Just went and watched Tangled...

Started by Tanassy, January 17, 2011, 12:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanassy

And it was brilliant, amazing.

You know how lately Disney movies have just been.. missing what used to make them so great? I feel this movie has brought it all back. Disney have created, in my opinion, something truly spectacular with Tangled.

Yeah, maybe it's all a bit childish for you guys, but I'm wondering if there's any Disney fans out there, or just moviegoers in general, who have seen this and know what I'm going on about?

Super Sonic Boom

I was considering see it, the only thing stopping me is that I think it maybe a tad childish.

shadowDOESrock

Since i want to make Movie Reviews on YouTube, i suposse i count?

*waits for new computer with premiere pro cs5*

While this is unrelated, its just something that has been bugging me- and came into my mind after you said disney.

Tron: Legacy.

The Complaints from Critics mostly just say 'Its not as inovative' in too many words.

But...i thought it was a good movie. Sure its not as Colourful as the 80's Tron Movie.

But...

what do you think?   -ifnoonecaresignore-

Jazz Nova

Anyhow, I haven't been to the movies or known what's playing in awhile...
Maybe I'll go see said movie.
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

Tanassy

Yeah. I didn't get a single on-topic reply.  But anyway...

Chris, if you're not into childish fairytails sure, don't go for it. But it's also a great movie in it's own right, just saying.
Kyo, while you bring that up, it only isn't as innovative because of today's high standards. But I wasn't including that when I said 'Disney movies', I meant the more fairytale, classic Disney movies.

196, I found it simply appauling you ignored the head post and just went totally off-topic. this is NOT the spam section.

Dracoslythe

Honestly I /LOVE/ Disney movies.  You're right; lately (well, The Princess and the Frog was pretty good :3) they have...well, to put it frankly:  sucked.

I was thinking about going to see Tangled cause I've heard so many good things about it, but with the trend in Disney movies, I wasn't sure it'd be worth it.

Tanassy

Quote from: Dracoslythe on January 17, 2011, 07:59:43 AM
Honestly I /LOVE/ Disney movies.  You're right; lately (well, The Princess and the Frog was pretty good :3) they have...well, to put it frankly:  sucked.

I was thinking about going to see Tangled cause I've heard so many good things about it, but with the trend in Disney movies, I wasn't sure it'd be worth it.
Trust me, the lack has been made up for. Some people even thought this was better than like, Aladdin. We were all "what?! impossible!" but then went and watched it and WOAH. It's just amazing. Colourful, happy, cheerful, even a bit of dark, gloomy, sad. AND IT'S FREAKIN' FUNNY XD
You know how it is. It's the first 3D movie I've ever seen beat the 2D classics.

Hakudamashi

Isn't it that Reponsel movie? Not interested
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

TheGameNinja

The only problem I had with the movie was that chameleon. It was only in the movie so they could slap it on merchandise. It never once did anything other than make faces.

Other than that, yeah. Great movie. :P

Tanassy

Quote from: TheGameNinja on January 17, 2011, 11:51:21 AM
The only problem I had with the movie was that chameleon. It was only in the movie so they could slap it on merchandise. It never once did anything other than make faces.

Other than that, yeah. Great movie. :P
Lol, pascal was awesome. Not as cool as max though :P

Hakudamashi

Quote from: BloodFury~ Goldie on January 17, 2011, 11:45:23 AM
Rapunzel. And why not?
Cause all the movies of that style, especially Happily N'Ever After, were very underwhelming
Not to mention I was very unimpressed with the trailers I saw
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on January 17, 2011, 11:54:31 AM
Cause all the movies of that style, especially Happily N'Ever After, were very underwhelming
Not to mention I was very unimpressed with the trailers I saw
Alright, your opinion. I thought it was an amazing movie.

Supersonic196

this one is just destined to slip under people's radar.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: supersonic196 on January 17, 2011, 12:28:39 PM
this one is just destined to slip under people's radar.
I know what you mean
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay