Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by jkid101094, January 05, 2013, 12:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 25, 2013, 11:37:06 AM
It literally shoved the download in my face the moment I booted the Eshop up.

It didn't for me. Besides, the game is for kids and how often do kids visit the eShop? They didn't send out a notification for it (yet) so the only way someone would know about the update is if they read about it online.

jkid101094

I could be wrong but isn't there an app that alerts you about these things?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 25, 2013, 01:50:56 PM
I could be wrong but isn't there an app that alerts you about these things?

No, but Nintendo usually sends out notifications about this stuff through Spotpass. They've yet to do so for Pokemon though, which is weird since it's a pretty critical update.

SmashFinale

Quote from: Elija2 on October 25, 2013, 01:58:39 PM
No, but Nintendo usually sends out notifications about this stuff through Spotpass. They've yet to do so for Pokemon though, which is weird since it's a pretty critical update.
They probably did but Spotpass is slow as fuck.
You might get the message a few days from now or next year in February. It's pretty annoying.

Elija2

Another thing that sucks about the game is the Streetpass functionality, or lack thereof. All Streetpassing does in this game is give you Poke Miles which can easily be farmed without it by Wonder Trading. Streetpassing seems like it was made for Pokemon, but they totally botched it. Imagine Wonder Trading with people you Streetpass, or battling against their AI-controlled team, or putting them in your Passerby list so you can chat and trade with them properly. I've been getting more Streetpasses since Pokemon came out and almost everyone that I Streetpass with is playing it, but it's all wasted because it doesn't do anything. That's probably the biggest letdown of this game for me.

Hakudamashi

But as you said, this game was most likely rushed =/

Maybe if ppl didn't go soo ape-shit over delays...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Or maybe if Game Freak knew what they were doing. Maybe if they started work on XY earlier instead of working on BW2 when the 3DS was already out. Maybe if they weren't working on Harmoknight at the same time. Maybe if they delayed the game for one more month to work on it more. Maybe if they spent their time on more important features instead of bench sitting and sky battles.

Oh well, there's always Pokemon Z next year.

Hakudamashi

I liked Harmoknight...

And does anyone care about Sky Battles? Seem like a waste of development time...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Sky battles are OK but nothing special.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

They always hold things back for the third game.

jkid101094

Forms, yeah, but this would be the first time they held back actual Pokemon...at least it's give Z version exclusives to match Swirlix, Spritzee, Clauncher and Skrelp.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 26, 2013, 04:34:25 PM
They always hold things back for the third game.
Except Black and White...

And I don't count Yellow...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I haven't played this game since I beat the Elite Four. I have no motivation to catch 'em all.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on October 28, 2013, 03:22:19 PM
Then battle me!

I would but you'd probably kick my ass. None of my Pokemon are over lv. 70 and I haven't bothed IV or EV training any of them. My team probably sucks.