Main Menu

Summer Wars

Started by TheGameNinja, October 13, 2010, 11:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!! I can only pray that FUNimation screens it at a theater near me. Heck, I'm willing to go out of state to see it.

For those who don't know, the guy that directed this movie also directed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (great movie) as well as the later portion of the first season of Digimon, in addition to part of the Digimon movie (you might recognize the art style :3).

The guy is being considered the next Hayao Miyazaki.

Jazz Nova

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 13, 2010, 11:37:00 AM

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!! I can only pray that FUNimation screens it at a theater near me. Heck, I'm willing to go out of state to see it.

For those who don't know, the guy that directed this movie also directed The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (great movie) as well as the later portion of the first season of Digimon, in addition to part of the Digimon movie (you might recognize the art style :3).

The guy is being considered the next Hayao Miyazaki.

'Nuff said
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

TobiTheGoodGirl

That movie looks amazing, it's deffinately something I would go watch. I'd stand in line for that shit for a midnight showing. I seriously hope it shows in any of the theaters near me <3

Hakudamashi

It had my attention from "Online Game"
Then I actually watched the trailer...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on October 13, 2010, 06:30:07 PM
It had my attention from "Online Game"
Then I actually watched the trailer...
That.
I never cared for things like this. Can't stand those teen dramas, even if they ARE centered around video games. :/

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

darkyellowz

that reminds me of the digimon movie, you know the one with the rap for a theme song.

darkness shadow

lol this looks interesting... i might go and watch it at some point
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 13, 2010, 06:52:29 PM
That.
I never cared for things like this. Can't stand those teen dramas, even if they ARE centered around video games. :/
It's not a video game. It's essentially the internet itself.
Also, it's not a teen drama. It's sci-fi. And isn't the art style ALONE enough to make you want to see it?

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 14, 2010, 07:44:56 AM
It's not a video game. It's essentially the internet itself.
Also, it's not a teen drama. It's sci-fi. And isn't the art style ALONE enough to make you want to see it?
Ahh, so it's kinda like that Sonic Zone game I was going to make?
And it appears to be one of those teenage chick flicks with a little bit of action put in. That's just my opinion, though. And, I prefer other anime styles. I might watch it on DVD, but I probably won't go to the theater. :-\

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 13, 2010, 06:52:29 PM
That.
*coughdegrassicough*
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: windlessusher on October 14, 2010, 11:15:39 AM
*coughdegrassicough*
A friend of mine LOVES that show...I watched it with her once, but I can't remember anything about it. xD

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 14, 2010, 11:17:03 AM
A friend of mine LOVES that show...I watched it with her once, but I can't remember anything about it. xD
Its a terrible show about retarded american children making the stupidest mistakes you could possibly imagine
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

A chick flick?!  No. It is not.

Have you seen the OVAs included in the original .hack// games? It's sorta like that. Sorta.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 14, 2010, 12:29:37 PM
A chick flick?!  No. It is not.

Have you seen the OVAs included in the original .hack// games? It's sorta like that. Sorta.
This shit is more real than .hack
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Quote from: windlessusher on October 14, 2010, 04:15:06 PM
This shit is more real than .hack
I said sorta. :P

I meant that the plot of the movie is somewhat kind sorta slightly similar to the .hack// game OVAs. A little.