You want to know what I think?

Started by Hakudamashi, July 16, 2010, 12:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

This is the year 2010
This is the year where we look at all the advancements we have,then look back on the 1900's and say
"Wow,video games back then were poor and unneventful, but I still play them for nostalgia reasons.'
NOT
"THESE GAMES WERE,ARE,AND FOREVER WILL BE THE BEST,NOTHING NOWADAYS WILL EVER TOP THEM!!!!!"

seriously
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: windlessusher on July 16, 2010, 12:15:04 PM
This is the year 2010
This is the year where we look at all the advancements we have,then look back on the 1900's and say
"Wow,video games back then were poor and unneventful, but I still play them for nostalgia reasons.'
NOT
"THESE GAMES WERE,ARE,AND FOREVER WILL BE THE BEST,NOTHING NOWADAYS WILL EVER TOP THEM!!!!!"

seriously
I agree with the statement above

oldies are just as good, if not better >:U so boo new lovers.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Maddie8D on July 16, 2010, 12:17:11 PM
I agree with the statement above

oldies are just as good, if not better >:U so boo new lovers.
you obviously read wrong
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I prefer the 3D games to the 2D games, and I'm proud to say it, not because the graphics are better, but simply because the older games aren't as fun and enjoyable for me. And you're talking to the guy who could get hours of entertainment off a glow stick and pong. >:I

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

lucarioaaron

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2010, 12:26:46 PM
I prefer the 3D games to the 2D games, and I'm proud to say it, not because the graphics are better, but simply because the older games aren't as fun and enjoyable for me. And you're talking to the guy who could get hours of entertainment off a glow stick and pong. >:I

Yeah, I like the 3D games too. But you could actually waste hours playing with a glow stick? AMAZING!!
This sig is under construction...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: lucarioaaron on July 16, 2010, 12:30:22 PM
Yeah, I like the 3D games too. But you could actually waste hours playing with a glow stick? AMAZING!!
I know,glow sticks are pretty.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I think everyone has a different taste in video games and they can enjoy whatever they want, regardless of the quality of the game. A video game's main mission is to bring entertainment and joy to someone, and if someone finds entertainment and joy in even the worst title, then that is fine.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2010, 12:39:08 PM

I think everyone has a different taste in video games and they can enjoy whatever they want, regardless of the quality of the game. A video game's main mission is to bring entertainment and joy to someone, and if someone finds entertainment and joy in even the worst title, then that is fine.
And you know what else?
I think
Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2010, 12:39:08 PM
A video game's main mission is to bring entertainment and joy to someone
So people who try to turn it into another sport(like tourny fags) need to just keep it to themselves
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: windlessusher on July 16, 2010, 12:15:04 PM
Look back on the 1900's and say "Wow,video games back then were poor and unneventful, but I still play them for nostalgia reasons.' NOT THESE GAMES WERE,ARE,AND FOREVER WILL BE THE BEST,NOTHING NOWADAYS WILL EVER TOP THEM!!!!!"

1998 - Half Life

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Sonic Boom

Quote from: windlessusher on July 16, 2010, 12:51:40 PM
2004 - Half Life 2

Still, it's kind of unfair to say the games in the 1990's sucked...granted they are not up to standards on what we see now but there were some good games like HL (which was even made for the Dreamcast but never released officially) and Sonic Adventure just to name two examples.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Sonic Boom on July 16, 2010, 12:59:51 PM
Still, it's kind of unfair to say the games in the 1990's sucked...granted they are not up to standards on what we see now but there were some good games like HL (which was even made for the Dreamcast but never released officially) and Sonic Adventure just to name two examples.
I never said they sucked
I'm saying that they were actually poorly done so that we can appreciate what we have now,and not bask in the glory that they had "back in the day"
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: windlessusher on July 16, 2010, 01:18:03 PM
I never said they sucked
I'm saying that they were actually poorly done so that we can appreciate what we have now,and not bask in the glory that they had "back in the day"

Because all games released nowadays are perfect and the epitome of gaming excellence.
Unlike the 90s where every game was riddled with problems that completely ruined the experience.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2010, 01:47:37 PM
Because all games released nowadays are perfect and the epitome of gaming excellence.
Unlike the 90s where every game was riddled with problems that completely ruined the experience.
Thats not what I'm saying either
I think "poorly made" isn't really the right term to be using anyway
but until I get a thesaurus,its the term that stays
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicLover25

I love the 2D and 3D games of Sonic.What can I say,I love Sonic.3D is definitely an improvement.I will,forever and always stick by ANY Sonic game that comes out.Why?Because,
I
Love
Sonic!

...And other 3D and 2D games are good too. ;)