Main Menu

Rate That VGM!

Started by jkid101094, August 28, 2011, 11:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

A very simple game. What we do is we take turns posting Video Game Music. The following user rates the previous song based of a scale of 0-10/10 and then posts his/her own (fan remixes count). The process repeats until this topic surely dies.

Click Here to Visit the Sister Topic!

So to kick off this topic I'll post one I just heard.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Hmm. I'd say about 6/10. It's a nice song, but it's a little dull and even a little 'generic' for my liking. But nonetheless, nice.

This is a fan remix of Rainbow Road from Super Mario Kart on the SNES. See what you make of it.
(i'm guessing I got the idea of the topic right?)

jkid101094

Yep, you got it right, sweetie. ;)

9/10
It's a really awesome remix, but nothing I'd listen to again or add to my favs. I've always had more of a fondness for MK64's Rainbow Road tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUvm6kqqkg0&feature=channel_video_title

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

The song is fairly heavy and really sucks you in and gets you excited. I think I wouldn't mind listening to this again. It's not too repetetive either which is a plus, and the beat is just intense.. Hm. Not bad! 9/10.

The theme of "Corneria" from Star Fox, on the SNES. One of my favorite VG tunes for sure.

SmashFinale

Catchy, Repetitive, and just plain nostalgic. That song pumps me up everytime through it's amazing use of Super Sound FX Chip. Definitely worthy for the first level of a video game (that i have never beaten). 9/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g33NAdYB8GU&feature=related
Lost Courage from DBZB:T2. Quite obviously the best song in the game.

Tanassy

I'd give that maybe.. a 7/10. It's got a good beat but it's quite repetetive. I can listen to it in the background while doing something else but can't really focus much on the music itself. I assume it's used during a fight though so I'd assume it fits it's purpose. better than some things I've heard though.

A redone "Green Greens" for Kirby's Epic yarn.

-Edit, made a typo there before. My mind wasn't functioning due to the music in the background >.>

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 28, 2011, 12:33:55 PM
I'd give that maybe.. a 7/10. It's got a good beat but it's quite repetetive. I can listen to it in the background while doing something else but can't really focus much on the music itself. I assume it's used during a fight though so I'd assume it fits it's purpose. better than some things I've heard though.

A redone "Green Greens" for Kirby's Epic yarn.

-Edit, made a typo there before. My mind wasn't functioning due to the music in the background >.>

10/10

Because Green Greens is Green Greens, darn it! D=<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Q__dcwtpo&feature=related

A remix of my favorite Kirby tune.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

You'll have to show me the original. This seems a little empty to me, though it gets alot better as the song progresses. 8/10.

Elija2

It's okay, I guess...

9/10

Tanassy

Oh I do like that. 8.5/10

Another SF tune I love.

jkid101094

Quote from: Tana Rei Riko on August 28, 2011, 01:09:07 PM
Oh I do like that. 8.5/10

Another SF tune I love.
I honestly can't remember that tune being in that game, but I do remember it from Brawl.

7/10

Because it's not the greatest thing I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu7eIdJB-mw&feature=related

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Tanassy

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 28, 2011, 08:43:41 PM
I honestly can't remember that tune being in that game, but I do remember it from Brawl.
Serious? It was the VERY first level of Assault. :L

Oh I do like that song. Gosh I loved that game, too. 8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGK221-ya1o&feature=channel_video_title
One of my favorite VG tracks, "Survival Step" from Sonic Riders. I used my music video for the heck of it :3

SmashFinale

Tanassy

Hmm... 8/10. it's a bit.. lacking. I don't know how to explain.

jkid101094

6/10

Song is creepy, I like it, but not something I'd listen to outside of the game.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.