Why do most hate Windows Vista?

Started by Rulep, February 08, 2010, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulep

Rulep: do you ever fall in love with yourself
Captain Nook: for me, there could never be anyone else.
Captain Nook: I've spent hours looking in the mirror.

Dracoslythe

Cause it was so different than XP.
People got a stick up their ass.
Cause they can't take change.
Pussies.
>:U

TheGameNinja

It's Windows 7 now.

I heard Vista was buggy when it first came out. The stigma just stuck, I guess.

Gilly

The reason vista is hated is because of 2 major reasons. For one, Vista doesnt support as many drivers as XP did, meaning lots of programs are incompatible with it. And the second biggest reason is because, even if you dont notice, Vista hogs up a lot of system resources, making it an overall slower experience than Windows XP.

Those are the real reasons.

sonicmaddave

I totally agree with John I also had terrible experiences with it crashing on my old laptop all the time despite it was the correct specifications. The laptop eventually died from an unrelated problem, which was the screen backlit stopped working.

Fiamonder

Yeah, Vista had ALOT of bugs and errors when it got released. I got my Acer laptop originally with Vista, but then, I couldnt right click anymore. Well, I could, but when I right clicked a file, Windows Explorer crashed. So I got Windows 7 and installed it on my laptop. Ugh, it was so terrible..

First try at making a sig, It's decent.

sonicmaddave

Windows 7 is way better I experienced it I had a beta copy installed on a second hard disk a while ago in the PC. I am considering getting a new laptop soon with Windows 7 on it. :P

Dracoslythe

I still say my explanation is best for the average person.
:3

NiGHTS

According to the dude who fixed my laptop when it broke (hardrive corruption FFFUUUCCKK good job i had finished my coursework<3 but i lost about 120 oral questions for spanish and german D:)
he said that if my laptop was windows XP he could solve the problem easily and cheaply but due to it being vista it ended up taking about a week and cost the best part of eighty quid >:U

but meh i didnt lose much cause well vista took up nearly all my laptop spacee anyway xD

Gilly

Quote from: sonicmaddave on February 09, 2010, 03:22:57 AM
Windows 7 is way better I experienced it I had a beta copy installed on a second hard disk a while ago in the PC. I am considering getting a new laptop soon with Windows 7 on it. :P

Windows 7 is great on new laptops. I would know, because I have one lol.

Super Sonic Boom

Vista crashes for me sometimes for unknow reasons and can act slow at times.
(Thinking about upgrading to 7 'cause I can...but I dunno about it all)

Sonic360

Quote from: Dracoslythe on February 08, 2010, 11:41:43 AM
Cause it was so different than XP.
People got a stick up their ass.
Cause they can't take change.
Pussies.
>:U
Had one up mine...felt good lol *deathstare* but on topic I really don't G.A.F because a computer is a computer nuff said.

LunarShadow

Quote from: John Gillis on February 09, 2010, 02:53:26 AM
The reason vista is hated is because of 2 major reasons. For one, Vista doesnt support as many drivers as XP did, meaning lots of programs are incompatible with it. And the second biggest reason is because, even if you dont notice, Vista hogs up a lot of system resources, making it an overall slower experience than Windows XP.

Thank you

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Zero Insanity

Quote from: John Gillis on February 09, 2010, 02:53:26 AM

This exactly and I also hate User Account Control (UAC).

PC: Are you sure?
Me: Yes *clicks yes*
PC: Are you really sure?
Me: *sigh* Yes *clicks yes again*
PC: Are you absolutely sure?
Me: OMG YES *clicks yes once more and facedesk*
~ Official SSF2 Developer ~

My Badges
- Blue Badge of Skill

donotdrop