Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by jkid101094, January 05, 2013, 12:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y come out almost everywhere in October. I believe they were named this way just so the third game can be Pokemon Z.

Gameplay looks amazing and getting close to what a lot of people have been wanting since DPPt. I'm glad there's new main series games, but I'm not sure I love that they're being released so soon. Gen V is still pretty new.

Rumor is that the new region is based on France.

Mephiles

Gen V will have lasted about 3 years by this fall, like the first 2 gens did. it only seems new still, since gen III and IV lasted about 4 years each, throwing off the pattern.

btw, they will probably make Pokemon Z, with a legendary Z-shaped pokemon and all the legendaries together will form XYZ Dragon Cannon
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

jkid101094

Happiness fills my bosom.

I also now demand that FR/LG get remade to accommodate the new style. *shot*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Mephiles on January 08, 2013, 02:43:25 AM
Gen V will have lasted about 3 years by this fall, like the first 2 gens did. it only seems new still, since gen III and IV lasted about 4 years each, throwing off the pattern.

btw, they will probably make Pokemon Z, with a legendary Z-shaped pokemon and all the legendaries together will form XYZ Dragon Cannon
If that happens, i will kill you first.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 08, 2013, 12:34:08 AM
Rumor is that the new region is based on France.
NO WAY.

I COULDN'T TELL THAT FROM THE EIFFEL TOWER.

*shot dead*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

I've been wanting this since 2000.
I hope this justifies the sheer lazyness from all the Pokemon's on DS. No more copy/paste.

Now, do the same for Mario.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 08, 2013, 03:21:08 AM
NO WAY.

I COULDN'T TELL THAT FROM THE EIFFEL TOWER.

*shot dead*

Japan, China, and other countries have towers like that too. =3=

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 08, 2013, 07:04:05 AM
Japan, China, and other countries have towers like that too. =3=
I was joking, but I seriously didn't know that. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Tbh i didnt even notice it the first time i saw the vid. Then i watched it again and noticed that Pikachu was a kilometer away from the effiel tower.

jkid101094

Quote from: SmashFinale on January 08, 2013, 07:49:10 AM
Tbh i didnt even notice it the first time i saw the vid. Then i watched it again and noticed that Pikachu was a kilometer away from the effiel tower.

I didn't notice until now but he's actually standing ON the thing.

Post Merge: January 08, 2013, 10:13:32 PM

Quote from: ShyguySupposedly this game will have a Europe inspired region. I haven't found a definitive source for this but it makes sense given the routes are being reset much like how they were in gen five when the series moved from Japanese inspired regions to an American inspired one.

As such there is an interesting theory going around that the legendaries are based on Norse mythology. In said mythology there are three creatures that live in the world tree Yggdrasil: an eagle(Y), a stag(X), and a dragon(obligatory third legendary because it always has to be a trio). If this game ties into Norse mythology that could make for a very interesting story. That said, this is a Pokemon game so I'm not getting my hopes up to high.

The genetics theme seems like a given with Y's blood vessel wings and X's DNA antlers, but the above rumor seems to make sense as well(and is also more interesting).

Post Merge: January 10, 2013, 12:04:35 PM

I'm late on this but the X mascot is named Xerneas and the Y mascot is Yveltal.

...those are the English names, btw. Have fun pronouncing those. =P

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dax7

At least 50 new 'mons and moar pokemon in 3d. Hmmm I might move bck into the series now since the last game I played was Emerald.
3ds owner and Animator in training.

Hakudamashi

I refused to buy PKMN Black or White 1 & 2, but I'm definitely getting this one.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on January 13, 2013, 12:15:34 PM
Xerneas > Xurr-Nee-Us
Yveltal > Ee-Vell-Tawl
lol Evil Tawl...

I'm getting  PKMN Y cause it's red.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

ZURR-nee-us and ee-VELL-tall

Also, shouldn't the name of this topic be changed now that we know what it is?