Main Menu

Sonic 3 and D progress 1

Started by Iwillbenapo, October 11, 2011, 12:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenapo

SonicSlug942 and I team up into making this game.
This will not be another Sonic FGX.
Napo.

Tanassy

No offense but this looks just as bad as every other fan game.

jkid101094

Quote from: Riko Sapphire on October 11, 2011, 08:14:25 AM
No offense but this looks just as bad as every other fan game.
Now, now. You don't have to be mean to be honest.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Gilly

Sorry but this really isn't good bud.

Iwillbenapo

It's not done, it doesn't even have a ring counter.

This is good if you're a game maker, I could understand for some game players that this is bad, if they're only players, not makers.
Napo.

Tanassy

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on October 11, 2011, 01:24:37 PM
It's not done, it doesn't even have a ring counter.

This is good if you're a game maker, I could understand for some game players that this is bad, if they're only players, not makers.
Nope.

I've dabbled in game-making, and plan on being in the industry myself, and this is pretty pathetic, by both standards.

Iwillbenapo

We've only been working on this for like a few hours, it's good for just a few hours of work.
Yet it's still not done, just be patient and when the game is fully released (Nov-Dec) you will all be looking back and saying "better than nothing."
Napo.

Tanassy

if you say so, buddy. I'd say you're looking at a much longer timeline to make a half-decent game. Even some fangames have been in development for years.

Iwillbenapo

I know, but with perfecting the gameplay, sprites, and tiles, it took an hour or so.
As with the levels, it only took like a few minutes.
So we're gonna finish this before 2012.
And don't think what we just showed you (with a laggy camrecorder) is all we have in the game.
Napo.

Tanassy

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on October 11, 2011, 02:41:08 PM
I know, but with perfecting the gameplay, sprites, and tiles, it took an hour or so.
As with the levels, it only took like a few minutes.
So we're gonna finish this before 2012.
And don't think what we just showed you (with a laggy camrecorder) is all we have in the game.
mate, until you actually show me something worth my time, I'm not interested. Your words are... just words.

Iwillbenapo

Napo.

PSNGigoByte

I'll give you a bit of constructive criticism if you like?

For starters - As many other people here have said, this looks pretty much just like any other fan game out there - Though I got to say, I quite like the multi-screen thing you have going on!

May I recommend (especially for the 'Classic Sonic' levels) that you have the camera closed in a considerable amount? Or you could make things a little more exciting, and have it so that when the player gains speed, the camera somewhat pans out a little bit more, so you can see what's coming up ahead.

Obviously, you'll need to work on the level design a little more, as it does seem a tad weak - but over time, I'm sure this game will be perfected.

I will say though, please don't make the assumption that it'll be out before 2012. Whilst I'm not doubting your game creation prowess, a game of this magnitude won't be complete by then, at least not to the high enough standards which people would be wanting and in some cases, expecting.

None the less, I wish you all the best with your project and honestly can not wait to see the final outcome!
Any chance for a Pre-Alpha test?

Iwillbenapo

Sorry bud, but I can't answer that question on this forum.

You can PM me on Youtube though. I have the same account name, Iwillbenapo.
Napo.

Tanassy

Quote from: Iwillbenapo on October 12, 2011, 10:08:26 AM
You can PM me on Youtube though. I have the same account name, Iwillbenapo.
Not. even. gonna. bother.

Also, going on the idea of "level design".. Slopes. Slopes slopes and more slopes. There's nothing uglier than staircases on green hill. If you know what I mean.

Iwillbenapo

I know what you mean.

I'll get in contact with BR and see what we can do.
As for now, here was the original idea:

He was going to climb waterfalls... we then changed the idea.
Napo.