Why Graphics....

Started by shadowDOESrock, April 07, 2010, 10:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graphics or Gameplay

Graphics
Gameplay
Both

SuperSonic23

Gameplay! I don't give a shit about graphics!!! I give a shit if the gameplay is good!!! Seriously, whoever cares about graphics, go fuck yourself right now!!!
I WUV TEH RED CHAOS EMERALD CUZ RED IS MAH FAV!!

Thorax777

Quote from: SuperSonic12 on April 10, 2010, 05:35:20 PM
Gameplay! I don't give a shit about graphics!!! I give a shit if the gameplay is good!!! Seriously, whoever cares about graphics, go fuck yourself right now!!!

A little harsh don't ya think? Companies today need put out a game with stellar graphics or else it won't catch the eyes of the buyers. Yes, there are those games with awesome graphics and sucky gameplay *cough* FF11-FF13 *cough*. But companies go through alot nowadays with testers and such just to make people have fun. Plus games are usually directed towards certain crowds.

SuperSonic23

Quote from: Thorax777 on April 10, 2010, 05:53:51 PM

A little harsh don't ya think? Companies today need put out a game with stellar graphics or else it won't catch the eyes of the buyers. Yes, there are those games with awesome graphics and sucky gameplay *cough* FF11-FF13 *cough*. But companies go through alot nowadays with testers and such just to make people have fun. Plus games are usually directed towards certain crowds.

FFXIII does NOT have sucky gameplay!!! And graphics are kinda good, but nothing special to worry about. Only gameplay is good. That's why I watch playthroughs of games I want BEFORE I buy them.

Thorax777

Wait you watch the other people play the entire game? doesn't that kinda ruin the experience? :-\

SuperSonic23

Quote from: Thorax777 on April 10, 2010, 06:02:56 PM
Wait you watch the other people play the entire game? doesn't that kinda ruin the experience? :-\

No. Cuz:

1. I'm not playing it.

2. It helps me when I get and play the real game.

3. I see commercials and stuff, so I see the experience.

HereAndThere

Gameplay.
If the graphics would matter, games like Megaman 9 and 10 wouln't have 8-bit graphics.
They would have been made in 3D, have "epic" graphics and then in the end have sucked so f*cking hard that Megaman Fans would have sent hate mail 1,000 times each.
So yeah, if the graphics would matter some of the games that are epic now, wouldn't be epic if the graphics would matter.
You don't buy a game to sit, stare at the TV and the games graphics and drool at the same time till you have a seizure.
You buy it for playing.
So the people who thinks graphics make a good game can go f*ck theirselves.

Thorax777

Quote from: SuperSonic12 on April 10, 2010, 06:04:58 PM
No. Cuz:

1. I'm not playing it.

2. It helps me when I get and play the real game.

3. I see commercials and stuff, so I see the experience.

Haven't you ever just gone online or into a store and look at the case and thought it would be fun? Bought it and then went home and got great enjoyment from your time playing it?

I did this with Star ocean : Till the end of time and Final fantasy 7 and it was probably the greatest enjoyment ever. Then you feel the suspense of not knowing the story and can get a thrill.

Post Merge: April 11, 2010, 12:32:38 AM

Quote from: jeexx on April 10, 2010, 06:23:11 PM
Gameplay.
If the graphics would matter, games like Megaman 9 and 10 wouln't have 8-bit graphics.
They would have been made in 3D, have "epic" graphics and then in the end have sucked so f*cking hard that Megaman Fans would have sent hate mail 1,000 times each.
So yeah, if the graphics would matter some of the games that are epic now, wouldn't be epic if the graphics would matter.
You don't buy a game to sit, stare at the TV and the games graphics and drool at the same time till you have a seizure.
You buy it for playing.

And what about Mega Man legends? It was 3d and I never knew anyone who disliked the game.

SuperSonic23

Quote from: jeexx on April 10, 2010, 06:23:11 PM
Gameplay.
You buy it for playing.

Amen to that, bro. +1.

DarkerSuperSonic

I say gameplay graphics doesn't make a game better.