What is Your Favourite Franchise and Why?

Started by Hakudamashi, May 30, 2013, 09:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 30, 2013, 03:19:53 PM
I was planning on getting the Ratchet & Clank Collection
F*ck the first game. Ratchet's gimped mobility in the first game is horrendus, I'm warning you right now...

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on May 30, 2013, 03:19:53 PM
Then again, there are almost no franchises that i like the clear majority of games of - let alone call my "favourite"

Do self-contained series' in franchises count?
E.g how "Batman: Arkham..." is a series in itself - without needing to read / watch / play the rest?
You mean like "Sonic Adventure Series" or "Megaman Zero Series" or "Final Fantasy Tactics Series"?
Well gee I guess I have to, I didn't realise I was the only one to easily find a clear cut favourite franchise as a whole...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on May 30, 2013, 03:55:10 PM
F*ck the first game. Ratchet's gimped mobility in the first game is horrendus, I'm warning you right now...
You mean like "Sonic Adventure Series" or "Megaman Zero Series" or "Final Fantasy Tactics Series"?
Well gee I guess I have to, I didn't realise I was the only one to easily find a clear cut favourite franchise as a whole...

Sorta, yes.

well... i'm gonna say the "Transformers: Cybertron" Games... War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron?
But i'm really pushing the boundries here since that isnt really a gaming franchise in the first place?

so idk

Ravenfreak

There are tons of franchises I absolutely love, however the one that stands above them all is definitely Sonic the Hedgehog. First off, Sonic the Hedgehog was the very first video game I ever played. If it wasn't for that game, I wouldn't be the gamer I am today. I also probably wouldn't have had a clue on what I would want to do career wise. (I currently want to go to school to become a programmer, due to studying the inner workings of the classic games...) Next, the gameplay is extremely fast pace making you stay on your toes at all times. In some cases though, you have to slow down and figure out the correct path to take within a level so you don't get hurt. It's a fun addicting platformer, what more could you ask for? Finally all the gimmicks Sega just keeps adding to the franchise is refreshing, after 06 Sega has really been getting out of the hole they dug with that game, kudos to them. The music within each game is unique, and matches each environment so well plus is so darn catchy as well! These are my reasons on why Sonic is my favorite franchise. :)

Hakudamashi

Kewl beans
I like the Sonic franchise cause the one thing it has consistently, spin-offs or otherwise, is it has "flow", y'know?
With some exceptions of course...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on June 03, 2013, 07:07:34 AM
I like the Sonic franchise cause the one thing it has consistently, spin-offs or otherwise, is it has "flow", y'know?
With some exceptions of course...
consistently
exceptions

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay