Guess who got a job.

Started by Sonic360, March 06, 2010, 02:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilly

i heard working at gamestop sucks.
and youre only getting $130 a month? i make $180-200 a week lol

SuperSonic23

Quote from: Sonic360 on March 06, 2010, 02:49:58 PM
I got a job at the local gamestop, uggh but the job interview was a pain.  They will give me $130 a month so I will get good pay.  The odd part about it is....I will be the youngest worker there, everyone else is 18-20, he only accepted me because I turn 15 in a few weeks so I get to work there now.  ^^ I am so happy right now.

Nice man! You can find the latest gaming news and buy games there! Awesome!!!
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Sonic360

Quote from: John Gillis on March 06, 2010, 04:45:13 PM
It's actually good pay for a guy my age, omg if I keep working through the summer I could get Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep before any of you guys get it lol

Fiamonder

Quote from: John Gillis on March 06, 2010, 04:45:13 PM

Wait, and you couldn't save the forum?

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

Soul Blade

Elija2

Quote from: Fiamonder10 on March 07, 2010, 01:52:29 AM
Wait, and you couldn't save the forum?

He could, he just didn't want to work with the bullshit that is SiteGround anymore, so he left it up to us to decide whether we wanted to keep this forum or not.

TheGameNinja

I've heard GameStop treats their employees like thieves. That they have to be checked for stolen merchandise whenever they leave the store or go on break.

Elija2

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 07, 2010, 05:40:38 AM
I've heard GameStop treats their employees like thieves. That they have to be checked for stolen merchandise whenever they leave the store or go on break.

Considering all the rumours I've heard I wouldn't doubt it.

But the job experience ultimately depends on who you're working with. If they're cool people, consider yourself lucky. If not, welcome to minimum-wage hell.

tommy

contratulations im really happy for you enjoy selling

TranceRaver83

180 a month?!  How many hours do you work for a week?

donotdrop

dats so cool have a good time working

sonicmaddave

Congrats Sonic360, welcome to the world of slave labour that is work. ;) JK

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 07, 2010, 05:40:38 AM

A lot of shops down here in Australia do this with their employees as well here. Even factories where products are made and logistics warehouses are the same as well. They even check the truck drivers that ship the items to the stores to see if they themselves have been thieving. Down here in Australia the word trust seems to have disappeared. :o

runegames

gratzz mate im rlly happy for u