Main Menu

why I hate emos

Started by Barc, March 31, 2010, 01:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Sonic Boom

I think everyone should be given the right to think about the world in the way they want to, turn it backwards and think about the people who say "Why do they always think positively?"..eh.

chet

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 01, 2010, 06:06:12 PM
Oh, but here's the thing, cutting your flesh to ribbons won't make anyone like you more. It's just going to creep people out and maybe kill you.

I just can't fathom the thought process where you decide that mutilating yourself will improve the situation.

i never said i thought id would make people like me more. it was because i hated myself.
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

TheGameNinja

Quote from: chet on April 02, 2010, 03:21:05 PM
i never said i thought id would make people like me more. it was because i hated myself.
Why? Why hate yourself?

Sonic360

I USED to be an emo...so I dunno if that counts or not...

TranceRaver83

Quote from: shadic the ultimate on March 31, 2010, 01:46:29 PM
I´m not trying to ofend any emos here in the forum or anyone who has frineds like that but just needed to say tis for you to tell me if i´m right or not

IS enough to say how unthankfull they are because they depress for everithing... isn´t being alive and healthy enough reason for being happy?, I know depression is part of every teen but being able to do stupid things like cuting themselves is not normal and also I don´t think they´re so special like they thing they are because as I already said, depression is part of life.

This was for making everyone who thinks to be included inside this text to think and reflex how good or bad are their sense of life and also for you to correct me if i´m wrong
I'm guessing you have never been through extreme depression before.  You are basicly saying that everyone is depressed, so you should get over it, but what about the people who have abusive parents, are teased at school and everywhere else, have witnessed love ones die ect.  People do stuff like that as an escape from reality. some people cut themselves, some people drink or do drugs, some people make others feel like shit, because it makes them feel better when they do it, and lets them escape from the cruelty of reality. I am not condoning any of this behavior, but when you are suffering from severe depression (i have many times in my life before), you will look to anything to make you feel better. 

I know that emo is a trend, and i hate the trend "emo", but i dont think you should bash every single person that feels depressed, and tries to look for an escape.  I doubt that was your intentions, but thats what it seemed like to me.

ChaosDazer

As many are saying, I don't understand the need to cut or harm yourself.
But because I do not know one emo in real life, it's a lifestyle choice.
They're mind, They're body, they're choice.
witty sig caption

TheGameNinja

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 02, 2010, 08:11:52 PM
I'm guessing you have never been through extreme depression before.  You are basicly saying that everyone is depressed, so you should get over it, but what about the people who have abusive parents, are teased at school and everywhere else, have witnessed love ones die ect.  People do stuff like that as an escape from reality. some people cut themselves, some people drink or do drugs, some people make others feel like shit, because it makes them feel better when they do it, and lets them escape from the cruelty of reality. I am not condoning any of this behavior, but when you are suffering from severe depression (i have many times in my life before), you will look to anything to make you feel better. 

I know that emo is a trend, and i hate the trend "emo", but i dont think you should bash every single person that feels depressed, and tries to look for an escape.  I doubt that was your intentions, but thats what it seemed like to me.
Except that there is a distinct difference between emo and depression. People CHOOSE to be emo. Depression is a medical condition.

TranceRaver83

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 03, 2010, 05:03:12 AM
Except that there is a distinct difference between emo and depression. People CHOOSE to be emo. Depression is a medical condition.
That's why i said it is a trend, i hate the "scene kids" who dress that way,and cut themselves just to fit in.  I only said the rest, because when i read it, it basicly looked like he said anyone that is depressed should just get over it, but that probably wasnt his intentions. 

chet

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 02, 2010, 08:11:52 PM

yeah! tell it to them MAN! thats exactly how i feel at times! +1 for understanding...
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

TheGameNinja

Look, I understand depression. It's a medical condition that you need help to overcome.

I DON'T understand emo. Emos do that crap because they CHOOSE to.

I myself went though about 2 years worth of an extremely mild case of depression (not at all serious, but the whole not caring about anything going on around me, etc. thing). I give the anime Eureka seveN full credit for pulling me out of it, so if you feel similar to how I said I felt, give it a watch.
It changed my whole outlook on life. ;)

TranceRaver83

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 03, 2010, 06:42:24 PM
Look, I understand depression. It's a medical condition that you need help to overcome.

I DON'T understand emo. Emos do that crap because they CHOOSE to.

I myself went though about 2 years worth of an extremely mild case of depression (not at all serious, but the whole not caring about anything going on around me, etc. thing). I give the anime Eureka seveN full credit for pulling me out of it, so if you feel similar to how I said I felt, give it a watch. It changed my whole outlook on life. ;)
Nah, like the "scene kids" who dress that way to fit in, it is just because it is the trend, and it will die off in a few years.  The ones that cut themselves do it for the same reason the anime helped you.  It makes them feel good and gives them an escape.  Myself, i have never cut myself, and i never plan to.  I havn't had serious depression in over a year, and last time i did, music helped me get through it.  It's different in every person.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 03, 2010, 06:45:52 PM
Nah, like the "scene kids" who dress that way to fit in, it is just because it is the trend, and it will die off in a few years.  The ones that cut themselves do it for the same reason the anime helped you.  It makes them feel good and gives them an escape.  Myself, i have never cut myself, and i never plan to.  I havn't had serious depression in over a year, and last time i did, music helped me get through it.  It's different in every person.
Except anime can't hurt or kill you. Cutting is stupid regardless of any reason. Even of you're depressed. Granted, it's the depression making you do the stupid thing in that case, but it's still a stupid thing to do regardless.

That's right: depression makes you do stupid things. Go fig.

TranceRaver83

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 03, 2010, 06:52:00 PM
Except anime can't hurt or kill you. Cutting is stupid regardless of any reason. Even of you're depressed. Granted, it's the depression making you do the stupid thing in that case, but it's still a stupid thing to do regardless.
Hell, if it makes them feel good, they can do whatever they want.  That is same reason people turn to hard drugs, because instead of just talking to their doctor about their depression, they go out and try to fix it on their own, and end up fucking their life up more.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: TranceRaver83 on April 03, 2010, 06:53:28 PM
Hell, if it makes them feel good, they can do whatever they want.  That is same reason people turn to hard drugs, because instead of just talking to their doctor about their depression, they go out and try to fix it on their own, and end up fucking their life up more.
Yeah, they can ruin their lives and destroy their bodies all they want, but I don't want a single one of them thinking that that is the correct way to deal with their problems. It's just running away. Cowardice.

TranceRaver83

Quote from: TheGameNinja on April 03, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
Yeah, they can ruin their lives and destroy their bodies all they want, but I don't want a single one of them thinking that that is the correct way to deal with their problems. It's just running away. Cowardice.
People do stupid things when they are depressed to feel better.