Main Menu

This is BS.

Started by Dracoslythe, March 17, 2010, 03:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoslythe

So I have to get a calculator.  A GRAPHING calculator (oh, god, mom bit my head off all the way home about how she had to spend 50 bucks for a calc.  She got me one of the shitty cheap ones.  >.>  The ones like I SHOULD be using area bout 100 bucks, but she refused to get me one.  PERIOD)

The freaking manual is thicker than the freaking calcuator. @-@

Super Sonic Boom

I have a TI-84 Silver Edition, my mom spent $120 on a calculator she KNEW I would need for Geometry and Pre-Calculus next year (I didn't know she got it for me until it came in the mail one day)...when in doubt...E-bay is good to find new calculators! ;)

Gleech

Complain to your teachers that your calculator sucks, let them look at it, then complain and tell your mom she needs to buy an expensive one.

...that is, if it doesn't work right and is stopping you from completing your work correctly.

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on March 17, 2010, 03:10:57 PM
I have a TI-84 Silver Edition, my mom spent $120 on a calculator she KNEW I would need for Geometry and Pre-Calculus next year (I didn't know she got it for me until it came in the mail one day)...when in doubt...E-bay is good to find new calculators! ;)
I tried to get my mom to get me a 95 dollar plain old TI-38 in 8TH GRADE for Algebra 1.  She was like "no, it's too expensive."

Freshman year.  Geometry.  "No it's too expensive."  This time I just tried to get her to get me a graphic calc period.  I didn't care what brand anymore.

This year.  "GOD DAMN IT OKAY.  BUT THAT TEACHER CAN SHOVE IT UP HER ASS.  IT'S LIKE THROWING 50 BUCKS OUT THE WINDOW FOR WHAT...THREE MONTHS?"

^I only need Alg 1/2 ang Geometry to graduate^

I facepalmed.  Hard.
Then when I tried explaining that getting me a graphing calc in EIGHTH GRADE LIKE I ASKED wouldn't have made it so useless to get one for me to use for three months, then not touch again till college, she bit my head off like crazy.  O_o

Quote from: Gleech on March 17, 2010, 03:14:10 PM
Complain to your teachers that your calculator sucks, let them look at it, then complain and tell your mom she needs to buy an expensive one.

...that is, if it doesn't work right and is stopping you from completing your work correctly.
That plan's already gone down the drain, cause mom was like "and if that teacher doesn't like it because it's not a TI, give her directions to our house, and I'll bend over so she can kiss my ass."  exact words.

And the later was my excuse for getting it this time.
I got a 60 in Alg. 2 on my report card.  Mom freaked out, and I explained that we use a graphing calc for almost everything, and I couldn't do my hw cause I didn't have one, and she doesn't teach us how to do it manually, because we're allowed to use the calc on the final exam.  We aren't allowed to check them out from the school because we share with like two other math classes.  @-@

jkid101094

Shouldn't they have told you you needed that BEFORE the year started? @_@

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: jkid101094 on March 17, 2010, 03:18:24 PM
Shouldn't they have told you you needed that BEFORE the year started? @_@
Yeah.  But she said a "scientific" calc, so mom got me a cheapass 15 buck one without graphing functions.
We've been graphing since the second week of this semester.  >.>
So I've gotten maybe like 2 HW assignments turned in, and those were the ones I had time in class to do.

Elija2

Your calculator sucks unless you can play Galaga on it.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Elija2 on March 17, 2010, 03:21:06 PM
Your calculator sucks unless you can play Galaga on it.

FUUU-
Yeah, that's the kind my teacher wanted everyone to get, and mom was like
FUCK NO I'M NOT PAYING 100 DOLLARS FOR A CALCULATOR.

MAH CHEAP-ASS CALC</3

Elija2

Quote from: Dracoslythe on March 17, 2010, 03:21:52 PM
MAH CHEAP-ASS CALC</3

You can still write BOOBS on it though.

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: Dracoslythe on March 17, 2010, 03:17:24 PM

A TI-83 works great too, I'm in a program where graduation requirments are either Calculus (Pre-Calc in 11th or 10th grade) or Statistics!

Gleech

Quote from: Dracoslythe on March 17, 2010, 03:17:24 PM
I tried to get my mom to get me a 95 dollar plain old TI-38 in 8TH GRADE for Algebra 1.  She was like "no, it's too expensive."

Freshman year.  Geometry.  "No it's too expensive."  This time I just tried to get her to get me a graphic calc period.  I didn't care what brand anymore.

This year.  "GOD DAMN IT OKAY.  BUT THAT TEACHER CAN SHOVE IT UP HER ASS.  IT'S LIKE THROWING 50 BUCKS OUT THE WINDOW FOR WHAT...THREE MONTHS?"

I facepalmed.  Hard.
Then when I tried explaining that getting me a graphing calc in EIGHTH GRADE LIKE I ASKED wouldn't have made it so useless to get one for me to use for three months, then not touch again till college, she bit my head off like crazy.  O_o

That plan's already gone down the drain, cause mom was like "and if that teacher doesn't like it because it's not a TI, give her directions to our house, and I'll bend over so she can kiss my ass."  exact words.

And the later was my excuse for getting it this time.
I got a 60 in Alg. 2 on my report card.  Mom freaked out, and I explained that we use a graphing calc for almost everything, and I couldn't do my hw cause I didn't have one, and she doesn't teach us how to do it manually, because we're allowed to use the calc on the final exam.  We aren't allowed to check them out from the school because we share with like two other math classes.  @-@
-RAGE-

Oh well, *Draws a new plot*

Ok... we'll need 5 blackhawk helicopters, 4 Echo1 M4 airsoft guns, an Airsoft AK, an Airsoft Glock, and a tank...

Dracoslythe

Quote from: Elija2 on March 17, 2010, 03:23:32 PM
You can still write BOOBS on it though.
Well, yeah.
That takes away some of the pain of getting my head ripped off for 30 minutes.  :3

Quote from: Gleech on March 17, 2010, 03:24:28 PM
-RAGE-

Oh well, *Draws a new plot*

Ok... we'll need 5 blackhawk helicopters, 4 Echo1 M4 airsoft guns, an Airsoft AK, an Airsoft Glock, and a tank...
Win.

Gleech

Quote from: Dracoslythe on March 17, 2010, 03:25:02 PM
Well, yeah.
That takes away some of the pain of getting my head ripped off for 30 minutes.  :3

Win.
A yes, I forgot the nuke... ready the nuke.

jkid101094

My calc...

It was given to my teacher to hold on to while we took the ISATs...

Two weeks later, I still don't have it back. @_@

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

wazup

I feel Draco's pain, i too have a 'CHEAP ASS' calc.