NINJA FLIPS! (Martial arts tricking)

Started by John_the_Dreamer, November 02, 2011, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_the_Dreamer

Yesterday was exactly a year after I began tricking. Tricking, or martial arts tricking, is a badass blend of gymnastics, MANY forms of martial arts, some breakdancing, and some made-up movements. The result is utter ninja pwnage. Tricking is characterized by fast, nimble, flowing combos that elegantly mix flips, twists, and kicks - three of the major elements of tricking. In fact, many individual tricks are twist/flips with kicks in them! The beauty is that it's mostly self-taught - I learned everything I do now by watching Youtube videos, strapping on the balls, and trying it in my backyard. So, individuality and self-expression flourishes in this new and unknown art. Every tricker has their own style. I'll cut the jargon and show you mine.

This is old...I've progressed quite a bit since then.

Those aren't really combos, but are basic transitions that show the grace and fierceness of the movement.

Tricking has transformed me. Not only has it given me extraordinary strength and fitness (and a six pack ;3), it has changed my work ethic and outlook on life. The amazing people and experiences that come along with tricking have taught me valuable lessons about dedication and made me infinitely more optimistic. Plus, I'm not at nerd status at school anymore.

Now that you've seen me, take a look at a couple of the very best!

I'll post videos of tricking gatherings and battles (THEY'RE INSANE) if people are interested, as well as other trickers...and I'll keep you guys updated on my tricking. As of right now I'm on a break because I'm dedicating my body to marching band.