Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by jkid101094, January 05, 2013, 12:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

A few days ago GameFreak released a statement, at the end of a Pokemon Black 2/White 2 trailer, that a big announcement for the series would be coming on January 8th of this year. No one has any clues to what this exactly is but a friend of my theorizes that we may already be seeing generation 6. Here are his point:

* If the games are announced now and are released in the fall, Gen 5 will have lasted the same amount of time as Gens 1 and 2.
* Pokemon needs to move to the 3DS. To do that Gamefreak needs a new engine and it is unlikely that Gamefreak would built that engine for a spin-off.

Even thought there are only two points that I posted he does make good ones. Those of you who wanted the Ruby/Sapphire remakes may be disappointed all because of the 3DS.

Of course, it could be a new movie, a new arc of the anime or a Wii U game but even then the statement makes it seem like it's bigger than that. What do you guys think?

~Click for Countdown~

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

i say... new anime arc. Or something so unexpected that it might come in a form of a crossover... or some new social media app for wii u and/or 3DS that involves pokemon.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 05, 2013, 01:01:53 AM
i say... new anime arc. Or something so unexpected that it might come in a form of a crossover... or some new social media app for wii u that involves pokemon.
The anime is pretty much done unless it's all original story from here on out.

Even all the movies are near done. Genesect is being pumped out right now.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

It's too soon for a new generation. I think that is very unlikely.

Ruby/Sapphire remakes have a better chance. There have been hints, just like there were for Gold/Silver.

A Wii U game is also very likely. The first Pokemon game on Nintendo's new console would certainly be a huge deal. Honestly, this is the most likely scenario.

I do not think it will be a spinoff. Unless its a Wii U spinoff, then maybe. But they've never made this big of a deal about spinoffs. Something for the anime is possible I guess, but I honestly don't think that's what it will be, seeing as Japan and America are announcing it at the same time and America is behind Japan in the anime.

This is most likely a game. Most likely not a spinoff. So I'm betting on either a Wii U stadium style game or R/S remakes, with the Wii U game being the more likely option.

The anime has and will always go its own way at some point. Remember how long they were in Johto?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 05, 2013, 06:45:20 AM
A Wii U game is also very likely. The first Pokemon game on Nintendo's new console would certainly be a huge deal. Honestly, this is the most likely scenario.

Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 for Wii U.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 05, 2013, 11:10:10 AM
Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 for Wii U.

I wouldn't doubt it if that game was already in production.

shadowDOESrock

Though, i would rather see something like Pokemon XD on GC.

You know, a full real pokemon game with an overworld n'all with pretty HD graphics.

SmashFinale

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 05, 2013, 01:57:01 PM
Though, i would rather see something like Pokemon XD on GC.

You know, a full real pokemon game with an overworld n'all with pretty HD graphics.
Or an even better idea, a combination between PokePark and Pokemon XD. Travel as trainer, Battle as Pokemon. Now wouldn't you want to pay for something like that?

TheGameNinja

It's going to be a game. The announcement will be made through a special Nintendo Direct called Pokemon Direct. If this had to do with the anime, there's no reason to have Satoru Iwata hosting it.

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 07, 2013, 06:46:35 AM
It's going to be a game. The announcement will be made through a special Nintendo Direct called Pokemon Direct. If this had to do with the anime, there's no reason to have Satoru Iwata hosting it.
A game... or maybe an app? Probably a game though.

jkid101094

Maybe we'll be getting a Pikachu 3DS or Wii U. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Jordan teh Echidna

FREE ROAMING 3D WII U ALL REGION GAME

*shot for dreaming*
Pesterchum = sirJayden

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 07, 2013, 07:22:47 AM
Maybe we'll be getting a Pikachu 3DS or Wii U. =P

Pikachu 3DS already exists... In Japan & Europe.

SmashFinale

Well its official, its 6 generation.

... AND ITS COLORLESS

TGN shall explain.