Sonic Genesis Anime project

Started by Snooky, July 15, 2010, 08:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snooky

OK, so I came up with this the other night after watching Yu Yu Hakusho and beating Sonic 3 (final score was over 500000. Beat that muffuckas :3).
My plan is to make an anime adaption of Sonic 1, CD, 2, 3, and Knuckles. Of course, some liberties may be taken with the story. For instance; I'm considering combining 1, 2, and CD, since 1 and 2 barely have stories at all.

Someone with a scanner who's good with drawing anime-style drawings will be needed for the lead keyframe artist.
I may need to pick up some voice actors from elsewhere on the internet, but that will be a late step in the process.

I've written out all the shit I think will be needed:

Executive producer/director
Chris Snook

Producers

Animators
-Lead keyframe artist:
-Lead animator:
-Animators:

Artists
-Lead background artist:
-Background artists:
Maddie

Writers
-Lead writer:
Chris Snook
-Writers:
Slow Motion
Zion Crayson

Voice actors
-Sonic:
-Tails:
-Knuckles:
-Amy:
-Dr. Robotnik:

Composers
-Lead score composer:
-Lead remix artist:
-Composers:

Editors
-Finalization:
Chris Snook
-Sound Editing:
Chris Snook

Anyone who can help will be greatly appreciated. If you think we'll need any more assistance, post in the topic and tell me. :)

I'll need to approve anyone who wants to work on it. You'll also need to post an example of your work.

Hope this turns out awesome :D

Princessofthechaosemerald

alright, i could be a voice acter, i might be getting a mic this week so yeah .-.

and i Imed you about the BG artist right?
rings, water, 1-up boxes, and close up trees are not needed, those are the animaters job
i need to work on my palms and etc... i might not be able to do that, i could, how ever, be a writer, im really good at it.
BG: http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx98/Madison5150/greenhil.jpg

Snooky

Quote from: Maddie8D on July 15, 2010, 09:21:04 AM
alright, i could be a voice acter, i might be getting a mic this week so yeah .-.

and i Imed you about the BG artist right?
rings, water, 1-up boxes, and close up trees are not needed, those are the animaters job
i need to work on my palms and etc... i might not be able to do that, i could, how ever, be a writer, im really good at it.
BG: http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx98/Madison5150/greenhil.jpg
I'll add you as a background artist. If you're good enough, I'll make you the lead ;P

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: Snooky on July 15, 2010, 10:40:15 AM
I'll add you as a background artist. If you're good enough, I'll make you the lead ;P
Alright, I guess IM me for my first project, and what a Lead Bg artist does

Firestar36

Can I be a BG artist? IDK if this pic it okay for an example or not but...

It's supposed to be my design for Green Hill Zone....

Ignore the 30-second crappy Sonic sketch in the middle.

And the thing in the back that looks like Pacman was supposed to be one of those piranha things.

Snooky

Quote from: Firestar36 on July 15, 2010, 12:43:23 PM
Can I be a BG artist? IDK if this pic it okay for an example or not but...

Well, you'd need to exclude any characters and objects (as Maddie said: "rings, water, 1-up boxes, and close up trees are not needed, those are the animaters job")
Also, your line work needs to be darker and clearer. Coloring the background is a different job entirely so you don't have to worry about that.

If you give me another example, you might be able to be a background artist.

Also, if you're good at drawing characters, you could be a keyframe artist.

Firestar36

Quote from: Snooky on July 15, 2010, 01:19:24 PM
Well, you'd need to exclude any characters and objects (as Maddie said: "rings, water, 1-up boxes, and close up trees are not needed, those are the animaters job")
Also, your line work needs to be darker and clearer. Coloring the background is a different job entirely so you don't have to worry about that.

If you give me another example, you might be able to be a background artist.

Also, if you're good at drawing characters, you could be a keyframe artist.

I'm good at drawing characters! :O

Examples:

If ya need moar examples, I got 'em.

jkid101094

Might I suggest, for the animators, drawing each limb of the character from different angles, so that they can just be pieced together? It should save the artists some time since they wouldn't have to draw EVERY frame.

Every frame could be assembled with the parts in a program such as Photoshop. :3

I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, nor do I want a job, but I'm just making a little suggestion. :3

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Snooky

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 15, 2010, 01:52:13 PM
Might I suggest, for the animators, drawing each limb of the character from different angles, so that they can just be pieced together? It should save the artists some time since they wouldn't have to draw EVERY frame.

Every frame could be assembled with the parts in a program such as Photoshop. :3

I don't mean to tell you how to do your job, nor do I want a job, but I'm just making a little suggestion. :3
I think you're misunderstanding how the animation process works. The lead keyframe artist draws the objects and characters for the most important frames (possibly with the help of another keyframe artist) and the animators draw the frames inbetween the keyframes. The episodes will probably be about 5-10 minutes long, so the keyframe artist would be drawing about 300 frames for every episode. That's not as much work as it sounds like, though, considering they don't have to draw that much. :P

And Firestar, try drawing a classic-looking Sonic bopping a badnik or something :P Anything works as long as it's classic Sonic. If it looks good enough, I can make you a keyframe artist. But I don't want to make anyone the lead of anything until I know who'll be the best at it.

jkid101094

Quote from: Snooky on July 15, 2010, 01:58:16 PM
I think you're misunderstanding how the animation process works. The lead keyframe artist draws the objects and characters for the most important frames (possibly with the help of another keyframe artist) and the animators draw the frames inbetween the keyframes. The episodes will probably be about 5-10 minutes long, so the keyframe artist would be drawing about 300 frames for every episode. That's not as much work as it sounds like, though, considering they don't have to draw that much. :P
So, basically, the lead keyframe artist draws the characters and scenes, then the animators just throw it all together? Or am I still not getting it? x3

Sorry, dead brain is dead. ._.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Snooky

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 15, 2010, 02:05:19 PM
So, basically, the lead keyframe artist draws the characters and scenes, then the animators just throw it all together? Or am I still not getting it? x3

Sorry, dead brain is dead. ._.
lolno, the animators draw the frames inbetween the keyframes :P

TheGameNinja

I could maybe do some voice acting and editing.

jkid101094

Quote from: Snooky on July 15, 2010, 02:06:03 PM
lolno, the animators draw the frames inbetween the keyframes :P
Which leads me back to my first point. :3
I think it'd be easier if each part of the character, such as eyes, mouth, arms, legs, etc, were drawn separately, and just placed on each frame, so that precise parts could by reused. Such as if Sonic were to say "OMFG" twice in an episode, but in different places and in different poses, the animation for the mouth could be reused, so the animator doesn't have to re animate it. :3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Snooky

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 15, 2010, 02:33:48 PM
Which leads me back to my first point. :3
I think it'd be easier if each part of the character, such as eyes, mouth, arms, legs, etc, were drawn separately, and just placed on each frame, so that precise parts could by reused. Such as if Sonic were to say "OMFG" twice in an episode, but in different places and in different poses, the animation for the mouth could be reused, so the animator doesn't have to re animate it. :3
Yeah, but that would look shitty to the viewer, and in the end would be more trouble than just drawing the frames individually XP

jkid101094

Quote from: Snooky on July 15, 2010, 02:52:46 PM
Yeah, but that would look shitty to the viewer, and in the end would be more trouble than just drawing the frames individually XP
Oh, I see. x3
Carry on then. :3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.