The Legendary Chronicles of Whisps. Yes, it's supposed to sound cliche. (DEBUG)

Started by jkid101094, February 23, 2012, 06:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersonic196

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 24, 2012, 10:04:44 AM
My thinking was that patches would be more of a hassle to dl because there would be more of them. You'd probably have to install them in a certain order too when it came to maps and stuff. Every map is saved as it's own file.

Thinking about it now I might just do the first one. While patches are faster they're more annoying to do for all of us. :U
I suppose.

jkid101094

Quote from: supersonic196 on February 24, 2012, 08:18:52 AM
Apparently not. I'd always thought of VX as the cheap alternative to actual code.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxkXWeZR6Ao&feature=related

These were apparently ALL made with some sort of RPG Maker engine, apparently. Not only does this blow any opinion like the quoted out of the water but it completely destroys it.

Also I'm thinking about switching this game over to VXAce now that I might have a full, working version. I'll have to re-code the entire thing, though which I am not looking forward to. @_@

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

That's incredible. I had no clue you could do things like that with RPG Maker.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on February 25, 2012, 04:46:56 PM
That's incredible. I had no clue you could do things like that with RPG Maker.
Don't expect anything like that out of me, though. I stick solely to events simply because I hate trying to remember credits.

Edit:

Guys, I want opinions. I know you won't give them to me but I'm asking just in case.

Since I'm building this game on the RPGMVXAce engine there are a lot more possibilities. As such, I want TLCoWAce to reflect that. I was thinking of adding 2 ~ 4 new classes and possibly adding 2 ~ 4 new elements to the fray, bringing the total to 8 to 10 elements and classes total with 128 to 200 possible player stat combos. I want to know what you guys think and if you have any ideas. Right now what's in the game is:

Classes:

Knight
Lancer
Archer
White Mage
Black Mage
Theif

Elements:

Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Light (In game event.)
Darkness (In game event.)

I'm thinking of adding Ice and Thunder as elements despite them being created from water and wind and wind and earth respectively and as for classes I want to try to add something like the Engineer from TF2 that can place sentries and other things that slowly gun down enemies like poison status. I want to know if any new things should be available from the start or saved for something in the way of a "New Game +". Also if any of you have ideas to help fill those last few slots that'd be awesome.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.