Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney

Started by TheGameNinja, October 19, 2010, 09:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

QuotePhoenix Wright meet Professor Layton. Capcom's lawyer is going to appear in a game with Level-5's famous puzzle-solving sleuth. Today in Tokyo, Level-5 revealed a Professor Layton and Ace Attorney crossover Nintendo 3DS game currently titled "Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney". Ace Attorney creator Takumi Shuu will be working on the title, and the game's theme will be puzzles that are full of contradictions. Sounds perfect for a legal puzzle mash-up. The game is set in Labyrinth City. The background is medieval, and the city is populated with witches. The villain is named the "story teller" and whatever he writes with his pen becomes reality. The in-game trial is called "The Trial of the Witch", since Phoenix Wright's client is accused of being a witch.

I... I can't... it's just...

jkid101094

That seems rather...odd...cool, but odd. TBH, I've never played a game from either series. x3
The art styles look too different, but that shouldn't pose much of a problem, and we all know America isn't getting those kick ass anime cut scenes, so let's just toss those hopes out the window. ._.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 19, 2010, 10:00:08 AM
That seems rather...odd...cool, but odd. TBH, I've never played a game from either series. x3
The art styles look too different, but that shouldn't pose much of a problem, and we all know America isn't getting those kick ass anime cut scenes, so let's just toss those hopes out the window. ._.
Sure we will. Those same kinds of cutscenes are in the normal Layton games, and they are intact in the English versions.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 19, 2010, 10:06:11 AM
Sure we will. Those same kinds of cutscenes are in the normal Layton games, and they are intact in the English versions.
If they are, I might have my final reason to buy a 3DS...Or just watch them on YouTube. 8D
But, I was thinking more of what they did to TvC. Give the Japanese games full cut scenes and just give us screen shots of said cut scenes like lazy asses. >.>
I just hope, if I get this game, that I don't HAVE to play with the 3D effects. I can't stand them. >.<

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

darkyellowz

apon looking at this i was like "Whoa... am i drunk or something?" and then i slapped my self, i was okay and i wasn't dreaming, so now i can say that the 3DS is a win.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 19, 2010, 10:12:56 AM
If they are, I might have my final reason to buy a 3DS...Or just watch them on YouTube. 8D
But, I was thinking more of what they did to TvC. Give the Japanese games full cut scenes and just give us screen shots of said cut scenes like lazy asses. >.>
I just hope, if I get this game, that I don't HAVE to play with the 3D effects. I can't stand them. >.<
You can adjust how much 3D there is with a switch on the 3DS itself. You can even turn it off completely if you want to.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 19, 2010, 11:04:17 AM
You can adjust how much 3D there is with a switch on the 3DS itself. You can even turn it off completely if you want to.
I know, but I figured there might be some games where it might be mandatory.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 19, 2010, 11:06:07 AM
I know, but I figured there might be some games where it might be mandatory.
Well, it is going to be at least part puzzle game. There could be some puzzles that require the 3D, I suppose.

TheGameNinja

FULL TRAILER!! No subs, but it looks awesome. Right now, it looks a lot more Layton-y, not so much Attorney-y. Still, it's already a day 1 buy for me.

jkid101094

Pheonix just looks kickass there. I hope this isn't them making up for his exclusion in TvC and MvC 3, though. D=

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

Just found a subtitled version. The subs are in the annotations, so make sure you have them turned on. Too bad they only cover the dialog. Anyway, the translation makes some things about the plot clear. Seeing this makes me want an Ace Attorney anime even more. Layton got a movie. Why can't Phoenix have one?

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on October 19, 2010, 05:50:55 PM
Just found a subtitled version. The subs are in the annotations, so make sure you have them turned on. Too bad they only cover the dialog. Anyway, the translation makes some things about the plot clear. Seeing this makes me want an Ace Attorney anime even more. Layton got a movie. Why can't Phoenix have one?

Alright, once I see the gameplay, I'm sold! o3o
Assuming I get a 3DS. x3

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Skyle369

There are rumors floating around that they might not release this in the west...