Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 27, 2012, 05:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 07:49:04 AM
Well in the first place I guess the reason I'm giving NUNS3 so much leeway is cause normally a story mode in a fighting game is normally absent. So just the fact that it's a fighting game with a story mode rather than settling with an arcade mode immediately gets unfair biased support from me, like Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, etc. So for that, I aspologise.

Yes, you're right. I always burst in excitement when a game has a proper story mode... but here is the thing...

after;
Ultimate Ninja 3
Ultimate Ninja Storm
Rise of the Ninja
The Broken Bond
Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Tekken 6
DBZ: Burst Limit
Dead or Alive Dimesions
Dead or Aive 5

... we get Storm 3.
You either develop a fun fighting game (which it also fails at) with a fun story mode or you leave it be completely.

Long story short;
You can beat this ~9 hour game in about 45 minutes when you skip all the cutscenes.

Hakudamashi

From conversing with you, it seems like this story mode has taken on the Visual Novel approach to story telling with 3D models...
Alright, answer me this, is there some sort of traversing involved to do side activities and experience optional fanservice cutscenes that the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series is known for? Is the overall archetecture of how the story mode is made open enough for me to do enough optional sh*t to get some optional non-plot cutscene of Sakura, Hinata and Ino have girl talk or whatever?

Also, you keep mentioning how unfun this game is to play, would you share what changes it made from NUNS2?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 08:47:48 AM
non-plot cutscene of Sakura, Hinata and Ino have girl talk or whatever?
Sounds like my kind of game already.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 08:47:48 AM
From conversing with you, it seems like this story mode has taken on the Visual Novel approach to story telling with 3D models...
Alright, answer me this, is there some sort of traversing involved to do side activities and experience optional fanservice cutscenes that the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series is known for? Is the overall archetecture of how the story mode is made open enough for me to do enough optional sh*t to get some optional non-plot cutscene of Sakura, Hinata and Ino have girl talk or whatever?

Also, you keep mentioning how unfun this game is to play, would you share what changes it made from NUNS2?

No, its like Final Fantasy 13.
You walk from A to B for a minute at most, watch Cutscene. Repeat this for 9 hours.
No Interaction. Nothing. And the locked camera angle from UNS2 is back as well which does not help its design.
Sometimes (by that i mean twice) the A to B Walking suddenly is like Dynasty Warriors... but bad. And it lags.

But where as in FF13 you can freely look around, and still explore the world by looking around and going every branching path- and gameplay / batteling still taking over the majority of the "playtime". There is just nothing.
There are no treasure chests hidden here. There are no bandits trying to ambush you like Rise of the Ninja.
There is no quest like the doll ninjas like in UNS2. You can't buy flowers and give them Hinata like in UNS2.
No Side-Quests like in Rise of the Ninja.
Just...Nothing.

Buuuutttt...
...If you manage to beat the game and revisit the world, there will be some side quests sprinkled around the world. Which unlock new sta- alternate time of day setting of some already existing stages and the survival mode.

I have not beaten it and that final part is only what i've been told.
Why have I not beaten it? Because the final fight is the most awkward thing i ever had to control in a videogame since Sonic 3D Blast- The Genesis Version.
And i'm being dead serious here.

Also, did i mention that almost all characters are simply reused with no changed animations from UNSG and that (most) of the new characters are support-only?

Hakudamashi

Sooooo you don't know if there are any fanservice optional stuff to do post game? Cause what you described, I actually predicted happening because of how the manga portrayed it, like, its a war, where would they be able to place "Find the computer room to unlock extra costumes" or whatever...

And you still wont talk to me about what makes the fighting unfun for you.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 09:35:30 AM
Sooooo you don't know if there are any fanservice optional stuff to do post game? Cause what you described, I actually predicted happening because of how the manga portrayed it, like, its a war, where would they be able to place "Find the computer room to unlock extra costumes" or whatever...

Um
At the Beginning?
At the time they're in the motel?
At the time Naruto hunts Animals in the Show?
At the time Naruto hunts down fake Zetsus in the Show? (Which he doesnt do btw)

And everything is broken. Casualised BS.

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 10, 2013, 09:54:48 AM
Elaborate because to me it sounds like you're just trying to find something to complain about.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Wind, that stuff is present in the game. Their is literally a side mission that involves Ino, Sakura, and Hinata. Gotta beat the game first though.

There is an entire chapter where it is literally just cutscenes. That is Chapter 4.
Kyo, go beat the game already. It aint that hard. Just have ointment on you and you will win.

And sure, they made mistakes with this game but it's not like they cant learn from their mistakes from this game and prevent them in the next one.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 10, 2013, 11:37:37 AM
Wind, that stuff is present in the game. Their is literally a side mission that involves Ino, Sakura, and Hinata. Gotta beat the game first though.
Oh good, then for me, it'll make it worthwile to beat the story mode then. Cause it's always for the post game stuff is why I love the NUN series soo much.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 10, 2013, 09:54:48 AM
Um
At the Beginning?
At the time they're in the motel?
At the time Naruto hunts Animals in the Show?
At the time Naruto hunts down fake Zetsus in the Show? (Which he doesnt do btw)

But, aren't those "one time" incidents? As in, once you move from that point, you cannot go back? Cause if so, wouldn't it be kinda BS to put side acctivities in areas where once you leave this area it's gone forever? And before you bring it up, yes, I do indeed dislke when JRPGs do it too.
Unless of course there's a chapter select or something...

Everything is broken? How? MvC broken? SSBB broken? Broken in a fun way or an annoying way?
Casualised? Causalised for the worse, or for the better? And how? Did they take away abilities? Did they make charckra dashing use less chackra?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

The only thing that is broken is the fighting mechanics because of the infinite combo cancels.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 10, 2013, 12:06:23 PM
The only thing that is broken is the fighting mechanics because of the infinite combo cancels.
Don't those combo cancels consume chackra?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 10, 2013, 12:06:23 PM

And the Instant Awakening Issue that comes with it.
And Tobi. Welltheypatchedtobi.

Basically, if you hit first... you won.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel
You hit, he ran out of substitues.
You activate Instant Awakening and while we're at it, Combo Cancel while in Instant Awakening, even though he didnt substitute, thus making your combo even longer.

Gamer over, you won. Pro skillz.

Anyhow, back to good fighting games.
Gonna duke it out in some Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur 4.

Hakudamashi

Do you use the items on the dpad?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

billyhatcher312

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 10, 2013, 01:19:36 PM
And the Instant Awakening Issue that comes with it.
And Tobi. Welltheypatchedtobi.

Basically, if you hit first... you won.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel.
You hit, he substitutes.
Combo Cancel
You hit, he ran out of substitues.
You activate Instant Awakening and while we're at it, Combo Cancel while in Instant Awakening, even though he didnt substitute, thus making your combo even longer.

Gamer over, you won. Pro skillz.

Anyhow, back to good fighting games.
Gonna duke it out in some Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur 4.

that sounds really boring

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 02:38:20 PM
Do you use the items on the dpad?

They're useless, aside from the paperbomb.