How the Fuck Do You People Play Step-Mania?

Started by jkid101094, August 20, 2011, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

I'm not talking about the actual arcade version, because that's an ever greater mystery. I'm talking about the PC version, specifically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwWYwCPN0Y&feature=channel_video_title

Even that looks hard, assuming you've played the thing before and are like me. =\

I just installed it today because I wanted to try to make a SMZip file for Draci for a sing she couldn't find. After spending about an hour screwing around with the customization features I went to try the game again, to get a taste for how normal Step Mania songs played. After about 10 seconds I promptly uninstalled the game. Why? Because the thing is fucking impossible. I dunno if it's my horrible fingers or the fact I didn't spend my life at Band-Camp tooting a flute but I cannot play this thing for the life of me. I can't stand Guitar Hero either for the exact same reason.

That's the song I tried. Don't laugh 'cause that shit is hard. @_@

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

~Bubblicious~

Neither of those songs are hard, lulz o3o...
I guess it just varies with people xD

Princessofthechaosemerald

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 20, 2011, 12:20:11 AM
I'm not talking about the actual arcade version, because that's an ever greater mystery. I'm talking about the PC version, specifically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAwWYwCPN0Y&feature=channel_video_title

Even that looks hard, assuming you've played the thing before and are like me. =\

I just installed it today because I wanted to try to make a SMZip file for Draci for a sing she couldn't find. After spending about an hour screwing around with the customization features I went to try the game again, to get a taste for how normal Step Mania songs played. After about 10 seconds I promptly uninstalled the game. Why? Because the thing is fucking impossible. I dunno if it's my horrible fingers or the fact I didn't spend my life at Band-Camp tooting a flute but I cannot play this thing for the life of me. I can't stand Guitar Hero either for the exact same reason.

That's the song I tried. Don't laugh 'cause that shit is hard. @_@
Lmfao...it is hard o-o Guitar Hero pisses me off, like you said, for the same reason.

FlashTheHedgehog123

Hello!

Dracoslythe

lol I see what you did there with that first video.
I could have made it harder.  There were other beats in there that I could have synched the steps to.  :3

...the second one is easier than mine.  xDDD

And it takes practice.  I've been playing SM for about 7 years now.  trololo

Tanassy

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Riko~ on August 20, 2011, 04:59:06 PM
I play that game so much my hands are like steel.
Well, that's going to feel awkward inside me. >:U

*shot*

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 20, 2011, 05:03:37 PM
Well, that's going to feel awkward inside me. >:U

*shot*
Nah, you'll get used to it.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 20, 2011, 05:11:40 PM
No, and it sounds like I don't want to.
YouTube "Rage Quit:The Impossible Game"
And grab some snacks
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.