Playing Downloaded Dreamcast Games on a Console

Started by TheGameNinja, August 22, 2010, 12:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

So, I've been trying various ways to get downloaded Dreamcast games working on my Dreamcast and none of them have worked. I've read that newer consoles may not be able to play them at all. I don't know how "new" mine is. All I know is that my launch console bit the dust the day Sonic Adventure 2 came out, so I had to wait on getting a used one.

Can anyone help me out?

Edit: Locked. I figured it out.

Ioshyriku

maybe you need a mod-chip like the PS1 and PS2, Wii have

Ravenfreak

Yeah, you're going to need a mod chip. Also, playing burned games usually is harsh on the system, so I don't recommend it. :\

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

I've seen nothing anywhere else saying I would need a modchip. I found my manufacture date and in reads "October 1999" and burned discs are supposed to work on consoles as late as December 2000.

I think I figured it out, though. Apparently you have to use CD-Rs and not CD-RWs. Not sure why, but whatever. I'll grab some within the next few days and see if I can get it going.

Funny, I thought most of you guys would know more about this. XD

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 23, 2010, 04:14:53 PM
I've seen nothing anywhere else saying I would need a modchip. I found my manufacture date and in reads "October 1999" and burned discs are supposed to work on consoles as late as December 2000.

I think I figured it out, though. Apparently you have to use CD-Rs and not CD-RWs. Not sure why, but whatever. I'll grab some within the next few days and see if I can get it going.

Funny, I thought most of you guys would know more about this. XD
Why can't you just emulate it on your laptop?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on August 23, 2010, 04:54:03 PM
Why can't you just emulate it on your laptop?
Because the emulator runs like crap on my lappy. I'd rather use the real console anyway.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on August 23, 2010, 05:03:58 PM
Because the emulator runs like crap on my lappy. I'd rather use the real console anyway.
I had that problem,you know what I did?I aced my college entrance exams and pulled the Jedi mind trick to make my uncle buy me a kickass gateway laptop
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay