Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Started by shadowDOESrock, December 27, 2012, 05:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2013, 07:27:48 AM
How dare he have a different opinion than you...

Its a bad game. Fact. Why? There is no Gameplay.
But aside from that, Mr. Jump-To-Conclusion, i'd like him to explain why this game would be good, hence the you high.

I could've said it nicer but...
This is the worst game i've played- no, watched in my life.
It made me smash my controller, destroy the disc (still is functional though...) and almost kick my Xbox.

...                        ...and i never get angry.

Hakudamashi

Sounds like you wouldn't enjoy Heavy Rain.

Also, you make it sound like there's no VS. Mode or something...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2013, 09:01:34 AM
Sounds like you wouldn't enjoy Heavy Rain.

Also, you make it sound like there's no VS. Mode or something...

Wrong.
Heavy Rain, Walking Dead & Asuras Wrath all have gameplay. You still do things.
Wind, all you do is watch. There are only 3 of these cool QTE Battles from UNS2.
It isnt interactive. You watch cutscenes, 30 minutes up to 2 hours.

And its not even like in Final Fantasy 13- The characters hardly move. They're just standing there.
And maybe maybe you'll have a battle that lasts about 30 seconds because this game is easy even on hardest difficulty.

And yes, there is versus.
But... this is always something that bothered me about reviews and how people judge games in general.

Battlefield 3 for example; Everyone says the Campaign sucks but still gives it over an 8. What?
Thats the HALF of the game.

While i prefer Ubisofts Games,  i still loved UNS2. I can still pick that up and play it for hours...

Hakudamashi

So I understand you dislike the story mode, but what about the other stuff?
Is the combat a step up, or a step down? How is the online, etc.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2013, 09:41:02 AM
So I understand you dislike the story mode, but what about the other stuff?
Is the combat a step up, or a step down? How is the online, etc.

Combat?

Online? Okay, that certainly has improved in terms of modes.

Hakudamashi

Yeesh
What changes did they make that are so bad?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Filler....
And almost infinite combo can- combo cance- Combo can- Combo c- Combo Cancel- Combo cancel- GAME OVER!

Hakudamashi

I actually welcomed the whole combo cancel thing as a means to harshly punish those who don't substitute properly. It was fun in Generations.

But what do you mean by filler?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SmashFinale

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2013, 02:25:02 PM
I actually welcomed the whole combo cancel thing as a means to harshly punish those who don't substitute properly. It was fun in Generations.

But what do you mean by filler?
Did you know the story behind why Kushina loves Minato?
WHO GIVES A FUCK?! But hey, they deemed it important enough to put it in the fucking game!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 09, 2013, 02:30:54 PM
Did you know the story behind why Kushina loves Minato?
WHO GIVES A FUCK?! But hey, they deemed it important enough to put it in the fucking game!
I give a fuck, and am glad they left it in.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 09, 2013, 02:44:07 PM
I give a fuck, and am glad they left it in.

Arent you the guy who a few months ago complained about long cutscenes?
Becausethatsallthegameis. A Giant Cutscene... and not interactive ones. Hours... upon hours.

Did i mention that you can actually walk as pregnant kushina for 5 meters? Just that she takes about 2 minutes for that one bridge in the middle of Konoha. (Which you also cross in UNS2). You just hit the stick and go right...

Fun.

Hakudamashi

I bitched about long cutscenes in games where there is only a story mode

This is a fighting game with a story mode in it. Not only that, it's a story mode for Naruto fans, so excuse them for wanting to fullfill the wishes of those who wanted to just walk around with Kushina.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: windlessusher on April 10, 2013, 06:32:53 AM
it's a story mode for Naruto fans, so excuse them for wanting to fullfill the wishes of those who wanted to just walk around with Kushina.

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 03, 2013, 03:54:35 AM
Most people who buy this game are fans of Naruto and just take it as it is. It has enough fanservice to be "good" for your average naruto fan. Hell, the pre-order bonus was to get some of the cast in a Bikini and Naruto in a Son-Goku Costume.

Have fun then. I, for one, do not take a reign of shit blindly simply because i'm a "fan."

Also, you do not walk "around" with Kushina.
You press the analog stick towards the right... for minutes (after like 40 minutes of cutscenes) in a section that usually takes 10 seconds with other characters... and then there is another cutscene for an hour.

It had no relevance with the story. It no relevance with /anything/.

But thank you, i now have something to reference everytime you complain about long cutscenes, QTEs and Bad SP / Good MP.

I heard you didnt like Resident Evil 6? Huh, wuzzat? Has a really fun Multiplayer?
Didnt you once also complain about MGS4? wuzzat? Has a really fun Multiplayer?
Having Double Standards is nice, isnt it?

billyhatcher312

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on April 10, 2013, 06:50:49 AM

Have fun then. I, for one, do not take a reign of shit blindly simply because i'm a "fan."

Also, you do not walk "around" with Kushina.
You press the analog stick towards the right... for minutes (after like 40 minutes of cutscenes) in a section that usually takes 10 seconds with other characters... and then there is another cutscene for an hour.

It had no relevance with the story. It no relevance with /anything/.

But thank you, i now have something to reference everytime you complain about long cutscenes, QTEs and Bad SP / Good MP.

I heard you didnt like Resident Evil 6? Huh, wuzzat? Has a really fun Multiplayer?
Didnt you once also complain about MGS4? wuzzat? Has a really fun Multiplayer?
Having Double Standards is nice, isnt it?

i think wendle complanes too much about the games he plays

Hakudamashi

Well in the first place I guess the reason I'm giving NUNS3 so much leeway is cause normally a story mode in a fighting game is normally absent. So just the fact that it's a fighting game with a story mode rather than settling with an arcade mode immediately gets unfair biased support from me, like Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, etc. So for that, I aspologise.

That aside, I don't have a problem with just having long cutscences, I have a problem with long unskippable cutscences, a hate I festered ever since Kingdom Hearts when I kept losing to the same boss over and over again.
The problem I have with long unskippable cutscenes isn't necessarily because "OMG I WANNA PLAY THE GAME", more so I fear for the "If I die right now, am I gonna have to re-watch ALL of that?"

Also, my memory is fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure when I bitched about RE6, is was probably about how it was "ruining" the survival horror genre, not cutscenes.
And I don't recall ever complaining about MGS4, cause I never played...and now I never will >_<
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay