PSN Now Requires Passes.

Started by jkid101094, July 07, 2011, 07:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

http://screwattack.com/blogs/Hard-News/Hard-News-070611-Sony-Pass-Deus-Ex-leak-Pokemon-Tap

This is just...Sony...I'm not paying $1 for every unnecessary update you want to give my system. Updates should be free, not everyone can spare the money. >.>

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

"...and at this rate Sony will charge..."

I'm pretty sure that was just speculation. It sounds sarcastic to me. And I can't find any evidence of it being true.

As for the other part, I buy almost all my games new, so it probably won't effect me if it works like EA's thing.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 07, 2011, 07:56:37 PM
"...and at this rate Sony will charge..."

I'm pretty sure that was just speculation. It sounds sarcastic to me. And I can't find any evidence of it being true.

As for the other part, I buy almost all my games new, so it probably won't effect me if it works like EA's thing.
I can't afford games when they're new most of the time and if I do then it's only one that I mostly try to reserve. But I never use online modes unless I have to. It's kinda shitty that you have to either pay full price of buy something extra JUST TO BEAT THE GAME. At this rate the rental business is going to die.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

TheGameNinja

It already is dying. Every single video rental store in my town has gone out of business because of those EFFing Redbox machines. And I bet Netflix and Gamefly muscle them out soon. Or buy them out.

jkid101094

Quote from: TheGameNinja on July 07, 2011, 08:03:29 PM
It already is dying. Every single video rental store in my town has gone out of business because of those EFFing Redbox machines. And I bet Netflix and Gamefly muscle them out soon. Or buy them out.
Our Blockbuster over here died out not too long ago. I loved that place. :[
But I have Gamefly now, but you know they and Red Box are going to suffer now that these stupid passes are going into effect because "online play is so awesomeeeeelololol". The only system that seems plausible for rentals now is the Wii and they don't even know what they want to do with their Wi-fi.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 07, 2011, 07:39:16 PM
http://screwattack.com/blogs/Hard-News/Hard-News-070611-Sony-Pass-Deus-Ex-leak-Pokemon-Tap

This is just...Sony...I'm not paying $1 for every unnecessary update you want to give my system. Updates should be free, not everyone can spare the money. >.>

It's just 1$/€ per month isn't that bad.
It's not like you have to pay 120 dollars per year.

jkid101094

Quote from: jeexx on July 07, 2011, 10:25:51 PM
It's just 1$/€ per month isn't that bad.
It's not like you have to pay 120 dollars per year.
How is it fair that I have to pay for bug fixes and new features for my system that are MANDATORY to play the fucking games? The Play Station Home? I could see that as something you should pay for but not this. Updates should be optional or free.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 07, 2011, 10:41:42 PM
How is it fair that I have to pay for bug fixes and new features for my system that are MANDATORY to play the fucking games? The Play Station Home? I could see that as something you should pay for but not this. Updates should be optional or free.
I agree that the updates should be free, but I can still pay 1€ per month so I can play a new game I paid 60€ for, it's not the end of the world that Sony's asking money for that shit and I'm not even suprised, after all they got hacked and lost like, 100 billion dollars.

jkid101094

Quote from: jeexx on July 07, 2011, 10:56:27 PM
I agree that the updates should be free, but I can still pay 1€ per month so I can play a new game I paid 60€ for, it's not the end of the world that Sony's asking money for that shit and I'm not even suprised, after all they got hacked and lost like, 100 billion dollars.
But that money adds up, especially if the updates become more frequent. By now you know how poor I am and my brother and I both have a PS3 (thanks to my father and mom's boyfriend. (not the same guy, of course.)) And if there are...what, 10 updates per month that's $20 out of pocket for us and with about 8 people in the house who either aren't working or paying rent that $20 per month adds up and smacks down pretty hard.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 07, 2011, 11:04:50 PM
But that money adds up, especially if the updates become more frequent. By now you know how poor I am and my brother and I both have a PS3 (thanks to my father and mom's boyfriend. (not the same guy, of course.)) And if there are...what, 10 updates per month that's $20 out of pocket for us and with about 8 people in the house who either aren't working or paying rent that $20 per month adds up and smacks down pretty hard.
Usually there's only 1 update per 2 months, so yeah, I doubt you'll be losing too much money.

jkid101094

Quote from: jeexx on July 07, 2011, 11:16:36 PM
Usually there's only 1 update per 2 months, so yeah, I doubt you'll be losing too much money.
I could have sworn there was more. Oh well. I guess in the end I have no choice in the matter anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

HereAndThere

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 07, 2011, 11:17:54 PM
I could have sworn there was more. Oh well. I guess in the end I have no choice in the matter anyway.
Wait, do the updates for the games cost? Or the system updates?
'Cause if it's the system updates, then there would be like, 1 every 2 months, but if it's the games, then there'll be at least 10 every 2 months.

jkid101094

Quote from: jeexx on July 07, 2011, 11:21:27 PM
Wait, do the updates for the games cost? Or the system updates?
'Cause if it's the system updates, then there would be like, 1 every 2 months, but if it's the games, then there'll be at least 10 every 2 months.
I think it's the system updates, still, free is always better, no?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

the 1 Doller thing was a joke.

>.>

HereAndThere

Quote from: Lucyfied~ on July 08, 2011, 08:38:49 AM
the 1 Doller thing was a joke.

>.>

Orly? You sure about that? 'Cause no one would be suprised about Sony just deciding to make that joke an official thing.