What are your pet-peeves?

Started by ~Bubblicious~, August 23, 2011, 05:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameNinja

I understand calling the NES the Nintendo, when it was the only one anyway. Maybe the Super Nintendo, I dunno. But I never called the Nintendo 64 a "Nintendo." I always called the the 64 or the N64.

Hakudamashi

From the briefings u guys gave, im the scum of SZ
Wut joy...

and all these things.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

FlashTheHedgehog123

Stupid people. They make me want to kill someone.

Also, people that dont use punctuation makes me want to kill someone, too.
Hello!

jkid101094

Oh look, I'm bored. So let me think for a sec...

1. People who lie or constantly change opinions when it means they'll win and deny they ever had the former opinion in the first place:
Now this one is obvious, I bitch at people all the time about it. I live with a bunch of people I can't trust because I know they'll lie to me to get what they want. It just pisses me off when people try to honestly lie to you. I do it joking, of course, but I always reveal I was joking at some point.

Also, people who constantly change opinions. If you say you're something like...I dunno...let's use one of my favorite words..."Transgender", but a few weeks ago you said you weren't, then try to deny that you ever said you weren't, it just pisses me off.

2. People that shove their work in your face or brag about something like it's the best thing ever:
I understand you're proud of your work or that game with the amazing story and all, but if I don't give a shit, I don't give a shit. You shoving it in my face will only make me despise it more. I mean, really. If you think because you expose me to it more I'll eventually get curious and try it you don't know damn diddly squat about the human race. This is the reason why I hate ponies, not the show in general.

3. Draco People who put down their work even though they have good talent:
Really, if I say I love your work I really mean it. Chances are I can't do what you can for shit and I'd love to take that talent off your hands.

4. People that make claims without any sort of evidence:
Oh God, this one. I'll do it jokingly or for the purpose of trolling but when someone honestly tries to pull this one off it's just irritating. Observe.

Quote from: This quote is purely fictional and created to help show my point. Please do not rip apart GameSpot for this article.Anon: "GameSpot said that SEGA confirmed Hyper Sonic for Sonic Generations."

jkid: "And you know this how?"

Anon: "Because Gamespot said it."

jkid: "Link?"

Anon: "I lost the link."

jkid: "Then your claim is BS."

Anon: No it isn't. Go use Google.

Maybe that example doesn't make you want to snap anon's neck, but you see what I'm getting at. If you're going to make a claim use support that isn't from memory! I can't see you thoughts, buddy and why should I go dig up support for your claim? A statement without evidence is pure bull. End of story.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2011, 09:29:09 AM
Transgender since 7 my ass. Want my to get the chat logs? >:l
Please don't use that example. You know full well that's a load of bull.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 28, 2011, 09:32:32 AM
Please don't use that example. You know full well that's a load of bull.
I still stick by my opinion, but I'll change it anyway.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
I think you might not understand what a pet peeve is.
Maybe I don't. Elaborate?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2011, 09:44:52 AM
Maybe I don't. Elaborate?

A pet peeve is a small annoyance that other people may not care about but that you in particular are irritated of.

Some of the things you listed couldn't really be considered pet peeves because they aren't minor annoyances or they are things that the majority of people would find annoying.

Tanassy

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2011, 09:50:43 AM
A pet peeve is a small annoyance that other people may not care about but that you in particular are irritated of.

Some of the things you listed couldn't really be considered pet peeves because they aren't minor annoyances or they are things that the majority of people would find annoying.
This.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 28, 2011, 09:50:43 AM

Oh, I see. Then I apologize, but I don't think people mind if I keep my post here. I could always create another topic, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

SmashFinale

i HATE it when people call my DS a Game Boy.
The game boy is OLDER than my schoolmates. why are they still fucking saying that?

When little kids spoil the ending to a game or movie. I just want to beat the kid so they will finally learn to shut their damn mouths.

Guys that only play FPS Games. Sure it's cool and all, but it really means that you are so damn emo that the only way to express you're own goddamn angst is to repeatedly kill someone with a fucking Glock 18. Congradu-fucking-lations. I seriously bet you want to do this shit IRL, but you are at least smart enough to kill someone virtually. Enjoy that little kid raging at you.

Band-wagoners. Absolutely pathetic going for the winning side for THAT YEAR. This mostly relates to sports. Don't say the team is all that then turn your back on it the next fucking year they don't do so well. You're a pussy punk bitch if you ALWAYS need to win like that. This can relate to fads also. As soon as MLP is no longer a fad, everyone is gonna turn their backs on it.

I'll post more later...

Tanassy

Quote from: SmashFinale on August 28, 2011, 12:11:33 PM
i HATE it when people call my DS a Game Boy.
The game boy is OLDER than my schoolmates. why are they still fucking saying that?

When little kids spoil the ending to a game or movie. I just want to beat the kid so they will finally learn to shut their damn mouths.

Guys that only play FPS Games. Sure it's cool and all, but it really means that you are so damn emo that the only way to express you're own goddamn angst is to repeatedly kill someone with a fucking Glock 18. Congradu-fucking-lations. I seriously bet you want to do this shit IRL, but you are at least smart enough to kill someone virtually. Enjoy that little kid raging at you.

Band-wagoners. Absolutely pathetic going for the winning side for THAT YEAR. This mostly relates to sports. Don't say the team is all that then turn your back on it the next fucking year they don't do so well. You're a pussy punk bitch if you ALWAYS need to win like that. This can relate to fads also. As soon as MLP is no longer a fad, everyone is gonna turn their backs on it.

I'll post more later...
I'm glad you said "Only" FPS games. Because I enjoy FPS's too. =P

And ugh, kids and their spoilers T~T

TheGameNinja

Vader is Luke's father.
Bruce Willis is dead the whole time in The Sixth Sense.
Snape kills Dumbledore.
Samus is a girl.
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Planet of the Apes is Earth in the future.
Aeris dies.

Captain America will return in The Avengers.

Elija2