Sequel to Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors announced

Started by Proto_Blaze, August 25, 2011, 04:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proto_Blaze

shadowDOESrock

its not a direct sequel though
its just in the same universe according to joystiq.

^^

Like, FF13 & FF13V...

Proto_Blaze

Yup I know lol... idk how a direct sequel could even work.. although the cop dude does resemble an older Junpei

Tanassy

A direct sequel *could* make some sense, potentally. But given the game is completely different in alot of ways, I don't think it'd compliment 999 well. For example, the voice acting.

Proto_Blaze

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 25, 2011, 06:35:28 AM
A direct sequel *could* make some sense, potentally. But given the game is completely different in alot of ways, I don't think it'd compliment 999 well. For example, the voice acting.

Voice acting is a plus IMO. My dad is dyslexic and can't read a game like 999, yet when I tell him of the plot I get his full attention because he loves mystery type things

Elija2

Well, it's another Nonary game just in a different setting.

It says this on the 999 Answers page:

If there were to be [a sequel]...I would come up with completely different characters, and then mix in some of the characters from 999 and build a story from that. Of course, the setting will be them being stuck in a room that they can't get out of. Storyline would be after the events of 999. ...Of course, this is all hypothetical.

Also this:

To be honest, it's possible that what went on in Building Q might have just been the prologue to an even larger scheme. If that was the case, then you could say that they were heading off to prepare the rest of their plan after the true ending.

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 25, 2011, 06:35:28 AM
For example, the voice acting.

I think that something they wanted to do in 999 was include voice acting, but they couldn't due to cash or size constraints. The writer of these games says he wished that the part with young Akane and Junpei in the incinerator was voiced. The voice acting will likely be japanese-only anyway and it's being done by supposed famous japanese voice actors. As long as there isn't too much high-pitched screaming it should be good.

Proto_Blaze

Hakudamashi

Who's ready to see people go insane and watch people explode
IN 3D =O
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

When I mentioned voice acting, I was saying that voice acting would suit the new characters well, but affect our ideas of the old ones, for better or worse. Get what I'm sayin'?

Proto_Blaze

Tanassy

Proto_Blaze

Ugh why isn't the game out yet??? -.-
At least its 50% so we could see it by spring if we are lucky

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 25, 2011, 08:26:09 PM
When I mentioned voice acting, I was saying that voice acting would suit the new characters well, but affect our ideas of the old ones, for better or worse. Get what I'm sayin'?
Actually, yes
*remembers transition from air gear manga to eng dub anime*
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

Quote from: windlessusher on August 26, 2011, 07:51:22 AM
Actually, yes
*remembers transition from air gear manga to eng dub anime*
yeah.. but given the intensity of the story it'd make a pretty damn big impact.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 26, 2011, 08:04:43 AM
yeah.. but given the intensity of the story it'd make a pretty damn big impact.
Are you saying Air Gear's story wasn't intense?>=U
Aw who am I kidding, of course it wasn't...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay