My Wii is bricked.

Started by TheGameNinja, February 28, 2011, 07:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

Black screen on start up and nothing else happens. I had absolutely nothing illegitimate on it. And it's bricked. And EFFin Nintendo wants me to pay $85 to fix the thing. Never before have I had a beef with Nintendo, but I sure do now. Odds are they won't be able to salvage my save data. At this rate I may as well buy a new one. /rageface

SmashFinale

Here's the good news....

O_o

:o damn... i hoped u saved most of ur data on a SD card

jkid101094

You're kidding? Are you sure it's bricked? I'm not sure how it could be...and last time I checked $85 was better than paying $100. If I were you I'd sent it in and maybe you'd get lucky. I guess the Wii does have a version of the red ring...oh dear...

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Are you sure something 'foreign' or 'unauthorized' wasn't put in? I've heard cases where bad SD cards or disks have bricked consoles, but I wouldn't be able to point at any specifics. Either that, or there could be a leak/malfunction in the hardware, which really could only happen if it was hit or if it has overheated. Ah well, Wii's are dirt cheap anyway..

Have a look around, see if it's fixable, or salvageable at least.

Hakudamashi

Thus proving that the PS3 is the only truly secure console

And y'know what else?
This thing with the black screen happened to me not too long ago
I dunno what being "bricked" was, so I just assumed that it was taking its sweet time booting up, so I just played my PS3 for a few minutes, then when I went to check if it was on.....it was on....so yeah......maybe its slow?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

Nothing foreign/unauthorized/illegal/something-not-bearing-the-official-Nintendo-seal-of-quality was put in it. Heck, I've only ever had one SD card to put in it and it's never given me problems before. :-\

Gilly

Take THAT all you 360 haters. Shit happens on other systems, too.

Ryltohn

FINE John. *grumbles* IstillsayXboxsareshit >:D

Try unpluggin it for.. an hour and then replugging it. Also, were there any power outages recewntly?

All your bass are belong to me

TheGameNinja

I was out of town last weekend. Here's what my little brother said happened. He wanted Super Mario RPG on his Wii. We had it downloaded on ours. He deleted the game on ours. He tried to re-download it onto the SD card. Something happened and it didn't work. He turned the Wii off. He tried to turn it back on. Black screen of death. And it's been like that since then.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: John Gillis on March 01, 2011, 09:38:22 AM
Take THAT all you 360 haters. s*** happens on other systems, too.
I didn't think there were any...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: John Gillis on March 01, 2011, 09:38:22 AM
Take THAT all you 360 haters. s*** happens on other systems, too.
Yet, way less often.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

I have all three consoles and have never had a problem. I must say though, Wind is right. xD

SmashFinale

Quote from: TheGameNinja on March 01, 2011, 10:40:33 AM
I was out of town last weekend. Here's what my little brother said happened. He wanted Super Mario RPG on his Wii. We had it downloaded on ours. He deleted the game on ours. He tried to re-download it onto the SD card. Something happened and it didn't work. He turned the Wii off. He tried to turn it back on. Black screen of death. And it's been like that since then.

...Maybe he should have just moved it to the SD card before he deleted it

Ryltohn

Did he turn of the Wii while it was downloading.....?

oshi-!~ thats just ASKING for corruption.
All your bass are belong to me

TheGameNinja

I said what I know. That's all he told me.