SonicZone is slowly going to die?!

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 16, 2009, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 06:41:50 AM
I rather have 30 extremely good friends than 2 million crap friends :P
That's true

those crap friends might not even be worthy to be called a friend.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 06:43:21 AM
That's true

those crap friends might not even be worthy to be called a friend.
I know what its like to have loads of crap friends ie my old youtube account which was from December 2005 to June 2009. Over the years I had gathered at least 2k friends on it. A lot of them ignored me, annoyed the hell out of me or treated me like an idiot. While this place I have really good quality friends I can talk and have a laugh with. :P

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 21, 2009, 06:46:57 AM
I know what its like to have loads of crap friends ie my old youtube account which was from December 2005 to June 2009. Over the years I had gathered at least 2k friends on it. A lot of them ignored me, annoyed the hell out of me or treated me like an idiot. While this place I have really good quality friends I can talk and have a laugh with. :P
This is a cold world and SonicZone is like a shelter(there are spammers who mess it up though).
Now I believe that SonicZone is not going to die.It's gonna get better as we get more good comrades.

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 21, 2009, 06:49:44 AM
This is a cold world and SonicZone is like a shelter(there are spammers who mess it up though).
Now I believe that SonicZone is not going to die.It's gonna get better as we get more good comrades.
I think so too, everything has small beginnings, I bet John is actually surprised how the site has turned out. He has done a great job on the site. ;D

zune-the-hedgehog

I've noticed something this forum is very random. Not exactly a serious forum with many programmers and stuff like that (Like X-Cult & Sonic Retro) I noticed that the amount of users and posting on Sonic Retro is growing RAPIDLY!! One moment you go to a topic with 5 posts make yours and then there 20. I think it is because Sonic Retro is releasing things like the Sonic X-Treme Stage rips. Lets face it this place is kind of boring. Most only come for the VIP downloads and I am ashamed to say I kind of did too.

EchidnaPower

Quote from: zune-the-hedgehog on December 21, 2009, 04:22:43 PM
I've noticed something this forum is very random. Not exactly a serious forum with many programmers and stuff like that (Like X-Cult & Sonic Retro) I noticed that the amount of users and posting on Sonic Retro is growing RAPIDLY!! One moment you go to a topic with 5 posts make yours and then there 20. I think it is because Sonic Retro is releasing things like the Sonic X-Treme Stage rips. Lets face it this place is kind of boring. Most only come for the VIP downloads and I am ashamed to say I kind of did too.

You trying to bring us down man? This forum is doing just fine.

I love Jesus! Do you?

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: zune-the-hedgehog on December 21, 2009, 04:22:43 PM
It would be no use to release such things when we don't have enough active members
Go to Sonic Retro if you really like it then

sonicmaddave

Quote from: EchidnaPower on December 21, 2009, 04:23:56 PM
You trying to bring us down man? This forum is doing just fine.
I agree with you I think we are doing quite well if I am honest. :P

Kirby

This place is doing fine. And it's getting Better.

denslat

well I joined and there are a lot of people like me looking for a place to relax kick back and download great stuff
but you guys need to advertise more.

I found this place from a youtube video lol

the battle stil rages

sonicmaddave

I actually forgot about how I found this place. ???

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: sonicmaddave on December 22, 2009, 06:02:50 AM
I actually forgot about how I found this place. ???
Me too strangely, time is passing by fast XP

sonicmaddave

Quote from: Chaos Swissroll on December 22, 2009, 06:05:13 AM
Me too strangely, time is passing by fast XP
And boy aren't I getting old... almost 20. :P jk

Joseppi

The problem with Sonic Retro is that the admins there are egocentric asshats. They actually make members discuss in a thread why they DESERVE to be a member before they can access the entire forum. Yeah, it's a good way to keep out the idiots and spammers, but it really makes them look like that have some type of god complex. That is why I have no interest in that site.

As for us, we're far from dead. Yeah, we may have a lot of inactive members, but all large forums do. We still have a lot of active members as well. Just look at the mod election. I have never been to a forum that has had so many people running for moderator. Just those members that are running are active and very good posters here.

If anyone finds this place boring, we are more than happy to take suggestions on what you all want.

Chaos Swissroll

Quote from: Joseppi on December 22, 2009, 07:15:20 AM
The problem with Sonic Retro is that the admins there are egocentric asshats. They actually make members discuss in a thread why they DESERVE to be a member before they can access the entire forum. Yeah, it's a good way to keep out the idiots and spammers, but it really makes them look like that have some type of god complex. That is why I have no interest in that site.

As for us, we're far from dead. Yeah, we may have a lot of inactive members, but all large forums do. We still have a lot of active members as well. Just look at the mod election. I have never been to a forum that has had so many people running for moderator. Just those members that are running are active and very good posters here.

If anyone finds this place boring, we are more than happy to take suggestions on what you all want.
-claps-
Very observant.