 3 last gen are:
5th Gen: Playstation
6th Gen: Playstaion 2,XBOX is second
7th Gen: PS3 and 360 have the same graphics normally but if you play PS3 on a good SONY TV,you'll see that PS3 have better graphics.

Super Empra

Quote from: LighttheHedgehog on June 04, 2009, 02:27:57 AM
The better graphics in the 3 last gen are:
5th Gen: Playstation
6th Gen: Playstaion 2,XBOX is second
7th Gen: PS3 and 360 have the same graphics normally but if you play PS3 on a good SONY TV,you'll see that PS3 have better graphics.

Actually i don't agree with that. Weren't N64 graphics better than PS1?

5th Gen: N64
6th Gen: PS2? XBOX? GCN? I don't know
7th Gen: PS3 because Killzone 2 has better graphics than any 360 game at the moment

LighttheHedgehog

I still think the Playstation have better graphis than N64.

Super Empra

Quote from: LighttheHedgehog on June 04, 2009, 07:24:54 AM
I still think the Playstation have better graphis than N64.

I found out that N64 had much better graphics. PS1's were quite pixelated. Perfect Dark on N64 looked amazing.